I have recently purchased a BB 8120 which is supposed to come supplied with BB maps. Despite BB maps being in the applications list there isnt a shortcut on the Menu sreen to activate the application.

Would anyone out there know how to create a short cut from the menu screen to launch BB maps or how to launch the app from the applications list.

Thanks in advance
    07-17-08 12:42 PM
    Are if it might be hidden because it's on mine go to the menu and click the BB button and hit show all and unhide it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 12:49 PM
    unfortunately show all doesnt reveal a hidden menu icon/shortcut but thanks any way!
    07-17-08 12:54 PM
    Alternatively you could use Google Maps or Nav4all.
    07-17-08 12:57 PM
    I have recently purchased a BB 8120 which is supposed to come supplied with BB maps. Despite BB maps being in the applications list there isnt a shortcut on the Menu sreen to activate the application.

Would anyone out there know how to create a short cut from the menu screen to launch BB maps or how to launch the app from the applications list.

Thanks in advance
    If you look in Options/Advanced Options/Applications, do you find an entry for Blackberry Maps? If you have it, select blackberry maps and press menu/view properties. You should see four modules:
    net_rim_bb_lbs
    net_rim_bb_lbs_api
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en

You probably only have 3 modules, and the module that's missing is net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon. If so, there's a solution already documented in the forum. Please confirm that that's what you're missing, and I'll keep looking for the solution. I know it's there, but I can't find it so far.
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-17-08 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo
    07-17-08 01:05 PM
    Hi JeffH you are indeed correct..... net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon is indeed missing....from your reply I take it that this is a known problem.
    cheers
    07-17-08 01:16 PM
    Yes, it's a known problem with a straight-forward solution. I'm tied up at the moment and can't look for it. You might find it by googling the site for the missing module. I know it's here somewhere.
    07-17-08 01:20 PM
    Yes, it's a known problem with a straight-forward solution. I'm tied up at the moment and can't look for it. You might find it by googling the site for the missing module. I know it's here somewhere.
    If you haven't found it yet, look at the solution on the second page of this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...-8330-a-36585/

Please let me know if it solves it for you.
    07-17-08 02:06 PM
    I had the same issue.
    The directions from that link work just fine -- simply edit the LBS.alx file and load through Application Loader.

Now I need to figure out why the unit doesn't lock on to any satellites.
    07-18-08 03:22 PM
    ...Now I need to figure out why the unit doesn't lock on to any satellites.
    Are you outdoors with a clear view of the sky? Have you selected the GPS in BBMaps Options/GPS source?

07-18-08 06:21 PM
    Are you outdoors with a clear view of the sky? Have you selected the GPS in BBMaps Options/GPS source?

Actually it took a while, but the unit eventually locked on while sitting in my office. My Tom Tom can take a few minutes to hook up, too. I was being impatient, I guess. The BB seemed to take a little longer, but no biggee.
    Impressive thing is...I just had it lock on while in my basement!
    07-19-08 11:15 AM
    Excellent. You might find that subsequent locks in the same general location may be quicker. Some GPS receivers can remember their last good solution and try that as an initial guess the next time they're started. If that answer is close, the receiver can solve the equations quicker than if they are not. I don't know if the GPS in the blackberry does that or not. My Garmin Forerunner does.

07-19-08 11:25 AM
    I do not have the BBMaps application. how can i find it?
    07-22-08 12:14 AM
    If you are an AT&T user, search the forum for any post by bmcclure. He has a link in his signature to John Clark's memory procedure. That procedure also includes the simple steps for enabling bbmaps on an AT&T phone. If you are with any other carrier, bbmaps should be included with your OS. If you've installed the device OS on your PC, then just run the Desktop Manager App Loader and check bbmaps.

07-22-08 11:23 PM
    If you look in Options/Advanced Options/Applications, do you find an entry for Blackberry Maps? If you have it, select blackberry maps and press menu/view properties. You should see four modules:
    net_rim_bb_lbs
    net_rim_bb_lbs_api
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en

You probably only have 3 modules, and the module that's missing is net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon. If so, there's a solution already documented in the forum. Please confirm that that's what you're missing, and I'll keep looking for the solution. I know it's there, but I can't find it so far.
    Fix for the missing RIBBON module:

install/download the BB Maps ribbon file from Blackberry : http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=maps_sbi
    09-06-10 09:57 PM
    Well, when I download maps on my Sprint 9650, the only module I see in my app is net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon. How can I fix that?
    Last edited by HavPlenty; 10-21-10 at 06:59 PM.
    10-21-10 06:52 PM
    This is all i did i went to google and typed in BlackBerry maps and clicked the first link. then clicked on Download, entered my e-mail address,Turned on my wifi went to my e-mail inbox clicked on the download link in the message let it install and BAM! now i have the maps icon in my menu, I too was missing net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon but this corrected it. works like a charm! hope this helps someone!
    03-24-11 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD