Hello everyone,

I've looked over the forum to see if a similar question had already been asked... Indeed it was but unanswered or the question was slightly different.

I updated the OS of my Blackberry 9700. And it didn't backup the Blackberry data (apps...) I was able to have my contacts back as well as my calendar. But the update erased all the apps. And I mean all the apps. Not the third party apps which are easy to retrieve. At the moment I do not have any games, nor Notepad or Word/Excel/Powerpoint to go. This is annoying.

Any idea on how I could get these apps back? I've searched on the app store and I found nothing...

Thanks
    08-13-10 10:54 PM
    Tell us what OS you were running and what you are running now.
    08-13-10 10:57 PM
    Hello everyone,

I've looked over the forum to see if a similar question had already been asked... Indeed it was but unanswered or the question was slightly different.

I updated the OS of my Blackberry 9700. And it didn't backup the Blackberry data (apps...) I was able to have my contacts back as well as my calendar. But the update erased all the apps. And I mean all the apps. Not the third party apps which are easy to retrieve. At the moment I do not have any games, nor Notepad or Word/Excel/Powerpoint to go. This is annoying.

Any idea on how I could get these apps back? I've searched on the app store and I found nothing...

Thanks
    We cannot help you until you provide us with the OS version number and your cellular carrier.
    08-13-10 11:02 PM
    Thanks for the reply.
    The OS I'm running is v5.0.0.714 (Platform 5.1.0.146) and my carrier is T-Mobile.

I have no idea what OS was running on the Blackberry before... I bought it in January and I never did any update since, so I certainly miss 1 or 2 updates.
    08-13-10 11:07 PM
    I just figured that Blackberry Maps also disappeared. And I can't have it back. Tried to download it, got "lbs_ribbon" and this file/the app is nowhere.

What the **** happened to my Blackberry, I don't understand why all the apps that were originally in the Blackberry disappeared.
    08-14-10 02:55 PM
    Make sure you have .714 downloaded and installed on your PC

Plug into DM, click on Application Loader and then check all your 'missing' apps from the list

Press Next... job done
    08-14-10 03:06 PM
    Make sure you have .714 downloaded and installed on your PC

Plug into DM, click on Application Loader and then check all your 'missing' apps from the list

Press Next... job done
    thank you this helped me
    09-30-10 03:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD