Is quickpul officially working on .230? I thought I read somewhere that it was so I downloaded it. Since I no longer can use my camera as a soft reset. Which sucks because I actually got use to using my camera on 191 for that. But anyway I woke up this morning and noticed the sky was brighter than usual. Looked at my phone and it is stick on a screen that says Please Wait... With a little black box around it. Pretty annoying luckily I'm sick so I justified myself for missing that class. There's always that class you try to NEVER miss, and thanks to quickpull I missed.
    09-24-09 11:08 AM
    If you had an Iphone, you wouldn't have missed the class, lmao!
    09-24-09 11:12 AM
    Yea from what I've heard it would have gone to class for him.
    09-24-09 11:17 AM
    Yea from what I've heard it would have gone to class for him.
    or blown my school up.
    09-24-09 11:18 AM
    Use leaks like .230, things happen.
    09-24-09 11:20 AM
    :::: Ducks from the shattering glass of an exploding Iphone ::::
    09-24-09 11:22 AM
    Use leaks like .230, things happen.
    True, it Is a leak. I actually find .230 pretty reliable compared to .148. So I don't mind really. No major flaws on .230 it works great! But if quickpull doesn't work on it (which is understandable considering 5.0 is not official yet) then I need to know so I don't waste my time with this app and miss class again lol.
    09-24-09 11:25 AM
    If you are using .230 OS, I don't see a need for reseting your Storm every nite... Just let it runs and you will be amazed that it will not slow down on your phone. You don't have memory OCD, do you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 11:43 AM
    You could always just use a REAL alarm clock. They sell them for like $6 at wal-mart. Amazing devices those alarm clocks.
    09-24-09 11:54 AM
    I don't understand why people still even use quickpull. The memory management since .151 has been pretty good IMO. There really should be no reason to even have to do a battery pull. I've been using .230 since it came out and I have yet to do a battery pull.

09-24-09 12:29 PM
    My Blackberry ate my homework. That's a new one.
    09-24-09 12:31 PM
    If you are using .230 OS, I don't see a need for reseting your Storm every nite... Just let it runs and you will be amazed that it will not slow down on your phone. You don't have memory OCD, do you?

Well, I'm not saying .230 needs quickpull, in fact I've been running it since it came out without quickpull. The Reason why I finally decided go download it was because there are times when I do need to do a soft Reset but can't. I find after running a phone for 2 or 3 days straight a reset is great. Believe it or not your phone can benefit from nightly resets. When I used quickpull before I always had a faster OS in the morning. Believe it or not but this phone does gradually loose speed with heavy use over extended periods of time.
    09-24-09 12:52 PM
    You could always just use a REAL alarm clock. They sell them for like $6 at wal-mart. Amazing devices those alarm clocks.
    I haven't used a regular alarm clock in years. My phones alarm clocks seem to be more reliable in the fact that when it storms and the house looses power my phones alarm won't reset.

My phones alarm has been more reliable! Except ofcourse with quickpull on .230. I try to take advantage of every function my phone offers.
    09-24-09 12:57 PM
    I don't understand why people still even use quickpull. The memory management since .151 has been pretty good IMO. There really should be no reason to even have to do a battery pull. I've been using .230 since it came out and I have yet to do a battery pull.

Let me re iterate this to you. No two storms are alike. its like a computer its adjusted by your daily needs and consumptions. While you may have a stable memory that never leaks, others don't. Regardless there shouldn't be a leak of memory at all under no condition! Lol that's tacky and defeats the purpose of an app storer.
    09-24-09 01:00 PM
    I am running .230 and even though it is better with memory than .151 was, better than .167 was... the phone still feels totally different after a pull.
    09-24-09 03:22 PM
    I am running .230 and even though it is better with memory than .151 was, better than .167 was... the phone still feels totally different after a pull.
    Exactly! Thankyou!
    09-24-09 03:30 PM
    Quickpull stopped working for me on .230 as well, but I still sort of use it when I need to do a reset. I change the settings under interactions for device settings for the QuickPull app to Prompt, and once you save the change, it tells you that you need to reset the phone for the change to take effect. When the phone reboots, you get a message that QP wants to change its settings back, which I allow, so that I can change it back to prompt when I feel the need for another reset.

This would probably work with any app, but since QP is supposed to reset the phone, I make the change to it instead.
    09-24-09 03:55 PM
    If he just left well enough alone and stayed with .151 he wouldn't either.
    09-24-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD