Hi,

I currently have a work BlackBerry and person iPhone. On weekends and nights I'd only like to carry my iPhone so I'm wondering if anyone can help me with an app suggestion.

I'm looking for an app that will text or email another number or email address when the bb receives a missed call.

I'm hoping to find an app that will notify my iPhone of a missed call so my berry can stay home.

Any suggestions or work arounds would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Michael
    02-10-12 08:51 AM
    Can't see a good example but it shouldn't be too difficult to write something. You need to look at PhoneListener as per this overview then get the caller's number from the callID and bob's your uncle.

Could be a good idea for a new app but this MUST already exist?
    02-10-12 10:41 AM
    Could you set up call forwarding on your Blackberry to forward calls to your iPhone's number?
    02-10-12 10:43 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-calls-689339/

use youmail
    Now whether or not you are allowed to use it, is a different story, if the IT policy blocks it, then youre screwed.

next time use the ol search box, its there for more than good looks.

took me 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Fubaz; 02-10-12 at 11:22 AM.
    02-10-12 11:18 AM
    Thanks Fubaz for the reply. I'm aware of youmail and it's not a solution that will work. I can't change my voice mail provider because it's a work phone and we forward voice messages to other cell phones on the Verizon systems.

I did search. Why do people always assume people don't search. Just so you know it also suggest search results before you post. It's an annoying reply.
    02-10-12 02:07 PM
    Thanks Fubaz for the reply. I'm aware of youmail and it's not a solution that will work. I can't change my voice mail provider because it's a work phone and we forward voice messages to other cell phones on the Verizon systems.

I did search. Why do people always assume people don't search. Just so you know it also suggest search results before you post. It's an annoying reply.
    then next time, please put your research in to your post.
    If you do not tell us, we do not know

you could have said
    'i looked into youmail as a possible solution when i searched the forums, but it will not work in my situation'
    02-10-12 03:57 PM
    Have a go with this App I knocked up, I called it FastForward hopefully that's not copyrighted. Should do what you're looking for, it's a bit bare bones but I can make it better when I have more time (and then sell it for money).
    02-10-12 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD