Between the BestBuy mIQ (backup) service, and the Verizon Backup Assistant service, are there any real / significant differences?

Using a Storm2 on .320.

was thinking of upgrading OS to .607 but wanted to wirelessly sync everything so I can wipe the device before upgrading and then sync it back.

thanks.
    04-13-10 07:45 AM
    From what I understand, Backup assistant only backs up your contacts. miq backs up everything (messages, contacts/w pics, pictures from sd card). and you can send sms from your computer, view your pics, etc. when logged into your account at miqlive.com.
    04-13-10 10:14 AM
    So, in that case, mIQ is a "better" backup service since it lets you sync "EVERYTHING" OTA!....
    04-13-10 10:22 AM
    Yeah pretty much. And it syncs automatically whenever you add new contacts or pictures to your device.
    04-13-10 01:00 PM
    One thing to note about mIQ is that you have to have it open for it to "catch" your text messages. I have been using mIQ and it seems to work well. It uploaded my contacts and photos with little problems. The first time syncing may take quite a while depending upon how many contacts and photos that you have on your phone. Once you get thru that first upload, future syncs seem to happen quickly.
    04-13-10 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD