Just want to let everyone know that mIQ is now available for download on BlackBerry App World! You can still download from our website but always nice to have options

If you don't know...mIQ is a free application that takes the content on your phone and automatically pushes it to a private account on the web.

From the time you download the app to your phone, what you do on the phone will instantly update on the web and what you do on the web will instantly update on your phone. It will sync your contacts, text messages, calendar events, call log, photos, and video.

It backs up your info as well as having functionality to share status and media to your social networking sites.

Would love if you would try it out and let us know what you think! We're monitoring the forums so feel free to hit us up with questions. Thanks!
    12-22-09 03:35 PM
    How 'bout syncing calendars & address books from computers to mIQ on the web?
    12-22-09 04:12 PM
    As of now we only build mobile apps, love hearing your feedback though!
    12-23-09 01:13 PM
    I may be blind but, I don't see the 9700 listed on your site when trying to create an account
    12-23-09 01:24 PM
    this is a part of Best Buy ?
    12-23-09 02:06 PM
    I only use the stock and official AT&T operating system upgrades. I loaded this program and updated it every time it told me too. It seemed like there was a new update every week.

The app will always start up when you reboot the phone and run in the background if you don't close it. That wouldn't be too bad since you can still close it once your phone reboots, but when I upgraded to the last official AT&T released os, and my phone was rebooting to finish installing the os, the MiQ app popped up while the new os was still finishing. Screwed up the os install.

When the phone finally started non of my downloaded apps were there. NON OF THEM. I tried to go to app world and get the ones back I downloaded from there. That didn't work. I did notice that some of the apps were in the download folder, but the icons for the apps where all the same the names were listed beneath them. I tried to us the download manager and restore them. That didn't work.

I had to delete the MiQ app, reinstall the new os, then go back and delete each incorrect app in the download folder (reboot the phone each time) then go find all the apps again and re-download them. Do you know how long that took?

I stopped by the Best Buy Mobile store in the mall one day and the guys there were shocked I even knew what MiQ even was. I told them what happened and the Best Buy people themselves even said they don't use it because it duplicates the contacts when you make changes on a computer and sync them up.

Guess they should stick to just selling phones.
    12-24-09 07:55 AM
    Been using and recommending this app since first word came my way. I use tge site in addition to regular backup to the computer.

So far so good. No problems to report. Many thanks for the service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 08:42 AM
    I don't know why but, I used mIQ to edit my contacts and ever contact i edited got duplicated 10+ times on my Berry. ... Thanks then after deleting them... it put them ALL back

aside from that its been working as described. I'll give it another try to get rid of these contacts if not, it's gotta go
    12-25-09 01:25 PM
    I've had nothing but good luck with miq. Started using it with my pearl, and now on my 9700. Does a better job mapping bb contact fields than google sync does. When I upgraded my device to the 9700 it was the first app I installed. Had all my contacts back on the device 10 minutes after activation with no pc required. No crash issues yet. Makes a great online device backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 05:30 PM
    If you use Google Sync for contacts, you can clean up dupes easily, regardless of how they were created. Just login at http://www.google.com/contacts and there's a button that cleans up the dupes.

I run Google Sync & mIQ on my 'berry at the same time. No problems. I note that I haven't tried an OS upgrade after installing mIQ but just to play it safe when I'm due for one, I'll delete mIQ and reinstall it after the upgrade.
    12-25-09 08:14 PM
    GARBAGE!... I've tried for a day now to keep my contacts under control. everytime i edit one in mIQ, it duplicates it then when i fix it I get two more and on and on and on. it would be a nice interface if it CONSISTENTLY work!
    12-26-09 03:49 PM
    GARBAGE!... I've tried for a day now to keep my contacts under control. everytime i edit one in mIQ, it duplicates it then when i fix it I get two more and on and on and on. it would be a nice interface if it CONSISTENTLY work!
    I'm sorry that happened! Totally sucks. Assume you've already deleted us...but if you want us to try and solve your dupe issue we'd love to help. Email us at [email protected]
    01-05-10 03:24 PM
    This app save my **** when my Storm crashed and lost everything. Luckily i had this installed and i was able to get everything back.
    01-05-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD