Say if I am under a blackberry enterprise plan (T-mobile). Does call directly to a T-mobile number count regular minutes (charge) or mobile-to-mobile minutes(free)? What if call from google voice? count as regular minutes?

Since I want to use my google number, but worry about minutes. Can anyone clarify this, please? Thanks.
    03-20-10 11:13 PM
    You should type that with a little better grammar.

If you are calling the person via google voice app, it will eat you minutes, even if they have tmobile. Technically, you are calling an 850 number that is a google forwarding number, not the tmobile customer.
    03-21-10 01:57 PM
    Google voice is NOT an Voice Over IP (VOIP) service, its just forwarding your call through a different number. Still uses minutes.
    03-21-10 04:33 PM
    Add your google voice number to your 5 faves or whatever it is with t-mobile. then call this number and dial out of GV to call whoever you want. I think this would give you free outgoing. If you give out your GV number for others to call you, have GV set up to show your GV number for inbound caller id. I think that will give you free incoming. I believe this should give you free calls all around via GV. I suspect that the GV app will direct dial outbound so this would not be a free call. Don't know any of this for sure, I'm on ATT. I'd recommend trying it for a couple short calls, then check your bill to see what happens.
    03-21-10 09:29 PM
    Add your google voice number to your 5 faves or whatever it is with t-mobile. then call this number and dial out of GV to call whoever you want. I think this would give you free outgoing. If you give out your GV number for others to call you, have GV set up to show your GV number for inbound caller id. I think that will give you free incoming. I believe this should give you free calls all around via GV. I suspect that the GV app will direct dial outbound so this would not be a free call. Don't know any of this for sure, I'm on ATT. I'd recommend trying it for a couple short calls, then check your bill to see what happens.
    Everything you said is 100% correct actually.

While the GV app does not actually direct dial the person you are calling, it does indeed dial a number other than your GV number, so what you said still applies.

That's just A LOT of work to make a free minute call. And then you can't actually see who is calling you when you recieve a call, which means good bye to ring tones as well.
    03-23-10 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD