I am trying to figure out Mini Monitor and so far it looks good. However I am confused. I read it monitors data and I see in the app it mentions IP traffic. On some sites people claim it can monitor BIS data as well.

So as a test I emailed a 600KB file to another account I have and the counters never went up at all.

However, when I use BOLT it goes up. Not so with Google Maps.

What am I missing here? Can this thing actually monitor all data in and out?
    05-29-09 04:27 PM
    I've been trying to figure out the same thing. Now, I suspect that some programs don't use WiFi even when it's on offer, but my need for minimon is to see 3G traffic, and I'm not 100% sure minimon gets that right.
    05-29-09 04:37 PM
    I just have an EDGE connection and no WiFi so I figured it would work fine. Maybe I am missing something though.
    05-29-09 04:39 PM
    Ok, I got some info on this from another forum. The author says the software does not work properly on OS 4.5+ and I have no idea if future support is planned.

I may check it out and see if I can do something about that. Perhaps lend a hand in the development department if he would allow and I have time.
    05-29-09 06:31 PM
    Take a look at Mobile Data Alerter from e-Office

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 03:13 AM
    minimoni has been known to not work with 4.5+, and it doesn't look like it ever will.
    05-30-09 08:59 AM
    @ninja,

have a look at Mobile Data Alerter. We've been working on 4.5 support this week.

Download available at mda.e-office.com
    06-13-09 03:14 AM
    @ninja,

have a look at Mobile Data Alerter. We've been working on 4.5 support this week.

Download available at mda.e-office.com
    cool, I'll try it out. isn't it next to impossible to monitor all traffic, just the packets?

wish I had something like that when I had my curve on prepaid and at&t was scrooging mb's.
    Last edited by ninja please; 06-13-09 at 05:17 AM.
    06-13-09 05:14 AM
    Take a look at Mobile Data Alerter from e-Office

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Brilliant app..does just what it says on the tin!

Robin
    06-13-09 05:22 AM
    "David" is a new blackberry application that monitors your phone usage data, minutes, and text messages and compares it with your wireless plan giving you a good approximation of what your monthly bill will look like!

Turner TeKnologies Web Site
    Such a terrible name for an app (IMHO). I'll stick with Mobile Data Alerter, does exactly what it says on the tin...
    07-27-09 05:45 PM
    Such a terrible name for an app (IMHO). I'll stick with Mobile Data Alerter, does exactly what it says on the tin...
    Who cares about the name!?

I want an app that works and Mobile Data Alerter FAILED my test with flying colors: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mon...ay-off-269536/

I may give David a try.
    07-27-09 06:46 PM
    I have been trying "David" for a day now and the data tracker is useless. Always shows 0kb (reminds me of MiniMoni). Mobile Data Alerter is the only one that actually tracks data properly for me on my 8120. I have contacted the technical support team for David to find out why data is not being tracked.
    07-29-09 08:52 AM
    it's actually a pretty cool app, I got it the other day. still need to play around with it some more though
    07-29-09 09:31 AM
    I have been trying "David" for a day now and the data tracker is useless. Always shows 0kb (reminds me of MiniMoni). Mobile Data Alerter is the only one that actually tracks data properly for me on my 8120. I have contacted the technical support team for David to find out why data is not being tracked.
    Actually it now shows that I used 1kb of data. This after almost 2mb of downloading data. Obviously it is way off. The SMS and minute trackers seem to be on track though. I wish it worked for data as this app is one I have been waiting for since I got my BB. One thing it is missing is Wifi. Not that I need to track Wifi but I wonder if it tracks Wifi as data or does not include it? Well until I get the data tracking to work, it's a moot point.
    07-29-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD