I downloaded mileage meter yesterday from the mobile app store. Every time I open it it asks to connect to local connection. I have to do this at least twice. It seems since I got this device all my apps make me ok these promps at start and they didn't do this on my old curve. Is there a permission I can set so I don't have to do this every time I open an app? Its pretty annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 10:49 PM
    I'm using it with no problems

I run a megasquirt on my car and use mileage meter to tell me if changes made to the fuel or timing map effect fuel milage.

I would love to see an ability to enter fuel. In metric and english at the same time

My gauge cluster is km/h and I live in usa so I have to enter the fill up in english then go back change settings to metric and enter mileage in km

12-09-09 04:28 PM
    Every time I attempt to open MileageMeter I get the following prompt:

"The application MileageMeter has attempted to open local content. Would you like to allow this?
    "Yes"
    "No"

Each time, I have to answer "yes"...twice, in order to open this app. The answer is not saved, so I have to answer this over and over.

I have tried everything I know to address this issue, doing everything suggested on the developer's web page (and, he does NOT address the message above.)

Unless the developer addresses this issue, I would not download this app.

"Buyer Beware!"
    02-20-11 11:38 PM
    You should be able to edit the permissions of the app...probably set Files (under User Data) to Allow.
    02-21-11 12:29 AM
    You should be able to edit the permissions of the app...probably set Files (under User Data) to Allow.
    I went into Media >> Explore >> Device Memory >> home >>
    user >> ....and then to GasCalc folder, which contain a folder or file named "data." All along the way there is no indication of any way to "allow."

(and there is a GasCalc2 present, a result of my following the developer's instruction to rename GasGalc, as a last resort to start over....and now, I have two of them, as I am unable to delete the first GasCalc folder
    02-21-11 12:55 AM
    Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Looks like you're probably running OS5 (your device is an 8310).

Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Scroll to the one you're having problems with, hit the menu key and select Edit Permissions. You should find three categories. One will be User Data. Expand that category and check to see that Files is set to Allow.
    02-21-11 09:08 AM
    Been there, done that! ...several times, and I have also reset and tried different firewall settings.

I have a Curve 8310:
    OS Version 4.5.0.182
    Platform 2.7.0.106

Thanks for trying to help....this would be a nifty little app if I could get it to work properly. I could use an .xls sheet with Documents to Go to accomplish the same thing, though that would be overkill and much to much work for the simple thing that this app was designed to do.
    02-21-11 10:34 AM
    Bummer. Sorry I couldn't help.

I remember using a similar app on the Palm platform. Eventually I gave up and did just what you suggested - made a spreadsheet in docs to go.

02-21-11 10:44 AM
    Bummer. Sorry I couldn't help.

I remember using a similar app on the Palm platform. Eventually I gave up and did just what you suggested - made a spreadsheet in docs to go.

Thanks for the effort...yes, I'll use Docs to Go.

You would think, though, that there would be many apps such as MileageMeter, as everybody here where I live has a car with high gas mileage.
    There are apps out there...way over-blown, feature bloated...that can do mileage and gas calculations, but I don't want all that complexity....just a simple app for mileage, gas, and price/gal stats.
    02-21-11 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD