Whats up guys... I'm using an 8330 & Ive been trying to get my GPS location on Live Search but its not working all of a sudden for the past few days. I live in Florida & it the tracking wont even start in the state. It pinpoints somewhere out at sea then I have to navigate the cursor over to my state. My GPS works with BB Maps just fine so I know my GPS isn't broken.Anyone else having this type of issue?
    10-01-08 11:58 PM
    You are out side right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 12:14 AM
    I have verizon. My gps for live search never works. I pay for vznavigator monthly hoping the gps feature would be enabled.. I can only get mine to work with vznavigator and google maps. Really don't use it with google maps where I live. It's always a few miled off.

10-02-08 05:18 AM
    You are out side right?

No, Im not outside but when I use BBMaps, the GPS works just fine....
    10-02-08 10:39 AM
    GPS is also working with BB 411 app too.
    10-02-08 10:49 AM
    I have problems with Live Search and GPS as well. When accessing the Maps portion of Live Search the GPS seems to get close, maybe within 1000 meters or so and occassionaly it will be dead on. The GPS tracking feature does not work at all however, it never moves form the original location. I use Sprint Navigation, BB Maps, and Google Maps also and the GPS features of these apps work flawlessly...something is definitely up with Live Search.

10-04-08 06:59 PM
    When I use BBmaps, googlemaps, and the sprint navigation, the GPS is always pretty much spot on. Whenever I use livesearch it isnt very accurate. When it tries to locate me it is always a few streets off. Not sure whats up with it.
    10-04-08 07:47 PM
    I have the same issue. This program simply doesn't locate me via GPS. Same with TellMe (also Microsoft?) ... but at least in TellMe I can refresh the GPS and it will pinpoint me. Both default to weird locations. Live Search seems to put me where I know Sprint towers to be, and it isn't always the same tower, even when I am at home. TellMe puts me in some golf course across the river until I refresh my location.

So I don't know, but I have heard of this problem elsewhere.

Every other app gets my location just fine. I keep checking for updates, but nothing so far. Too bad because it looks pretty neat.
    11-07-08 05:06 PM
    Haha, I also live oin FL, Miami Beach specifically. I'm currently in Boca and livesearch has decided I'm somewhere in the ocean next to the Bahama's. It seems microsoft does not like my 8330. Oh well...

01-26-09 11:36 AM
    Haha, I also live oin FL, Miami Beach specifically. I'm currently in Boca and livesearch has decided I'm somewhere in the ocean next to the Bahama's. It seems microsoft does not like my 8330. Oh well...

Same issue with me. Im over in the ocean too,lol. I hope their going to issue a fix.
    04-01-09 06:37 PM
    verizon gps on the curve 8330 will only work with BB maps. they lock it down for any other 3rd party app. thats why google gives you the radius and Live Search just plain does not work
    07-14-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD