Hey Guys,

I made this thread specifically for those who cannot install the Blackberry App World due to unsupported regions. My current provider is Etisalat in Dubai which still does not support Appworld so i found another way around it which is simple and straight forward.

Before you begin you will need to download the following:

1) BBSAK (latest Version)
    2Attachment 55356 (make sure you remember where you downloaded on your PC

Instructions:

1)Install the latest version of BBSAK and unpack the Appworld COD files(2 files) from the ZIP file

2)Connect the blackberry device through USB and make sure the BB Desktop Manager is closed throughout the process

3)Execute the BBSAK application and input your BB password if present otherwise skip by pressing OK

4)Once the window is open, your BB Pin should be visible otherwise it is not connected.

5) Then go to the Modify CODs tab and click on Read System

6)Next click on Install COD(S) and locate and install both the files and click OPEN

7) Sit back and wait for it to install, you will see a loading screen on the blackberry screen for a few seconds and then a dialog box on your PC will confirm the installation.

8)Then simply unplug your device and you will see the AppWorld icon on the main screen menu.

This Appworld COD app was tested on OS5.0.0.464 (ZAIN KUWAIT) which is the latest as of now, however i am unsure whether it will work on the OS 4.6 as i haven't test it out.
    Last edited by bushako; 03-04-10 at 07:40 AM.
    02-20-10 04:35 PM
    everything installed but it says "Upgrade your serive to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details." What should I do?
    02-20-10 05:08 PM
    everything installed but it says "Upgrade your serive to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details." What should I do?
    Did this happen after you started the Desktop Manager? Because it just happened to me aswell. It was working fine until i synchronized my BB with the Desktop manager. Im not entirely sure why but i am looking into this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience as i wasn't aware of this problem.
    02-20-10 05:13 PM
    Did this happen after you started the Desktop Manager? Because it just happened to me aswell. It was working fine until i synchronized my BB with the Desktop manager. Im not entirely sure why but i am looking into this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience as i wasn't aware of this problem.
    I actually didnt open BDM yet. I successfully got facebook on there but if it requires a direct download from appworld (like beweather free) - that's what i get.
    02-20-10 05:22 PM
    I actually didnt open BDM yet. I successfully got facebook on there but if it requires a direct download from appworld (like beweather free) - that's what i get.
    I found a newer version which is the 1.0.0.23 (updated above)and tried it out and so far it is working again even after synchronizing with the desktop manager. First delete the one you installed previously and try again with this one and let me know how it goes.
    02-20-10 06:11 PM
    I found a newer version which is the 1.0.0.23 (updated above)and tried it out and so far it is working again even after synchronizing with the desktop manager. First delete the one you installed previously and try again with this one and let me know how it goes.

man, i uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same problem. mhmm. you also have the alx file in there - is that supposed to be used for something?
    02-20-10 07:25 PM
    As what my understanding is app world will only work if you have an active bis or bes. In my case I don't have any. So blackberry app world never worked for me. Someone correct me if I am wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 11:24 PM
    @ ndpark

I believe the alx file present is used for installing through the BB Desktop Manager, otherwise if using BBSAK you need only 2 of the COD files.
    There must be something your not doing right because i did exactly as instructed above and it is working fine.

@ Ghazi
    Yes you need BIS plan inorder to use the app world.
    02-21-10 01:43 AM
    Works great! Thanks so much for the upload! Much appreciated!

02-21-10 07:22 AM
    i am getting the error of "upgrade your service to a plan that includes..." while i have BIS. I am in Saudi
    02-22-10 04:44 AM
    are you highlighting both the files when installing from BBSAK?
    02-22-10 05:40 AM
    yes installation was successful for both .cod files. The icon of app world is appearing. But still getting the error message
    02-22-10 05:41 AM
    I've OS 5.0.0.348 and I'm getting the error message "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server. Verify your network connections and try again". My network connections are fine, I can browse using the browser..so, what do i do?
    03-02-10 05:22 AM
    I've OS 5.0.0.348 and I'm getting the error message "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server. Verify your network connections and try again". My network connections are fine, I can browse using the browser..so, what do i do?
    Are you subscribed to BIS service?
    03-02-10 07:22 AM
    I install it

But have only Free catalog,
    Buy catalog blocked
    03-03-10 08:02 AM
    I install it

But have only Free catalog,
    Buy catalog blocked
    Yes it depends on your region. If your region does not support appstore and you install this application, you will only get access to free applications.

03-03-10 08:08 AM
    I tried installing it on my Storm 9500. While the COD files installed properly and was able to find the Appworld icon, on launching it I get a message "Error starting net_rim_bb_appworld:Module 'net _rim_bb_appworld-8 not found.

What's going wrong ?
    03-04-10 04:22 AM
    [QUOTE=shyamprasadsr;4775085]I tried installing it on my Storm 9500. While the COD files installed properly and was able to find the Appworld icon, on launching it I get a message "Error starting net_rim_bb_appworld:Module 'net _rim_bb_appworld-8 not found.

It should work on the storm. have you tried installing both the files?
    Last edited by bushako; 03-04-10 at 07:41 AM.
    03-04-10 04:28 AM
    It works for me just fine. I am in Hungary, which is an unsupported country: Many thanks for post.

Csiza
    03-12-10 01:14 PM
    It works for me just fine. I am in Hungary, which is an unsupported country: Many thanks for post.

Csiza
    Hey glad it worked.

03-12-10 01:18 PM
    I downloaded the file and it says the zip file is corrupted?
    03-23-10 04:28 AM
    Hi,
    I installed it and it's working fine.
    I'm using du - U.A.E

Many many thanks
    03-23-10 05:14 AM
    I downloaded the file and it says the zip file is corrupted?
    It works fine with me, i just tested it.
    03-23-10 05:52 AM
    bushako
    i did what u mentioned in the step by step guid i installed both the cods got a message on the comp cods installed sucessfully but i dont see the app store icon on my bb 8900 i m in qatar
    what m i doin wrong?
    03-23-10 03:03 PM
    bushako
    i did what u mentioned in the step by step guid i installed both the cods got a message on the comp cods installed sucessfully but i dont see the app store icon on my bb 8900 i m in qatar
    what m i doin wrong?
    What OS are you running? And try to do a battery pull and try again with the installation. For some reason sometimes it doesnt appear on the homescreen after installing but like i said keep trying.
    03-24-10 10:10 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD