Anyone have one or the other or both? I have the full version of meterbetrry and since I was upgraded to the 9650, it hasn't acted right. I've emailed them twice about it and I get teh same answer....we're working on it.

I got the Freeware of BatteryEx and I only get so much with it.

How do they compare?

Bob
    08-18-10 08:02 PM
    i have the same problem however, i like meterberry better
    08-18-10 08:37 PM
    What isn't acting right? I've been using Meterberry for awhile now and haven't had any real issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 08:42 PM
    im using 2.0.9 and it does not have correct memory output etc.
    08-18-10 08:47 PM
    There are two issues that I know of with Meterberry and the bold. One is that it doesn't recognize the full 512mb of memory so it mine reports 121% free memory. That one is minor to me. The other is more with OS.810 that came on my 9650 which prevents the device reset issue from working correctly.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/met...9650-a-516247/
    08-19-10 03:26 PM
    Yeah, It is time for this app to get updated. I still use it as long as RIM is shipping their devices with crappy batteries. RIM has fixed the memory issue by jumping into the 512MB scale, but still has some work to do on the battery. By then I may say goodbye Meterberry.
    08-19-10 10:39 PM
    MeterBerry has a few more features (logging, and detailed control over the icon change thresholds), but I'm not sure I really need those -- and I like the status indicator that BerryEx provides. This way I can have the indicator showing alongside number of new msgs, my BerryWeather temp indicator, my various alerts indicators, etc -- very nice. Also looking forward to trying some of the skins available for BerryEx. I just uninstalled MeterBerry and will try BerryEx for a few days to see how I like it.

Nothing wrong with MeterBerry -- it was a groundbreaker, and nicely done. Just trying something slightly different that may wind up fitting my interests more closely. Time will tell...

Edit: BTW -- just installed BerryEx, uninstalled MeterBerry, and if it's not my imagination, I seem to have about an extra 1.5MB free. I know there's a slight difference in the size of the COD's -- but I'm looking at memory free, not comparing COD's. Will be interesting to watch this over the next couple of days. Also -- loving having the indicator with battery pct at the top of my screens now!
    Last edited by vinmontRD; 08-20-10 at 12:30 AM.
    08-20-10 12:23 AM
    Meterberry works fine for me. I also have betteryex free installed for the notification bar option.
    08-20-10 06:18 PM
    I had both but once QuickLaunch started with Scheduled Reboots, I don't need Meterberry anymore. I like all the skins available for BatteryEx. I have the giant stoplight on now. You're right about gaining back a lot of memory by getting rid of MB. I also think that it was slowing my Storm down.

I also use BerryJuice to regain memory (supposedly) which kind of defeated one of MB's features. All in all I think my Stor is better of without MB.
    08-20-10 06:38 PM
    Not sure what to think now. I *believe* I start out 1.5mb to 2mb better off after a reboot running BatteryEx instead of MB. After being up and running for 22 hrs, though, my free mem is still down to about 78MB (from about 91MB at the last restart). I'd love to know where the slow leak is coming from. Starting to wonder if it's apps like FB or the new App World, or maybe Role Call Reminders Lite (that I just installed yesterday)...

With so many apps installed, it gets REALLY hard to know what's eating memory and what isn't. It would take a LONG time and a lot of experimenting to really isolate this...and there's no guarantee that's it's actually a 3rd party app -- could be just the OS itself.

Anyway -- just wanted to say here that although my impression is that BatteryEx may be somewhat lighter weight in terms of resource usage, it's impression only at this point. I really haven't observed closely enough to be confident this is right.

At the moment, though, I only want to run one battery metering program -- and BatteryEx gives me the alert indicator while MB doesn't. All other things being equal, that's more important to me right now than the features MB has that BE doesn't (logging, reboot). Another sweetener is the ability to use custom battery skins with BatteryEx -- nice feature.
    08-20-10 10:39 PM
    MeterBerry is at v2.5.0 right now which I am using.

I wonder if BatteryEx has anything better that Meter Berry can't do?
    02-25-11 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD