This version fixes the "broken" Reset Device functionality in the latest OS 5.0 versions for the Storm2, Bold 9700, Tour, etc.

It also automatically dismisses the "Restart Complete" prompt that appears after the device reboots.

You will need to set your Reset Mode to 3, a new option.

MeterBerry Features:

Customizable, Dynamic Home Screen Icons
    Keep tabs on your battery, memory, or device status right on your home screen.

Customizable Battery and Memory Notifications
    MeterBerry will notify you when your battery level or free memory drops below the thresholds you specify.
    Notification sounds, LED, and vibrate behavior are all customizable through the phone's standard Profiles application.

Logging
    MeterBerry keeps logs of how your battery level, free memory, signal strength, and device temperature change over time, allowing you to detect a failing battery, monitor how 3rd party applications or OS's affect your battery life, memory, or signal strength, find areas or times of the day where your signal strength drops, determine if your phone is overheating, and more.

Soft Reset (Battery Pull) Functionality
    Reset your device by simulating a battery pull any time you want.
    Or, schedule a reset to be performed automatically daily at a specific time.

Memory Recovery
    Initiate the Java garbage collector to free up application memory on-demand, when you receive a low memory notification, or hourly when your phone is idle.

Event Log Management
    View the system Event Log to troubleshoot application or operating system problems.
    Clear the event log hourly when your phone is idle to free up application memory.

Device Statistics
    MeterBerry calculates the average battery discharge rate, change in free memory since startup, time since the last reset, and more.

Small Footprint
    MeterBerry is only ~180 KB in size when installed. And its run-time footprint is even smaller.

Unparalled Support
    E-mail us at [email protected] with any problems, questions, comments, or suggestions. We will answer.

Check out all the details, along with FAQs at the MeterBerry website.

Purchase MeterBerry for a steal, only $3.95!

No other program even comes close to offering MeterBerry's bang for the buck.
    05-02-10 08:46 AM
    Reserved for future use.
    05-02-10 08:48 AM
    Works perfectly on Tour w/Verizon latest OS.

TY for the fix.
    05-02-10 12:11 PM
    Is this a free upgrade from 2.0.3? If so, can I use the same serial number or do I need a new one?
    05-02-10 02:00 PM
    I love that I'm able to reset my device with Meterberry now! Love the update!

ps: ragnarokx, it was a free upgrade and I didn't have to enter my serial number again.
    05-02-10 02:06 PM
    Is this a free upgrade from 2.0.3? If so, can I use the same serial number or do I need a new one?
    Yes it is a free upgrade. Same activation code.
    05-02-10 02:44 PM
    This update works on the new leaked VZW os 5.0.0.643. I had to uninstall and reinstall it to get the reset to work right, but now it's working fine. Good job, GC!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 02:45 PM
    I love this app!
    05-02-10 07:50 PM
    Why is it so difficult to add reset function while the phone is locked for those of us with BES? Meterberry remains a disappointing log-only app for me without this functionality.
    05-02-10 09:54 PM
    Doesn't work on .484

05-03-10 12:16 AM
    Doesn't work on .484

I don't think 484 has the recent changes requiring Reset Mode 3. Did you try the other reset modes?

05-03-10 06:11 AM
    Why is it so difficult to add reset function while the phone is locked for those of us with BES? Meterberry remains a disappointing log-only app for me without this functionality.
    It is not difficult; it is impossible to do so due to OS limitations. The phone cannot be automatically reset when it is locked, holstered, or anything is blocking the screen. Sorry.

05-03-10 06:13 AM
    I tried all options 1-3 and the 2nd one gave me many java exceptions and 1 didn't do anything. Additionally I had to resend service books after all that because my icons disappeared.

05-03-10 11:10 AM
    I tried all options 1-3 and the 2nd one gave me many java exceptions and 1 didn't do anything. Additionally I had to resend service books after all that because my icons disappeared.

Try an uninstall and then reinstall the app. It worked for me...
    05-03-10 11:26 AM
    Works fine on 9700/.593
    05-03-10 11:30 AM
    Worked great for me on 9000/Willyboy 4.1

Wasn't sure though if MeterBerry contributed to memory drain or just measures it. Drainage seems worse running MB than running the same apps and theme. Maybe I just don't like watching drainage. We'll see.

At least the reset bug is overcome for MB. Wish the same was true for QuickPull.

05-03-10 03:03 PM
    Worked great for me on 9000/Willyboy 4.1

At least the reset bug is overcome for MB. Wish the same was true for QuickPull.

Agreed...I wish QuickPull would work. I bought Meterberry mostly for the scheduled resets. It is a bit of overkill and I'm pretty sure it contributes to my Tour's memory drain.
    05-03-10 05:54 PM
    I installed the new version, followed the instructions, but now when I select to reset my device, I have a "reset device" box with a little clock that runs for 30 seconds, then a box pops up with a choice of reboot now, or reboot later. The problem is the box that pops up is on the screen for less than an second, and there is no time to select either option. I schedule a reset at 1am (as I did on the previous version) and when I wake up in the morning, I have that pop up box that gives me a choice of reboot now or reboot later. So the phone is not resetting. I deleted the app, pulled battery and reinstalled the app, but still does not do a reset, or schedule a reset. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    05-04-10 08:22 AM
    I installed the new version, followed the instructions, but now when I select to reset my device, I have a "reset device" box with a little clock that runs for 30 seconds, then a box pops up with a choice of reboot now, or reboot later. The problem is the box that pops up is on the screen for less than an second, and there is no time to select either option. I schedule a reset at 1am (as I did on the previous version) and when I wake up in the morning, I have that pop up box that gives me a choice of reboot now or reboot later. So the phone is not resetting. I deleted the app, pulled battery and reinstalled the app, but still does not do a reset, or schedule a reset. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    select Options>Reset Mode>3

that should bypass that popup. for a couple of days i had the similar thing happen to me and then when I changed to 3, it fires off at the time i set.
    05-04-10 09:28 AM
    I changed to the 3 after I downloaded the upgrade, and again after I deleted and reinstalled. Still get the popup and no schedule reset.
    05-04-10 09:44 AM
    I deleted all the reset stubs and updated to the current version. I changed the reset mode to 3. I am now getting the error message when trying to reset. ???
    05-04-10 12:40 PM
    If you didn't upgrade your OS, then you probably don't need Mode 3. I updated Meterberry before I upgraded my OS and it was working fine in Mode 1. After I upgraded my OS, I switched to Mode 3 and now that's working just fine, too.
    05-04-10 01:02 PM
    I downloaded the v 2.09 but I am now unable to access the application. I keep getting the message "uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointer Exception"

I have uninstalled the app, re-booted, and installed again (twice) but I keep getting the same error. This is on a Bold 9700.

Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

Fourth Time was a charm. Got it to work.
    Last edited by rdlaub; 05-04-10 at 05:01 PM.
    05-04-10 01:11 PM
    Still getting error 1 message in all (3) reset modes.? Any suggustions?
    05-06-10 11:09 PM
    Still get it also.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-07-10 10:24 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD