05-13-10 05:44 PM
38 12
tools
    Have a problem I haven't seen anyone speak of yet. I get "error code 5" when the device tries to reset.

Permissions are set, battery pull done, no old version. Using a Storm2 OS 5.0.0.607

Try this from the MB FAQ's...

MeterBerry™ for BlackBerry® Smartphones

Q: When trying to perform a soft-reset, I see a message that MeterBerry is attempting to reset the Security Timer. It asks me to Allow or Deny.

A: MeterBerry does not need to reset the security timer to perform a soft-reset, but the OS thinks it does. If you see this message, you most likely have the Security Timer Reset permission set to Prompt. To change this:

1. In OS 4.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. In OS 5.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Applications.
    2. Highlight (don't click) MeterBerry.
    3. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Permissions".
    4. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    5. Set the "Security Timer Reset" permission to "Deny".
    6. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    7. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Q: I get an "Error Code: 5" message when trying to perform a soft-reset?

A: This is usually caused by the Security Timer Reset permission being set to Prompt, which interferes with the reset timing. Follow the instructions above to set it to Deny.

Hope this helps.
    05-02-10 11:13 AM
    Try this from the MB FAQ's...

MeterBerry™ for BlackBerry® Smartphones

Q: When trying to perform a soft-reset, I see a message that MeterBerry is attempting to reset the Security Timer. It asks me to Allow or Deny.

A: MeterBerry does not need to reset the security timer to perform a soft-reset, but the OS thinks it does. If you see this message, you most likely have the Security Timer Reset permission set to Prompt. To change this:

1. In OS 4.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. In OS 5.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Applications.
    2. Highlight (don't click) MeterBerry.
    3. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Permissions".
    4. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    5. Set the "Security Timer Reset" permission to "Deny".
    6. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    7. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Q: I get an "Error Code: 5" message when trying to perform a soft-reset?

A: This is usually caused by the Security Timer Reset permission being set to Prompt, which interferes with the reset timing. Follow the instructions above to set it to Deny.

Hope this helps.
    On OS 5.0.0.607 the Security Timer Reset defaults to DENY and can't be changed at all.....
    05-02-10 12:00 PM
    On OS 5.0.0.607 the Security Timer Reset defaults to DENY and can't be changed at all.....
    Wow. Not too familiar with .607, but that was the only fix that I know of for that exact error code. Sorry, I was hoping that would get you up and running. I'm sure the developer will chime in here, or you could even send him a direct email at help@meterberry.com

Wish I could do more on that one...
    05-02-10 12:11 PM
    Yeah on my S2 it works fine with the scheduled reset but the prompt saying it restarted still comes up but thats not a big deal to me. Good update.
    05-02-10 12:11 PM
    got .09 running on my 9700 and 8900 (finally resets both) on 5.0 just Set the "Security Timer Reset" permission to "Deny"
    as stated above
    05-02-10 12:23 PM
    i have a trouble. At startup i see error - "Uncaught exception: object already exists". Then i click on MeterBerry icon, and look at error "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

9520 with .580 official firmware

1.5.8 works fine
    05-02-10 03:54 PM
    i resolve the problem. Metterberry 2.0.9 conflict with FancyChar!!!!
    05-03-10 01:33 AM
    Wow. Glad you have it working!
    This is actually a bit wierd for me to hear. Obviously we have different devices, but I have beta tested every version of MB from v2.0.3 to v2.0.9, as well as tested every version of Sergey's FancyChars since v1. I have never had an instance where these two applications conflict. FC has no command code to auto start, and must be called upon manually, so it would not interfere with MB's restart function or general start-up. Are you running the lastest version of FC (v3.3)?

If you have not done so yet, you can get it at fancychar OTA Download
    05-03-10 07:05 AM
    As Brad's post above mentions, and as I explained in the upgrade email, if the previous version of MeterBerry was working for you, you can:

1. Not upgrade.
    2. Upgrade and use the same Reset Mode as you were using previously.

Reset Mode 3 is ONLY for people who were having trouble with the previous version. The other reset modes provide the same functionality as in the previous version of MeterBerry.
    It seemed that a few battery pulls weren't working so I uninstalled and reinstalled and it is now working fine. I wanted to upgrade due to the fact that I am a hybrid heur and never know wether I will be running .517 to .607.....
    05-03-10 08:17 AM
    Hello GC,

Have a problem I haven't seen anyone speak of yet. I get "error code 5" when the device tries to reset.

Permissions are set, battery pull done, no old version. Using a Storm2 OS 5.0.0.607

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i have the same trouble
    05-04-10 03:39 PM
    I just installed this on my 9700, great app, thanks!

One thing I do notice though, is I like to use the temperature icons as my main display. With the 20C and 30C settings, it's *always* in orange or red...should I leave it like this? Can anyone recommend better settings? For instance, right now it's charging and at 32C. Even when not in use it idles at around 15C or so.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    05-13-10 05:32 PM
    Your temperature will climb when the unit is charging. The charging process activates the juices in the battery, so to speak, and causes in increase in temperature. 32C is nothing to worry about (and that's 89F for my fellow US friends). Typically, I've seen my temperature climb to 33.3C (92F) while charging and, if I'm outdoors here in the SouthWest, I've seen my S2 temperature climb to as high as 117F (47.2C)! By the way, just a side note, but I've noticed a distinct difference in temperature when I charge from my USB port on my computer. The short USB cord requires that I lay my phone on the corner of my laptop which is already pretty warm, so putting the phone on top of a warm surface will increase your temp even more. Again though, the temp you're reporting is nothing to worry about.

I just installed this on my 9700, great app, thanks!

One thing I do notice though, is I like to use the temperature icons as my main display. With the 20C and 30C settings, it's *always* in orange or red...should I leave it like this? Can anyone recommend better settings? For instance, right now it's charging and at 32C. Even when not in use it idles at around 15C or so.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 05-13-10 at 05:42 PM.
    05-13-10 05:39 PM
    Your temperature will climb when the unit is charging. The charging process activates the juices in the battery, so to speak, and causes in increase in temperature. 32C is nothing to worry about (and that's 89F for my fellow US friends). Typically, I've seen my temperature climb to 33.3C (92F) while charging and, if I'm outdoors here in the SouthWest, I've seen my S2 temperature climb to as high as 117F (47.2C)!
    I realize it will climb when it's charging. 47C, that's pretty crazy! I know you can change the tolerances though, and I wonder what "good" settings would be. It sounds like maybe 45C might be good for the "red" alarm? Maybe 50C?

I know electronics are typically okay below 60-80C, but I'm not familiar with battery temps. Right now I'm thinking 35C for the "orange" icon, and 45C for the "red" icon...thanks for the input!
    05-13-10 05:44 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD