05-13-10 05:44 PM
38 12
tools
    This version fixes the "broken" Reset Device functionality in the latest OS 5.0 versions for the Storm2, Bold 9700, Tour, etc.

It also automatically dismisses the "Restart Complete" prompt that appears after the device reboots.

You will need to set your Reset Mode to 3, a new option.

MeterBerry Features:

Customizable, Dynamic Home Screen Icons
    Keep tabs on your battery, memory, or device status right on your home screen.

Customizable Battery and Memory Notifications
    MeterBerry will notify you when your battery level or free memory drops below the thresholds you specify.
    Notification sounds, LED, and vibrate behavior are all customizable through the phone's standard Profiles application.

Logging
    MeterBerry keeps logs of how your battery level, free memory, signal strength, and device temperature change over time, allowing you to detect a failing battery, monitor how 3rd party applications or OS's affect your battery life, memory, or signal strength, find areas or times of the day where your signal strength drops, determine if your phone is overheating, and more.

Soft Reset (Battery Pull) Functionality
    Reset your device by simulating a battery pull any time you want.
    Or, schedule a reset to be performed automatically daily at a specific time.

Memory Recovery
    Initiate the Java garbage collector to free up application memory on-demand, when you receive a low memory notification, or hourly when your phone is idle.

Event Log Management
    View the system Event Log to troubleshoot application or operating system problems.
    Clear the event log hourly when your phone is idle to free up application memory.

Device Statistics
    MeterBerry calculates the average battery discharge rate, change in free memory since startup, time since the last reset, and more.

Small Footprint
    MeterBerry is only ~180 KB in size when installed. And its run-time footprint is even smaller.

Unparalled Support
    E-mail us at help@meterberry.com with any problems, questions, comments, or suggestions. We will answer.

Check out all the details, along with FAQs at the MeterBerry website.

Purchase MeterBerry for a steal, only $3.95!

No other program even comes close to offering MeterBerry's bang for the buck.
    05-02-10 08:45 AM
    Reserved for future use.
    05-02-10 08:47 AM
    I like what you are doing with this app. One of the best ones out. Keep up the good work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 08:53 AM
    I love this app, one of the best out there.
    05-02-10 09:04 AM
    Thanks again GC...

Question... It it supposed to dismiss the "Restart Complete" prompt that appears after the device reboots" when you select a manual restart or only when you schedule one?
    Last edited by Robert Calhoun; 05-02-10 at 09:23 AM.
    05-02-10 09:12 AM
    Thanks. Just got the email update.
    05-02-10 09:13 AM
    GC, love the app. Have had it ever since it came out. Any plans for Backup/Restore?

05-02-10 09:23 AM
    GC, love the app. Have had it ever since it came out. Any plans for Backup/Restore?

Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by Backup/Restore?
    05-02-10 09:24 AM
    Thanks again GC...

Question... It it supposed to dismiss the "Restart Complete" prompt that appears after the device reboots" when you select a manual restart or only when you schedule one?
    It should work for both, but only if nothing else also appears on your screen (popup windows, etc.) when your device first starts up.
    05-02-10 09:26 AM
    I have no applications that pop up any window on startup but is didn't dismiss it on the first reboot... I'm going to try a scheduled and let you know... That's where it would be the most useful.
    05-02-10 09:27 AM
    GC, backup/restore settings set for MB. It would make setting up MB anytime we update/downgrade between OS's.

05-02-10 09:30 AM
    I have no applications that pop up any window on startup but is didn't dismiss it on the first reboot... I'm going to try a scheduled and let you know... That's where it would be the most useful.
    Good to know, thanks. There are thousands of possible combinations related to timing, other applications running, etc. with regards to when that prompt appears and dismissing it. We have no way of telling that prompt is there, so the best we can do is blindly attempt to "click" OK programmatically. So, it's possible dismissing this prompt won't work on everyone's device.

You may want to try uninstalling, battery pull, and reinstalling if you didn't do that prior to installing this version.

By the way, if it works, you won't see that prompt get dismissed for about 5 seconds after you see it. So, you may want to give it a chance if you weren't doing so.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 05-02-10 at 09:34 AM.
    05-02-10 09:30 AM
    Easier. Sorry. HaHa!

05-02-10 09:31 AM
    GC, backup/restore settings set for MB. It would make setting up MB anytime we update/downgrade between OS's.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    05-02-10 09:33 AM
    I don't know what I am doing wrong GC. I updated to the newest one. I am running the OS in my signature and the last one worked just fine. I have tried to switch from option 1 to 3 and set up scheduled resets and it isn't working for me. Is there something I am doing wrong here?

It is either freezing and just saying resetting device or it acts like it is going to reset and then it says something about it not being able to.

Last edited by BIG CAT 7; 05-02-10 at 09:51 AM.
    05-02-10 09:49 AM
    Good to know, thanks. There are thousands of possible combinations related to timing, other applications running, etc. with regards to when that prompt appears and dismissing it. We have no way of telling that prompt is there, so the best we can do is blindly attempt to "click" OK programmatically. So, it's possible dismissing this prompt won't work on everyone's device.

You may want to try uninstalling, battery pull, and reinstalling if you didn't do that prior to installing this version.

By the way, if it works, you won't see that prompt get dismissed for about 5 seconds after you see it. So, you may want to give it a chance if you weren't doing so.
    Still no dice with the scheduled... I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling... I waited about 10-15 seconds or longer by the way... Still a good update but as we have discussed, the reset prompt covers my clock and we can't have that as we are deciding how long to "snooze" in the mornings...
    05-02-10 09:51 AM
    Nice update. I still get a Restart Complete message when it is done resetting. I have to press OK to make it go away. Not a big deal on that. I will see what the auto reset does tomorrow morning.
    05-02-10 09:57 AM
    It should work for both, but only if nothing else also appears on your screen (popup windows, etc.) when your device first starts up.
    I can confirm this... If there are any other pop-ups or applications that may be in focus at the time, it prevents the restart prompt from being dismissed upon start up. I don't think MB can control this. Only the end user can control what they have working on their device at start up. I have experienced this with Google sync trying to work at start up, or other emails that may come through using BerryPopUp.

When I stop the automatic Google sync, it works flawlessly. I don't need it to auto sync anyway all day long. A manual sync at the end of the day work for me. As far as BerryPop up, when I get emails at start up, I am most likely looking at my device anyway to see the emails, so to manually press the button is no problem, as it does not happen much.
    05-02-10 10:02 AM
    thanks CG! best couple bucks i have every spent on the device
    05-02-10 10:02 AM

+1. Totally agree! This would help much...
    05-02-10 10:05 AM
    I am running the OS in my signature and the last one worked just fine. I have tried to switch from option 1 to 3 and set up scheduled resets and it isn't working for me.
    Hey BIG CAT 7. If the last version was working for you, Maybe you could try using the reset mode you previously used. The new reset mode #3 is for those in which it was NOT working properly previously.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hope this helps.
    05-02-10 10:09 AM
    Just updated and its working great on my end.

05-02-10 10:30 AM
    I don't know what I am doing wrong GC. I updated to the newest one. I am running the OS in my signature and the last one worked just fine. I have tried to switch from option 1 to 3 and set up scheduled resets and it isn't working for me. Is there something I am doing wrong here?

It is either freezing and just saying resetting device or it acts like it is going to reset and then it says something about it not being able to.

As Brad's post above mentions, and as I explained in the upgrade email, if the previous version of MeterBerry was working for you, you can:

1. Not upgrade.
    2. Upgrade and use the same Reset Mode as you were using previously.

Reset Mode 3 is ONLY for people who were having trouble with the previous version. The other reset modes provide the same functionality as in the previous version of MeterBerry.
    05-02-10 10:40 AM
    Thanks for the quick update. I only wish other developers updated apps so quickly.
    05-02-10 11:03 AM
    Hello GC,

Have a problem I haven't seen anyone speak of yet. I get "error code 5" when the device tries to reset.

Permissions are set, battery pull done, no old version. Using a Storm2 OS 5.0.0.607

05-02-10 11:08 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD