I have a question, whenever I use meterberry to reset the device when it comes up again it asks me if I want to let the phone auto connect to any available network (CDMA or GSM) since I have a sim card in. Is there any way to disable this prompt?
    04-11-09 12:21 PM
    I have a question, whenever I use meterberry to reset the device when it comes up again it asks me if I want to let the phone auto connect to any available network (CDMA or GSM) since I have a sim card in. Is there any way to disable this prompt?
    Answer the question YES and then go to Options. Mobile Network and set the "Network Technology" to 1XEV instead of Global... I get this everytime I upgrade my OS...

Hope this helps...
    04-11-09 01:04 PM
    Thanks. That worked. Appreciate the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 02:05 PM
    just wanted to say this is a great app, esp. with the new update.

+1 for avg discharge rate for app memory
    04-11-09 04:33 PM
    device uptime does not report the correct time. Mine is reporting over 2days even after immediately after reboot.

overall a excellent app
    04-11-09 08:05 PM
    device uptime does not report the correct time. Mine is reporting over 2days even after immediately after reboot.

overall a excellent app
    As is mentioned in the MeterBerry FAQ, the uptime is only reset with a hard reset, i.e. a real battery pull. A soft-reset, with MeterBerry or any other application, does not reset the uptime.

Hope that answers your question.
    04-11-09 08:14 PM
    Awesome faq page. Thanks cashew.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 07:24 PM
    Cashew,

I absolutely LOVE this application!!! It is already very full featured but I had an idea... It may have already been thought of or requested, but I have read most of the threads about it and your FAQ, and haven't seen it addressed...

Is it possible to log application use like you do the Memory or Battery... Doesn't have to be anything really fancy... And it should be a log of it's own... Something like this...

Tue 6:56 PM Browser (30 Minutes)
    Tue 6:56 PM Slacker (45 Minutes)
    etc...

or even a log of what has been running when the Memory and Battery logs update... Like this...

Tue 6:56 PM Slacker, AP Mobile News, WS Journal, Yahtzee, Word Mole
    Tue 6:26 PM Slacker, Space Travel, Connect 4

Here is the reason I ask...

I loose 5.2 (Give or take) within the first 30 minutes or so of startup...
    For several hours I see +.2 or -.5 etc with my memory loosing very little ground. All of a sudden, several hours after startup, I see in the log -5.2 or -6.3 and with my memory (Brain that is) I have no clue what application(s) I have run in that time frame... Once it drops like that is also doesn't usually recover without a restart. It would be so cool to be able to look at the log and see what I did in that time frame and compare it to previous days, time frames, etc, when memory dipped like this... It might also help identify apps that don't properly remove references to memory objects they no longer need.

Just a thought...
    Last edited by Robert Calhoun; 04-14-09 at 06:47 PM.
    04-14-09 06:32 PM
    Cashew,

I absolutely LOVE this application!!! It is already very full featured but I had an idea... It may have already been thought of or requested, but I have read most of the threads about it and your FAQ, and haven't seen it addressed...

Is it possible to log application use like you do the Memory or Battery... Doesn't have to be anything really fancy... And it should be a log of it's own... Something like this...

Tue 6:56 PM Browser (30 Minutes)
    Tue 6:56 PM Slacker (45 Minutes)
    etc...

or even a log of what has been running when the Memory and Battery logs update... Like this...

Tue 6:56 PM Slacker, AP Mobile News, WS Journal, Yahtzee, Word Mole
    Tue 6:26 PM Slacker, Space Travel, Connect 4

Here is the reason I ask...

I loose 5.2 (Give or take) within the first 30 minutes or so of startup...
    For several hours I see +.2 or -.5 etc with my memory loosing very little ground. All of a sudden, several hours after startup, I see in the log -5.2 or -6.3 and with my memory (Brain that is) I have no clue what application(s) I have run in that time frame... Once it drops like that is also doesn't usually recover without a restart. It would be so cool to be able to look at the log and see what I did in that time frame and compare it to previous days, time frames, etc, when memory dipped like this... It might also help identify apps that don't properly remove references to memory objects they no longer need.

Just a thought...
    Thanks for the suggestion. I received a similar suggestion through e-mail. I am looking into how this could be implemented.
    04-15-09 01:13 PM
    Wonder if the threshold for changing color could be user definable. By this I mean for app memory, user defines green to 28mgb, yellow to 15mgb, etc. I normally run at 28mgb's and just hate seeing that yellow, LOL.
    04-15-09 02:27 PM
    Wonder if the threshold for changing color could be user definable. By this I mean for app memory, user defines green to 28mgb, yellow to 15mgb, etc. I normally run at 28mgb's and just hate seeing that yellow, LOL.
    Several other people have also suggested/requested this. It definitely is on my to-do list for the future.
    04-15-09 02:30 PM
    And by the way, I added the current thresholds for the battery and memory icons to the MeterBerry FAQ.
    04-15-09 09:47 PM
    I have a question on this app. I have MeterBerry set to reboot my phone each morning. A message is displayed on my phone "A reset request has already been initiated by MeterBerry or another application. You may have previously chosen not to reboot when prompted to. You will be prompted again soon to reset your device".

I then need to press OK. Why is this being displayed, what do I need to do to eliminate this from popping up each morning?
    04-17-09 07:01 AM
    I have a question on this app. I have MeterBerry set to reboot my phone each morning. A message is displayed on my phone "A reset request has already been initiated by MeterBerry or another application. You may have previously chosen not to reboot when prompted to. You will be prompted again soon to reset your device".

I then need to press OK. Why is this being displayed, what do I need to do to eliminate this from popping up each morning?
    Pull the battery.

You most likely hit "no" or "later" when asked if you wanted to reboot when you uninstalled an application, installed a newer version of an application that was in use, etc.

A update to MeterBerry will be released soon where you will only see this message if you choose "REBOOT LATER" when prompted to reboot with another soft-reset application. Otherwise you won't see it and MeterBerry will reboot your phone.
    04-17-09 08:19 AM
    I bought your app sometime ago and I love it. I have the homescreen icon set to rotate every 10 seconds and it's been great. However, a couple of times (like right now) I've noticed that it freezes. It doesn't rotate or update. Have you heard of this before and if so what do you suggest?
    Thanks for all your efforts!

Pull the battery.

You most likely hit "no" or "later" when asked if you wanted to reboot when you uninstalled an application, installed a newer version of an application that was in use, etc.

A update to MeterBerry will be released soon where you will only see this message if you choose "REBOOT LATER" when prompted to reboot with another soft-reset application. Otherwise you won't see it and MeterBerry will reboot your phone.
    04-17-09 08:49 AM
    I bought your app sometime ago and I love it. I have the homescreen icon set to rotate every 10 seconds and it's been great. However, a couple of times (like right now) I've noticed that it freezes. It doesn't rotate or update. Have you heard of this before and if so what do you suggest?
    Thanks for all your efforts!
    When you say it "freezes", does the icon text show "MeterBerry" instead of, for example, the battery or memory level?

This is an OS limitation. Some actions you perform with the phone, such as changing a theme or performing a soft-reset, cause the OS to stop background processes.

Most of the time MeterBerry will recover. Occasionally it won't and you will need to restart the device.

You can observe the same behavior with any application that has a background process. As an example, take a look at WeatherBug or WeatherEye, both of which have home screen icons that update with weather information. If you, for example, do a soft-reset with QuickPull (the older version, which prompted you if you wanted to reboot now or later) and choose "REBOOT LATER", you will notice that the icon text simply says "WeatherBug" or "WeatherEye", instead of the weather information that it should.

I am still looking into if there's any way around it. But for now, hopefully my explanation will put your mind at rest.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 04-17-09 at 09:09 AM.
    04-17-09 09:00 AM
    thanks for quick reply. the icon is frozen on change in free app memory, not meterberry, which I have seen before. I have meterberry scheduled to do reset every morning @ 7:30. I don't believe it was frozen immediately after the reset, but I'm not sure. I'll have to pay attention next time. It's still frozen right now and I'll probably do another reset. I've been trying to wait as I'm trying to get a read on my battery. thanks again

When you say it "freezes", does the icon text show "MeterBerry" instead of, for example, the battery or memory level?

This is an OS limitation. Some actions you perform with the phone, such as changing a theme or performing a soft-reset, cause the OS to stop background processes.

Most of the time MeterBerry will recover. Occasionally it won't and you will need to restart the device.

You can observe the same behavior with any application that has a background process. As an example, take a look at WeatherBug or WeatherEye, both of which have home screen icons that update with weather information. If you, for example, do a soft-reset with QuickPull (the older version, which prompted you if you wanted to reboot now or later) and choose "REBOOT LATER", you will notice that the icon text simply says "WeatherBug" or "WeatherEye", instead of the weather information that it should.

I am still looking into if there's any way around it. But for now, hopefully my explanation will put your mind at rest.
    04-17-09 09:21 AM
    thanks for quick reply. the icon is frozen on change in free app memory, not meterberry, which I have seen before. I have meterberry scheduled to do reset every morning @ 7:30. I don't believe it was frozen immediately after the reset, but I'm not sure. I'll have to pay attention next time. It's still frozen right now and I'll probably do another reset. I've been trying to wait as I'm trying to get a read on my battery. thanks again
    I would guess it's still the same problem. Most of the time it will say "MeterBerry", but I have seen it occasionally where it won't.

Could you try changing something in the icon options? For example, turn off the rotate and select some icon, such as uptime. Then if that works, re-enable the rotate and see if it "wakes up".
    04-17-09 09:45 AM
    sorry, I couldn't take it anymore and did a reset. I have the patience of my 9 year old daughter. Of course everything is perfect again. I just hate that a reset knocks about 10% off my battery every time one is done. I'll try your advice when it happens to me again.
    Thanks again for your efforts, it's a great program!

I would guess it's still the same problem. Most of the time it will say "MeterBerry", but I have seen it occasionally where it won't.

Could you try changing something in the icon options? For example, turn off the rotate and select some icon, such as uptime. Then if that works, re-enable the rotate and see if it "wakes up".
    04-17-09 09:50 AM
    come out for 83xx
    04-17-09 09:58 AM
    Hi, just got this app and have 1 question about it...

When I shcedule it to do a reset every day at a specific time, is it possible to set it so that it doesnt ask for your pin on reboot? I'd just like it to come back on without me physically having to type it in as I have the time of 'soft reset' scheduled for when im asleep.

I know I could turn pin security off but like having it on for peace of mind.

Thanks
    04-17-09 10:57 AM
    I was really looking forward to this app, but I have now installed it twice and had it created different glitches each time, current glitch is: the keyboard is up and there is no option to hide the keyboard, the app does not fit the screen as it actually did the first install and there is a keyboard covering half the screen. First glitch: completely messed up my home screen, I had about 1/4 of the screen all black with no wallpaper showing and even when there werent any messages at all in my message folder the alert icon was still there. I deleted MeterBerry and everything went back to normal.

I am running .75 and have had no problems with my Storm, no glitches to date until I installed this app.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I went to options>advanced options>applications> highlighted Meterberry and "disabled compatibility mode" and the keyboard went away and the app fits the screen again. We will see if anything else comes up...
    Last edited by califjewls; 04-17-09 at 12:18 PM.
    04-17-09 12:05 PM
    I was really looking forward to this app, but I have now installed it twice and had it created different glitches each time, current glitch is: the keyboard is up and there is no option to hide the keyboard, the app does not fit the screen as it actually did the first install and there is a keyboard covering half the screen. First glitch: completely messed up my home screen, I had about 1/4 of the screen all black with no wallpaper showing and even when there werent any messages at all in my message folder the alert icon was still there. I deleted MeterBerry and everything went back to normal.

I am running .75 and have had no problems with my Storm, no glitches to date until I installed this app.

Any suggestions?
    Sounds like for some reason your phone turned compatibility mode on for MeterBerry.

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications. Highlight MeterBerry (don't click). Press the BlackBerry key and select "Disable Compatibility Mode".

This applies to any application.
    04-17-09 12:09 PM
    Hi, just got this app and have 1 question about it...

When I shcedule it to do a reset every day at a specific time, is it possible to set it so that it doesnt ask for your pin on reboot? I'd just like it to come back on without me physically having to type it in as I have the time of 'soft reset' scheduled for when im asleep.

I know I could turn pin security off but like having it on for peace of mind.

Thanks
    I don't think so. You will get that prompt every time you reboot your phone if you have PIN security turned on, there's no way around it.
    04-17-09 12:15 PM
    Giant. Im really on the fence about your app. Im still not convinced. I have read review after review and have read some good and some reviews not so good. So basically convince me that this app is all what you say it is.

I really wish their was a trial for it. I know its only $3bucks.

Ive looked and read every page trying to determine if this is a good buy or not.
    04-17-09 12:21 PM
120 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD