Can someone give me the link to CB app please. Need to download Meterberry ASAP....Nevermind I was having the 3am brain fart....
    Last edited by Gothic_Angel; 04-09-09 at 05:01 AM.
    04-09-09 04:58 AM
    Bought Meterberry just now. The scheduled reset pushed it over the top for me. Thanks for a great app.
    04-09-09 05:46 AM
    Great update to Meterberry! I just have some questions, I have my soft reset scheduled for early in the A.M., while I am sleeping, do I have to select Reboot Now when MeterBerry gets to the 1 of 5 warning screen during the reboot process or will the phone just reboot if there is no user input after a specific amount of time? If I do have to select Reboot Now for the reboot to continue, is there a way to over ride that specific part in maybe a new update?
    You do not have to press the REBOOT NOW button during a scheduled or on-demand reset. MeterBerry will do it for you.
    04-09-09 06:04 AM
    Bye bye Quick Pull for me too!

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 06:36 AM
    Great update to a really great app!

Soon as i got the email, I updated and deleted quickpull.

Love your app man!
    04-09-09 07:37 AM
    *awesome* Big Nut :}
    04-09-09 07:56 AM
    Awesome update. Just deleted QuickPull!
    04-09-09 08:07 AM
    You do not have to press the REBOOT NOW button during a scheduled or on-demand reset. MeterBerry will do it for you.
    Thanks for the reply! Great Product and Support!:
    04-09-09 08:15 AM
    Bye bye Quick Pull for me too!

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just purchased! Quickpull was good, but this looks awesome!
    04-09-09 08:17 AM
    Won't perform scheduled reset while my storm is in bedside mode...kinda defeats the purpose of a schedules reset at 5AM. It just sits there waiting for "reboot now" button to be pushed.
    04-09-09 08:39 AM
    Won't perform scheduled reset while my storm is in bedside mode...kinda defeats the purpose of a schedules reset at 5AM. It just sits there waiting for "reboot now" button to be pushed.
    Same...and it wouldnt let me do a reset manually b/c one had already been scheduled that wasn't followed through. I had to pull the battery..
    04-09-09 08:42 AM
    Same...and it wouldnt let me do a reset manually b/c one had already been scheduled that wasn't followed through. I had to pull the battery..
    I had the same problem last night! I just deleted the application and redownloaded it!
    I think it had something to do with updating MeterBerry without deleting the previous version!
    After reinstalling MeterBerry's update I scheduled a reset and everything works!
    04-09-09 09:26 AM
    Nice..just decided to buy this in CB App Store. Thanks for the reasonable price.
    04-09-09 09:27 AM
    I don't have a charger with me currently to test this, but if I schedule a reset, and then open the clock and explicitly enter bedside mode, the scheduled reset works. Even if the backlight times out and is off.

I will test with a charger later today.

Also, once a reset is initiated and you see the REBOOT NOW / LATER prompt, if you press REBOOT LATER, it is not possible to programmtically display that same dialog again. The OS will pop it up periodically. That is why MeterBerry displays the error message that another reset has already been initiated.

I would also recommend re-downloading v1.3.9 from Mobihand. I believe there was an issue with the upload to their servers when I first released it last night. I fixed it a few hours later, but if you downloaded it right when I announced the update, I would recommend re-downloading it.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 04-09-09 at 12:36 PM.
    04-09-09 09:30 AM
    I would also recommend re-downloading v1.3.9 from Mobihand. I believe there was an issue with the upload to their servers when I first released it last night. I fixed it a few hours later, but if you downloaded it right when I announced the update, I would recommend re-downloading it.

That was probably causing the issue I was having! Everything is GREAT now!
    04-09-09 09:41 AM
    An observation from my testing:

Scheduled reset will not occur if the phone is OFF at the time for the reset. This is not the case with QuickPull.

Is this by design?
    Last edited by BerryNick; 04-09-09 at 03:02 PM.
    04-09-09 10:48 AM
    Workaround for this issue:

Setup Auto on/off to wakeup phone 1 min prior to scheduled reset. Set OFF time for 5 min after reset.

This will wakeup the phone, perform the reset, then turn off the phone again.
    04-09-09 11:02 AM
    Very nice. Thanks
    04-09-09 11:04 AM
    Me too... I've been thinking about buying for days now and this was just too good! Bye bye QuickPull!!!

I do have 2 "minor" things I would like to see in future updates if you take suggestions

1. I would like a Memory Discharge Rate like the battery one if it's possible.

and

2. Could you move the (25%) to the left of the numbers instead of the right. That way the numbers would line up.

*Please Note - #2 is my CDO kicking in... (It's a little like OCD but the letters are in Alphabetical order LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!)
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by moving 25% to the left of the numbers instead of the right? I'm not sure what you're referring to.
    04-09-09 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by moving 25% to the left of the numbers instead of the right? I'm not sure what you're referring to.
    See my screenshot (please excuse the UGLY freehand arrows)... This way the 879.3MB and the 873.5MB would line up under each other...

*I told you it was CDO...
    04-09-09 12:51 PM
    See my screenshot (please excuse the UGLY freehand arrows)... This way the 879.3MB and the 873.5MB would line up under each other...

*I told you it was CDO...
    Got it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    04-09-09 12:52 PM
    An observation from my testing:

Scheduled reset will not occur if the phone is OFF at the time for the reset. This is not the case with BatteryPull.

Is this by design?
    For the record, when you turn your phone "off" with the red power key, it's not really off, it's just in a deep sleep mode.

It is possible to wake the phone up from being off by scheduling an application to run at a specific time. This is how some other soft-reset applications work. They have to do this because they don't run silently in the background like MeterBerry does.

I chose not to implement this wake from off feature. If your phone is woken up from being off to perform a soft-reset, once the reboot completes, your phone will be on.

I would speculate that the main reason most people turn their phones off is to conserve battery life. I've seen a soft-reset drain up to 5% of the phone's battery. Others have reported even more. I figured that waking the phone up to perform a soft-reset defeates the purpose of turning the phone off to begin with.
    04-09-09 01:18 PM
    Just wanted to add my thanks to the pile.
    I've always stuck with free apps before. This is the first app I have actually purchased.
    04-09-09 02:11 PM
    Ran into a bug, my battery went down to 10% and I plugged it in and let it recharge to full...problem is for some reason MeterBerry battery icon never reset and I had to restart the phone to fix it.
    04-09-09 08:41 PM
    For the record, when you turn your phone "off" with the red power key, it's not really off, it's just in a deep sleep mode.

It is possible to wake the phone up from being off by scheduling an application to run at a specific time. This is how some other soft-reset applications work. They have to do this because they don't run silently in the background like MeterBerry does.

I chose not to implement this wake from off feature. If your phone is woken up from being off to perform a soft-reset, once the reboot completes, your phone will be on.

I would speculate that the main reason most people turn their phones off is to conserve battery life. I've seen a soft-reset drain up to 5% of the phone's battery. Others have reported even more. I figured that waking the phone up to perform a soft-reset defeates the purpose of turning the phone off to begin with.
    Thanks for the explanation. It is very helpfull and adds to the understanding of how this phone works.
    04-10-09 09:01 AM
120 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD