07-28-09 03:49 PM
181 1234 ...
tools
    Giant Cashew, this is far and away the most useful application for the Storm. Thank you so much for this incredible application.

Can you explain to me the difference between "garbage collector" and the memory cleaner available through security options? Or are they the same thing?

One suggestion would be to include an ability to flush the content cache for the browser. Sometimes by the end of the day, I've accumulated around 1-1.5MB. Granted, clearing it manually is not difficult, but it seems like your application already does everything else for me!

Again, props man.
    They are not the same thing. The Memory Cleaner is for security purposes only. It overwrites previously used memory with zeros or random data (RIM doesn't specify) for privacy reasons.

The garbage collector recovers previously used memory and makes it available for use again by the OS or other applications.

Thanks for the suggestion on clearing the browser's content cache.
    05-04-09 07:57 PM
    quick question cashew--i see under device where it says clear event log hourly--but above that under application memory--where it says update log rate--and theres a option to disable--is this to disable the event log?
    No, "log" under the Application Memory section refers to MeterBerry's Memory Log. The event log is the system event log.
    05-04-09 07:58 PM
    I knew about meterberry about a half hour after finding crackberry, and have held out, must resist, convince myself I don't need it, resist, make do, ...

ah, what a relief it was to finally just drop the token coin and buy this app. Wish I had long ago.
    05-04-09 07:58 PM
    Ok, great. Thank you.

One other question, I dont know if you have been asked this before. I am using OS .141 and for whatever reason, meterberry now takes almost five seconds to open up. Prior to this OS, it was instant. Have you seen this and if so, any idea why?

Great app by the way.
    I am running .141 and have no lag opening the program, like giant cashew said, maybe a battery pull is needed.
    05-04-09 08:01 PM
    Thanks a lot, Giant. Again excellent addition to an already excellent application.
    05-04-09 08:05 PM
    if you have the latest version of meterberry, you wont need logmaid anymore =)
    05-04-09 08:30 PM
    As I mentioned in the first post, a huge thanks to phrehnck. He was nice enough to collaborate with me on some of these new features.

Check out his great applications here:

if(life==null) return;
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 05-04-09 at 08:33 PM.
    05-04-09 08:31 PM
    Giant,

Thanks for the update, like some of the new features, but I am see "Not Found" for the Device and Media Card.
    Have done 2 battery pulls, but still not seeing the values for the Device and Media Card . Not sure if I have some setting wrong or something.
    05-04-09 08:37 PM
    Giant,

Thanks for the update, like some of the new features, but I am see "Not Found" for the Device and Media Card.
    Have done 2 battery pulls, but still not seeing the values for the Device and Media Card . Not sure if I have some setting wrong or something.
    Is your phone plugged in via USB?
    05-04-09 08:42 PM
    another app to deleate
    05-04-09 08:45 PM
    Is your phone plugged in via USB?
    Yes it is, Guessing that is the issue.

Yep opened MeterBerry without being plugged in and got the values.

Thanks
    05-04-09 08:55 PM
    Yes it is, Guessing that is the issue.

Yep opened MeterBerry without being plugged in and got the values.

Thanks
    From the MeterBerry FAQ:

Q: Why does the Device and/or Media Card memory show "Not Found" on the status screen?

A: This occurs when your phone is plugged into a computer with the USB cable. Device and media card memory are not accessible when the USB interface is active.
    05-04-09 09:00 PM
    Thanks for the update! this prog gets better and better with each update.
    05-04-09 09:22 PM
    Cashew, just wanted to say thanks for such an awesome app!!! Love the updates! It's always on my homescreen
    05-04-09 09:44 PM
    i like the new features ,

I wish App memory was on top like before

i would prefer

App memory
    Device memory
    Media Card
    We moved application memory to the bottom so it is next to the "Recover Memory" button, similar to how the battery discharge rate and "Reset Rate" buttons are on top of eachother.

However, MeterBerry is constantly a work in progress so we may further tweak the UI in the future.
    I started to suggest this too then my OCD kicked in and I knew exactly why you did it that way... The new UI looks great...

One other thing I would love to see (and I think you are considering it for a future update) is the ability to set the number at which the icon changes color... My phone runs fantastic between 25-35 all day and I would probably set the memory to stay green till 20MB...

Ok, great. Thank you.

One other question, I dont know if you have been asked this before. I am using OS .141 and for whatever reason, meterberry now takes almost five seconds to open up. Prior to this OS, it was instant. Have you seen this and if so, any idea why?

Great app by the way.
    No, I haven't seen this. Have you tried rebooting your phone by removing the battery?
    You mean a PHYSICAL battery pull?!?! Hadn't thought of that... Except for upgrading the OS, I don't have to do these anymore since MeterBerry does a scheduled pull while I am sleeping... I'll try this and let you know as it takes 5 secs to open on .141 (no hybrid just slimmed) for me as well...

I also can't get to my event log at all but I think that's due to the slimmed OS... You will be pleased to know it doesn't error, it just doesn't do anything...

Once again, I really love this app!!! Thanks for the update and the great support you provide...
    05-04-09 09:45 PM
    Thanks for the update...great just got better.
    05-04-09 09:46 PM
    Great updates and wonderful support. Thanks a ton!
    05-04-09 09:47 PM
    this sh&t is hot!!!!
    Thanks for the updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-04-09 09:52 PM
    MY fav BB app by far.. lol and $2.95 cheaper than my morning starbucks
    05-04-09 09:54 PM
    You can't beat this app. It's always on my home screen watching my memory. Love it!
    05-04-09 09:55 PM
    loving the update thanks!
    05-04-09 09:56 PM
    Awesome work Big Nut :}

PotBB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 09:57 PM
    great update very nice.
    05-04-09 09:58 PM
    Can you make us a Threaded SMS app since your one of the few developers that have good customer service i have heard bad things about 3Jams customer service
    05-04-09 10:15 PM
    Thanks for the great app annd the continued improvements. I do like the suggestion in a previous post to be able to define the limits where the home page icon shows green. My pnone runs fine at 20mb but when it gets out of the green, it causes me to actually look at the number. OCD all the way, I know.
    05-04-09 10:21 PM
181 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD