This is a great application and only gets better. WELL worth the purchase!!!
    05-05-09 07:21 AM
    Thank you for the update.
    As was said before, great just got better.

Now a suggestion for your next update to make this better. Maybe I am the only one that would like to see this, but I think it would be nice to have a setting where I could set it if memory falls to 5mb available, the phone would automatically reset itself.

Would be a nice feature if you were not paying attention and it fell to that level for some reason, the phone would just take care of itself, and not start deleting messages as RIM has it set up to do..

Again, great app, I would encourage anybody with a storm to get it, specially now with this upgrade.
    05-05-09 07:39 AM

Now a suggestion for your next update to make this better. Maybe I am the only one that would like to see this, but I think it would be nice to have a setting where I could set it if memory falls to 5mb available, the phone would automatically reset itself.

Would be a nice feature if you were not paying attention and it fell to that level for some reason, the phone would just take care of itself, and not start deleting messages as RIM has it set up to do..

Again, great app, I would encourage anybody with a storm to get it, specially now with this upgrade.
    There is a setting that will give you a warning if the memory falls below what ever you set the warning amount for. I would think an auto reset without warning would be a bit of a pain, especailly if you were in a phone call, and your phone decides to reset itself without warning!
    05-05-09 08:15 AM

We considered this but decided to hold off, at least for now, mainly for safety reasons. If you're in an emergency situation and need your phone, but pull it out of your pocket and MeterBerry has initiated a reset automatically, it may only make the emergency worse.

For now, you can have MeterBerry notify you when your memory drops below a threshold you specify, and from there, initiate a reset.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 05-05-09 at 08:25 AM.
    05-05-09 08:20 AM
    There is a setting that will give you a warning if the memory falls below what ever you set the warning amount for. I would think an auto reset without warning would be a bit of a pain, especailly if you were in a phone call, and your phone decides to reset itself without warning!
    Thanks. I know about the setting for a warning. I was just thinking another setting of auto reset if it would fall below another set point you set it at. If you had both active, lets say the warning set at 10mb, and the auto reset set at 3mb, you would have gotten a warning at 10 and would know you are getting low, and more then likely would just do a reset yourself at that point. But if you were sleeping when all this took place, or at the amusement park, or just plain busy, at lest you know the phone will reset at your set point. Would make it so you basically would not have to worry to much about memory getting to low at all. And I would think they could set it up where it would not auto reset durring a call, maybe just give a audio alert or something.

Just an idea, maybe a bad one.
    05-05-09 08:25 AM
    We considered this but decided to hold off, at least for now, mainly for safety reasons. If you're in an emergency situation and need your phone, but pull it out of your pocket and MeterBerry has initiated a reset automatically, it may only make the emergency worse.

For now, you can have MeterBerry notify you when your memory drops below a threshold you specify, and from there, initiate a reset.
    That is true. Just a thought on that, I know when my phone drops below 10, gets close to 5, it is almost un-usable anyway.

This setting would just allow it to be set up by the user and make it so it would auto reset in the event a person was sleeping, or just busy and did not see the warning, as we never know when or if the phone will drop that low. Most the time when memory drops is when the phone is idle, at least in my case.

Thanks for a great product anyway, and at least now I know you have the idea.
    05-05-09 08:33 AM
    Did you reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling?

When are you getting the message? When you first start your phone? When you try to open MeterBerry by clicking its icon? If the former, it is probably being caused by another application. I have seen this message when you have a trial version of some application that is expired.
    I do not have ant trial versions of anything on my phone. I get the message when I click the icon which is simply an empty rectangle. It keeps making me reboot and then says meterberry is requesting changes to its application.
    What is up?
    05-05-09 08:49 AM
    Would it be possible to include in a future update apps memory usage?
    05-05-09 09:18 AM
    What does clearing the system event log do? Free up memory?
    05-05-09 10:03 AM
    I do not have ant trial versions of anything on my phone. I get the message when I click the icon which is simply an empty rectangle. It keeps making me reboot and then says meterberry is requesting changes to its application.
    What is up?
    When you see the screen with the permission changes that MeterBerry is requesting, you need to save the changes. Press the BlackBerry key and select Save.

Is your phone on BES? It is also possible that your administrator is blocking some of the permissions that MeterBerry requires. Go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. Highlight MeterBerry (don't click). Press the BlackBerry key and select Edit Permissions. Check if any of the permissions ONLY have the choice of "Deny". If so, your administrator is blocking them.
    05-05-09 10:03 AM
    What does clearing the system event log do? Free up memory?
    Yes. The event log is stored in application memory, so clearing it frees some up.
    05-05-09 10:04 AM
    I was looking forward to upgrading, but after removing 1.31.4, rebooting, then downloading and installing 1.4.5. -- MeterBerry won't run. I think that it related to the "permissions" change. My company's security policies don't allow what MeterBerry needs. With the prior version I had to 'Discard' the permissions each time i used Meterbery, but it would otherwise work just fine. Now, when the permissions box pops up, whether I Save, Discard, or Cancel, nothing happens - MeterBerry does not run.

Where can i download a copy 1.3.14?

Thanks
    Would it be possible to include in a future update apps memory usage?
    There is no API to retrieve memory usage on an application-by-application basis. So this is not possible.
    I was looking forward to upgrading, but after removing 1.31.4, rebooting, then downloading and installing 1.4.5. -- MeterBerry won't run. I think that it related to the "permissions" change. My company's security policies don't allow what MeterBerry needs. With the prior version I had to 'Discard' the permissions each time i used Meterbery, but it would otherwise work just fine. Now, when the permissions box pops up, whether I Save, Discard, or Cancel, nothing happens - MeterBerry does not run.

Where can i download a copy 1.3.14?

Thanks
    Do you know which permission is being blocked?

E-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you 1.3.14.
    05-05-09 10:05 AM
    Awesome app - and the new features are great!

Any way to remove the confirmation dialog when MeterBerry initiates a reset whilst the Storm is holstered?
    05-05-09 11:00 AM
    With all these features, this is a must have app.
    05-05-09 11:05 AM
    I love this app but all of a sudden it won't reset anymore. I keep getting an error and it won't soft reset. Any ideas on what I should do next? Maybe delete and reinstall?
    05-05-09 11:35 AM
    Awesome app - and the new features are great!

Any way to remove the confirmation dialog when MeterBerry initiates a reset whilst the Storm is holstered?
    No, as is mentioned in the FAQ, due to OS limitations it's not possible to perform a soft-reset automatically while the device is locked or holstered.
    05-05-09 11:37 AM
    I love this app but all of a sudden it won't reset anymore. I keep getting an error and it won't soft reset. Any ideas on what I should do next? Maybe delete and reinstall?
    What is the error?

Go to Options (wrench) -> Advanced Options -> Applications. If there is a "MeterBerryResetStub" in the list, delete it.

Also try uninstalling MeterBerry, rebooting, and then reinstalling.
    05-05-09 11:38 AM
    What is the error?

Go to Options (wrench) -> Advanced Options -> Applications. If there is a "MeterBerryResetStub" in the list, delete it.

Also try uninstalling MeterBerry, rebooting, and then reinstalling.
    Sorry, but away from my phone now so can't give the exact error message. I will try the above options, and if it doesn't work I'll post the error message I've been getting.

Thx
    05-05-09 11:46 AM
    A great update to one of my most favorite apps. Thank you Giant cashew! Keep up the kick a$$ work
    05-05-09 12:05 PM
    That worked. Thanks
    05-05-09 01:53 PM
    Been lurking in this thread and been having memory problems on my storm. Since I can't bring my storm into work (since we don't allow cameras) I'm going to go check out my storm and see if the memory is low and if it is, I think I will purchase your product while I am out there.

It is unfortunate that you have a niche to sell this product. I would hope the GC would run as often as necessary.
    05-05-09 02:32 PM
    Is it possible to include a message "Garbage Collector Engaged" in the Memory Log whenever the collector is engaged?
    05-05-09 02:45 PM
    Finally caved in to this one after reading so much about it. Only 2nd app I have purchased besides QuickLaunch!

Gotta love downloading 1 and deleting 2 (LogMaid and QuickPull). 2 great proggies btw...just no longer have a need for them now.
    05-05-09 02:46 PM
181 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD