Thanks for the great app annd the continued improvements. I do like the suggestion in a previous post to be able to define the limits where the home page icon shows green. My pnone runs fine at 20mb but when it gets out of the green, it causes me to actually look at the number. OCD all the way, I know.
    This is definitely on the to-do list. We also suffer from OCD, among other things.
    05-04-09 09:26 PM
    Amazing work as always Dan! Best money I've spent on my Storm!

I'm guessing with everything you've already done that the coffee maker and/or waffle maker will be in the next update?
    05-04-09 09:52 PM
    hows meterberry's "free-up memory" function compare to memoryup? anyone tried both?
    05-04-09 10:11 PM
    Great upgrade for a great app!! Thanks.
    05-04-09 10:13 PM
    new update is great! Best app for memory monitoring/management!
    05-04-09 10:15 PM
    Great update GC, been using since day one and it just keeps getting better and better.
    05-04-09 10:16 PM
    hows meterberry's "free-up memory" function compare to memoryup? anyone tried both?
    The only way to free up memory on a BlackBerry device is to initiate the garbage collector.

If any other application claims to do anything else, be weary.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 05-04-09 at 10:33 PM.
    05-04-09 10:24 PM
    hey i have a quick question, i couldnt be happier with this little gem but where is the memory cleaner recovering the memory from? i just dont want texts or bbm's to get deleted =X
    05-04-09 10:25 PM
    this app gets better and better!

I second the suggestion to add a browser cache cleaner option!

One other app, that I'm not sure would fit with meterberry, is a an app to do memory and storage defragging. Just a thought!
    05-04-09 10:26 PM
    The only way to free up memory on a BlackBerry device is to initiate the garbage collector.

If any other application claims to do anything else, be weary.
    exactly what i needed to know. thanks so much! keep up the great work
    05-04-09 10:33 PM
    Originally Posted by rickt1152
    Thanks for the great app annd the continued improvements. I do like the suggestion in a previous post to be able to define the limits where the home page icon shows green. My pnone runs fine at 20mb but when it gets out of the green, it causes me to actually look at the number. OCD all the way, I know.
    This is definitely on the to-do list. We also suffer from OCD, among other things.
    Another great update! I am another that definitely would like to see this enhancement.
    This is by far my number ! app!
    05-04-09 11:53 PM
    Im not sure if its because of MeterBerry or something else but after i updated the program and reset my phone i was getting a message saying that MeterBerry was denied the cross application permission. set all the permissions to Allow because for somereason they had been switched to deny and restarted the phone

Same thing happened except this time my theme was reset to default zen and none of my themes would show up in the theme menu. im now doing a complete wipe/reset of the phone to fix it
    05-05-09 12:01 AM
    Awesome work! Best money I've spent on my Storm!

This is a great application with great updates! Love it

Definetely on the application's list you must have!
    Last edited by blackberryitalian; 05-05-09 at 03:12 AM.
    05-05-09 03:09 AM
    Excellent upgrade, GC i just wanted to let you know that your program runs
    perfectly on my Bold with 5.0.0.90 OS. Been using it for 2 weeks now and
    did not found any problems. This maybe can help if you want to port it to Bold
    in future, if RIM releases 5.0 OS for every device it can spare you some coding.
    05-05-09 03:11 AM
    Works great on my .141
    No lag.
    What a damn useful application.
    05-05-09 04:52 AM
    Great Upgrade. Thanks!
    05-05-09 05:15 AM
    I agree! Between meterberry & patterlock these two were definitely worth the money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 05:26 AM
    New user to the MeterBerry 1.4.5, but after reading all the good things I am now running it on my Storm - Thanks Giant Cashew appreciate your support
    05-05-09 05:47 AM
    hey i have a quick question, i couldnt be happier with this little gem but where is the memory cleaner recovering the memory from? i just dont want texts or bbm's to get deleted =X
    The "Recover Memory" function initiates the Java garbage collector. When applications run they create objects in memory. When those objects are no longer needed, applications mark them as such so the garbage collector can make that memory available for use by other applications.

As I mentioned, I believe that generally speaking the garbage collector does not run enough. RIM most likely sided with preserving battery life over memory, because the Storm suffers from relatively poor battery life, at least with earlier OS's.

Pressing the "Recover Memory" button just manually initiates the garbage collector so previously used memory can be recovered and made available for use by other applications.

It will NOT delete any of your texts, e-mails, or anything else.
    05-05-09 05:58 AM
    Excellent upgrade, GC i just wanted to let you know that your program runs
    perfectly on my Bold with 5.0.0.90 OS. Been using it for 2 weeks now and
    did not found any problems. This maybe can help if you want to port it to Bold
    in future, if RIM releases 5.0 OS for every device it can spare you some coding.
    Wow, I would not have expected this. Thanks a lot for the info.
    05-05-09 06:03 AM
    I keep getting the message Uncaught exception:no application instance since I downloaded the upgrade. I deleted and reinstalled and have the same issue now. Any suggestions?
    05-05-09 06:13 AM
    I keep getting the message Uncaught exception:no application instance since I downloaded the upgrade. I deleted and reinstalled and have the same issue now. Any suggestions?
    Did you reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling?

When are you getting the message? When you first start your phone? When you try to open MeterBerry by clicking its icon? If the former, it is probably being caused by another application. I have seen this message when you have a trial version of some application that is expired.
    05-05-09 06:35 AM
    With the new meterberry it looks like i do not need Aerize Optimator anymore. Is that correct? I think running both may slow down my Storm a little.

Any idea?
    05-05-09 06:51 AM
    No, I haven't seen this. Have you tried rebooting your phone by removing the battery?
    Did that. No change. Thanks anyway, maybe its just my phone.
    05-05-09 06:57 AM
    I've been using this app. for quite a while now! Great App. for the money, and great updates! Thanks for all your hard work!
    05-05-09 07:16 AM
181 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD