- Added button to recover memory (run the Java garbage collector) to the status screen.
    - Added button to low memory notification popup to recover memory.
    - Added option to recover memory hourly when the phone is idle.

Use sparingly! If you're constantly pressing "Recover Memory" you'll see a negative impact on battery life and memory usage.

- Added button to view system event log to status screen.
    - Added option to clear system event log hourly when the phone is idle.

- Added option to disable battery and/or memory logs. Upon enabling or disabling, a new entry is added to the log stating so.

- Added total application memory to status screen.
    - Added percent free application memory to status screen.
    - Moved percent free to left of value so values line up, e.g. (50%) 20.5MB instead of 20.5MB (50%).

- "Startup", "Batt Full", "Rst Dis Rate", etc. tags in logs are now aligned in a single column.

- Enhancements to application permission checking.
    - Improved graphics of battery icons.

-------------------------------------------------

Features:

Customizable, Dynamic Home Screen Icons
    Keep tabs on your battery, memory, or device status right on your home screen.

Customizable Battery and Memory Notifications
    MeterBerry will notify you when your battery level or free memory drops below the thresholds you specify.
    Notification sounds, LED, and vibrate behavior are all customizable through the phone's standard Profiles application.

Battery and Memory Logs
    MeterBerry keeps logs of how your battery level and free memory change over time, allowing you to detect a failing battery, monitor how 3rd party applications or OS's affect your battery life or memory, and more.

Soft Reset (Battery Pull) Functionality
    Reset your device by simulating a battery pull any time you want.
    Or, schedule a reset to be performed automatically daily at a specific time.

Memory Recovery
    Initiate the Java garbage collector to free up application memory on-demand, when you receive a low memory notification, or hourly when your phone is idle.

Event Log Management
    View the system Event Log to troubleshoot application or operating system problems.
    Clear the event log hourly when your phone is idle to free up application memory.

Device Statistics
    MeterBerry calculates the average battery discharge rate, change in free memory since startup, time since the last reset, and more.

Small Footprint
    MeterBerry is only ~150 KB in size when installed. Its run-time footprint is much smaller than that, and it has no detrimental affect on battery life or memory.

Lifetime Free Upgrades
    MeterBerry is constantly being updated with new features. All updates will be free to existing customers. Forever.

Unparalled Support
    E-mail us at [email protected] with any problems, questions, comments, or suggestions. We will answer.

Check out all the details, along with FAQ and a change log at the MeterBerry website.

Purchase MeterBerry for a steal, only $3.95!

No other program even comes close to offering MeterBerry's bang for the buck.

Special thanks to phrehnck, the developer of LogMaid and many other great applications, for collaborating with me on some of these new features.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 11-20-09 at 08:50 AM.
    05-04-09 05:50 PM
    Just upgraded thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 05:55 PM
    i like the new features ,

I wish App memory was on top like before

i would prefer

App memory
    Device memory
    Media Card
    05-04-09 05:56 PM
    Amazing work!

A few questions:

Should I now remove logmaid since this now does the exact same thing?

What would you classify using the java garbage collector too much? Like more than once a day? Or maybe once every hour or so? I know pressing it every 5 minutes would probably classify as overkill.

Thanks again, this truly is the best piece of software I've bought for my storm.
    05-04-09 05:56 PM
    WOW! Great Upgrade!
    05-04-09 05:58 PM
    i like the new features ,

I wish App memory was on top like before

i would prefer

App memory
    Device memory
    Media Card
    We moved application memory to the bottom so it is next to the "Recover Memory" button, similar to how the battery discharge rate and "Reset Rate" buttons are on top of eachother.

However, MeterBerry is constantly a work in progress so we may further tweak the UI in the future.
    05-04-09 05:58 PM
    Flying tackle!

By far Giant Cashew is the best developer for the Storm!
    05-04-09 06:00 PM
    Amazing work!

A few questions:

Should I now remove logmaid since this now does the exact same thing?

What would you classify using the java garbage collector too much? Like more than once a day? Or maybe once every hour or so? I know pressing it every 5 minutes would probably classify as overkill.

Thanks again, this truly is the best piece of software I've bought for my storm.
    I actually collaborated with the LogMaid developer on these features, so whether you want to keep LogMaid or not is up to you.

Feel free to experiment with running the garbage collector. It has different affects on different phones. Generally speaking, I believe RIM doesn't run the garbage collector enough. They most likely chose to preserve battery life over memory, because the Storm suffers from relatively poor battery life to begin with. You will eventually figure out how often is "too often".
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 05-04-09 at 06:07 PM.
    05-04-09 06:01 PM
    We moved application memory to the bottom so it is next to the "Recover Memory" button, similar to how the battery discharge rate and "Reset Rate" buttons are on top of eachother.

However, MeterBerry is constantly a work in progress so we may further tweak the UI in the future.
    gotcha

i guess my eyes are just trained to go to a particular area

let me ask you this , i love this program , could you add in there maybe a option to change the color ?

like i want my app memory to have red letters , so i can see it easier or something like that ?

just an idea ?
    05-04-09 06:02 PM
    gotcha

i guess my eyes are just trained to go to a particular area

let me ask you this , i love this program , could you add in there maybe a option to change the color ?

like i want my app memory to have red letters , so i can see it easier or something like that ?

just an idea ?
    I understand where you're coming from, but I found it will only take a little while to get used to the change. Most people watch MeterBerry like a hawk, so it shouldn't take too long.

Thanks for the color suggestion.
    05-04-09 06:05 PM
    I understand where you're coming from, but I found it will only take a little while to get used to the change. Most people watch MeterBerry like a hawk, so it shouldn't take too long.

yeah i will get used to it , not a big deal , the color thing is just an idea for people who like to customize stuff ( like me ) lol
    05-04-09 06:06 PM
    I actually collaborated with the LogMaid developer on these features, so whether you want to keep LogMaid or not is up to you.

Feel free to experiment with running the garbage collector. It has different affects on different phones. Generally speaking, I believe RIM doesn't run the garbage collector enough. They most likely chose to preserve battery life over memory, because the Storm suffers from a relatively poor battery to begin with. You will eventually figure out how often is "too often".
    Cashew, can you please elaborate on this a little more? On the email I recieved notifiying me of the upgrade you said that running the garbage collector too much can have "adverse effects to both your battery and memory". Here, you are saying to feel free to experiment. So, is the memory and battery performance issues only temporary? Will a battery pull restore everything to normal?

I meant "recovery mode". Can you elaborate on that.
    Last edited by garment69; 05-04-09 at 06:14 PM.
    05-04-09 06:08 PM
    Awesome app. Thanks for all the FREE fuctionality. I have used this since it first came out and its AWESOME. Good job Cashew.
    05-04-09 06:09 PM

i agree , i know i watch it like a hawk... great updates, just upgraded... thanks for all your hard work
    05-04-09 06:09 PM
    Cashew, can you please elaborate on this a little more? On the email I recieved notifiying me of the upgrade you said that running the garbage collector too much can have "adverse effects to both your battery and memory". Here, you are saying to feel free to experiment. So, is the memory and battery performance issues only temporary? Will a battery pull restore everything to normal?
    You can think of the garbage collector as an application whose purpose is to recover memory on your phone. I was only pointing out that if you get trigger happy with the "Recover Memory" button, you will cause your battery to drain faster than normal, and may actually cause your free application memory to decrease.

But there is no harm in experimenting. A reboot will restore your memory.
    05-04-09 06:12 PM
    I think what he meant was that if you run the garbage collector too frequently, your battery will run down.

I am also thankful for never having to push /"/"/ ever again because of the built in event log. Thank you!!!
    05-04-09 06:12 PM
    Just updated, thank you so much for another Update, I love this program... I just can't seem to find my damn memory leak, it's being really lame now and idk why... meh I think it's my theme but I don't wanna delete it lol I paid for it!
    05-04-09 06:15 PM
    wow i bought this just to satisfy my ocd and never expected so much out of this app. finally a decent way to make the dollars stretch as far as possible thank you
    05-04-09 06:22 PM
    You can think of the garbage collector as an application whose purpose is to recover memory on your phone. I was only pointing out that if you get trigger happy with the "Recover Memory" button, you will cause your battery to drain faster than normal, and may actually cause your free application memory to decrease.

But there is no harm in experimenting. A reboot will restore your memory.
    Ok, great. Thank you.

One other question, I dont know if you have been asked this before. I am using OS .141 and for whatever reason, meterberry now takes almost five seconds to open up. Prior to this OS, it was instant. Have you seen this and if so, any idea why?

Great app by the way.
    05-04-09 06:35 PM
    Giant Cashew, this is far and away the most useful application for the Storm. Thank you so much for this incredible application.

Can you explain to me the difference between "garbage collector" and the memory cleaner available through security options? Or are they the same thing?

One suggestion would be to include an ability to flush the content cache for the browser. Sometimes by the end of the day, I've accumulated around 1-1.5MB. Granted, clearing it manually is not difficult, but it seems like your application already does everything else for me!

Again, props man.
    05-04-09 06:36 PM
    quick question cashew--i see under device where it says clear event log hourly--but above that under application memory--where it says update log rate--and theres a option to disable--is this to disable the event log?
    05-04-09 06:43 PM
    Just finished updating. Thanks for the new release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 06:44 PM
    Looking great!
    05-04-09 06:47 PM
    Ok, great. Thank you.

One other question, I dont know if you have been asked this before. I am using OS .141 and for whatever reason, meterberry now takes almost five seconds to open up. Prior to this OS, it was instant. Have you seen this and if so, any idea why?

Great app by the way.
    No, I haven't seen this. Have you tried rebooting your phone by removing the battery?
    05-04-09 06:55 PM
    This is by far the best value app for the Storm. Everyone should have this on their phone.
    05-04-09 06:55 PM
181 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD