Thinking about purchasing it, just want to see how those who are using it on the Tour like it. Thanks for the feedback...
    08-16-09 12:46 PM
    I am using it but i am having a problem with it resseting my tour. I read it was only for the storm. I had the storm and loved it for that. I used Meterberry mainly to give me more application memory. On my Tour I dont have the problem with the having the application memory go low so I really dont use it much.
    08-16-09 01:35 PM
    I am using currently, only because I had brought it with my Storm. You really don't need it for the tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 10:05 PM
    same as the others, I had it for my storm devices, since I carry both I brought another copy for the tour.. not really needed as the tour doesnt have the mem issues of the storm 1
    08-16-09 10:55 PM
    I have it as well. Pretty neat little app. I used it to check my battery usage per hour and to see how much memory i lose throughout the day.
    08-17-09 12:23 AM
    I have it works great! I had with the storm as well but The Tour has increasable memory! Like 500% more! so the need is not as great, I use it more for the battery
    08-17-09 12:06 PM
    I installed it yesterday, pretty neat little application, the Tour has double the memory of the Storm, so I'm not concerned with memory, I just liked the features of the app...
    08-17-09 12:08 PM
    I am using it but i am having a problem with it resseting my tour. I read it was only for the storm. I had the storm and loved it for that. I used Meterberry mainly to give me more application memory. On my Tour I dont have the problem with the having the application memory go low so I really dont use it much.
    Will not reset my phone either. with the tours additional memory, that is really its only core purpose. I do like the icon though that tells me my free memory. But, since it wont reset Im getting rid of it.

The developer should update for all devices.
    08-22-09 07:11 AM
    I have Meterberry installed as well. It's programmed to reset my Tour every day at 4:30am, along the same lines of Quick Pull. Its not a necessity but its interesting to see how the battery and memory are being used.

08-22-09 07:37 AM
    I have Meterberry installed as well. It's programmed to reset my Tour every day at 4:30am, along the same lines of Quick Pull. Its not a necessity but its interesting to see how the battery and memory are being used.

So the reset function of meterberry IS working on your tour? Interesting.
    08-22-09 07:41 AM
    why arent they updating the app for the tour???????
    08-22-09 08:42 AM
    I use meterberry for the tour, it resets my phone at 330 am every day perfectly. I moniter apps for memory leaks whenever I install something new. Also how much battery drain during the day I burn through depending on what I'm doing.

Love this app.

08-22-09 09:03 AM
    why arent they updating the app for the tour???????
    Got an e-mail from Mobihand last night with info you all might be interested in. Meterberry has now been updated for the Tour. :-)

"Developer Message:
    Updated for Blackberry Tour compatibility: fixed scrolling problem on main screen, corrected display of total application memory, added more choices for low memory notification threshold to correspond with Tour's increased memory over the Storm. Thank You"

08-24-09 06:17 AM
    MeterBerry is now compatible with the Tour.

The Tour does have much more memory than the Storm, but that doesn't mean it is immune to memory leaks or excessive memory usage by third party applications. Far from it actually. You can use MeterBerry's memory log, low-memory notification, and "change in memory since startup" calculation to find and troubleshoot memory leaks and excessive memory usage.

Plus, memory monitoring and management is just a part of MeterBerry's functionality. To name a few other useful features:

- The low-battery notification and color-coded home screen icon can be used to alert you when your battery needs charging. How many times have you gone out for the night only to realize later your phone is almost dead? MeterBerry could have warned you earlier in the day you need a charge. This feature is worth $2.95 alone, in my opinion.

- The battery log, low-battery notification, and battery discharge rate calculation can be used to determine how third party applications or beta OS's affect your battery life. You'd be amazed at how much poorly written applications can drain your battery.

- The signal strength log can be used to find areas or times of the day where your signal drops. Beta OS's also have varying affects on signal strength, so you can monitor their impact as well. When the signal strength log is used in conjunction with the battery log, you can observe how signal strength affects battery life.

- The device temperature log can be used to determine if your device is overheating. When the device temperature log is used in conjunction with the battery log, you can observe how increased device temperature affects battery life.

- Many people like to start with a "fresh" phone each day. The soft reset feature lets you reboot your phone to do so.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 08-24-09 at 08:19 AM.
    08-24-09 07:45 AM
    Thinking about purchasing it, just want to see how those who are using it on the Tour like it. Thanks for the feedback...
    I bought it when I had the Storm...a very useful app to have on the Storm. I did install it on my Tour as well. I find that I don't check it nearly as much as I did with the Storm because the Tour is just rock solid in the memory management area (at least mine is working that way).

I still think meterberry is a cool app, but just saying that I don't use it as much anymore. If you are the type of person who loves utility type apps like these even if your phone is working well, I'd say get it. Meterberry definitely allows a person to get their geek on.
    08-24-09 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD