When trying to perform a reset I get an error stating that "Your device cannot be reset now because a reset request has already been initiated by MeterBerry or another application. You may have previously chosen not to reboot when prompted to." I do see a Reboot Required screen flash up but it doesn't allow me to do the reboot. This has been occuring for the last week.

I have done the following to resolve this:
    1. I have manually (batter pull) rebooted the device many times.
    2. I uninstalled the meterberry app
    3. Reinstalled the meterberry app
    4. Checked the permissions as suggested on the meterberry website.

Phone: 9530 Storm
    Carrier: Verizon
    MeterBerry version: 2.0.3

How do I find the application that is requesting the reboot? Is there another way to get around this error?
    01-13-10 09:44 AM
    I have gotten that only once before and it went away. Do you use the reset on QuickLaunch? I think that is what did it to me, but it has been awhile...
    01-13-10 09:47 AM
    No, I don't have QuickLaunch on my Storm.
    01-13-10 11:11 AM
    What apps do you have?
    01-13-10 11:20 AM
    I have the following apps:

Aces Solitaire Pack 1.0.2
    Crackberry AppStore 1.02
    Berryweather 2.0.65
    Bing 1.03
    Gmail 2.0.7
    Google Maps 3.0.2
    Google Sync 0.5.15
    Iheartradio
    Ka-glom - Free 1.2.1
    MeterBerry 2.0.3
    MyVerizon 2.0.18
    SeaBattle 1.0.2
    TalkLock 1.0.1
    UberTwitter 0.925
    Visual Voice Mail 1.19
    Vlingo Plus 4.0.1
    YouTube 1.6.10
    01-13-10 11:56 AM
    I got this off the meterberry site. Maybe this will help.

Q: When trying to perform a soft-reset, I get an error message saying that my device cannot be reset because another reset request has already been initiated?

A: This can occur if you pressed "REBOOT LATER" when prompted by another application or the operating system to reboot your phone. It is not possible for MeterBerry to reboot your phone in this scenario. You should be prompted again soon by the operating system to reboot. If not, or if you do not wish to wait, you can reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Q: I see an Error Code 4 and/or a "MeterBerryResetStub has been denied the "Cross Application Communication" permission" error message when I try to do a soft-reset?

A: There are two potential causes of this error message:

Cause #1: MeterBerry requires that the default value for the Cross Application Communication permission be set to "Allow". To do so:

1. In OS 4.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. In OS 5.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Applications.
    2. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Default Permissions". Make sure to choose the default permissions, not "Edit Permissions".
    3. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    4. Set the "Cross Application Communication" permission to "Allow".
    5. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    6. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Cause #2: RIM introduced a bug in some of the leaked 4.X OS's which has carried over into official OS releases by some carriers. If you see this error message, change to a different Reset Mode by performing the following:

1. Open MeterBerry and from the menu select Options.
    2. Scroll to the Device section at the bottom of the screen.
    3. If Reset Mode is set to 1, change it to 2. If Reset Mode is set to 2, change it to 1.
    4. From the menu select Save.

Q: When trying to perform a soft-reset, I see a message that MeterBerry is attempting to reset the Security Timer. It asks me to Allow or Deny.

A: MeterBerry does not need to reset the security timer to perform a soft-reset, but the OS thinks it does. If you see this message, you most likely have the Security Timer Reset permission set to Prompt. To change this:

1. In OS 4.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. In OS 5.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Applications.
    2. Highlight (don't click) MeterBerry.
    3. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Permissions".
    4. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    5. Set the "Security Timer Reset" permission to "Deny".
    6. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    7. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Q: I get an "Error Code: 5" message when trying to perform a soft-reset?

A: This is usually caused by the Security Timer Reset permission being set to Prompt, which interferes with the reset timing. Follow the instructions above to set it to Deny.
    mrskittens likes this.
    01-13-10 04:38 PM
    I got this off the meterberry site. Maybe this will help.

Q: When trying to perform a soft-reset, I get an error message saying that my device cannot be reset because another reset request has already been initiated?

A: This can occur if you pressed "REBOOT LATER" when prompted by another application or the operating system to reboot your phone. It is not possible for MeterBerry to reboot your phone in this scenario. You should be prompted again soon by the operating system to reboot. If not, or if you do not wish to wait, you can reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Q: I see an Error Code 4 and/or a "MeterBerryResetStub has been denied the "Cross Application Communication" permission" error message when I try to do a soft-reset?

A: There are two potential causes of this error message:

Cause #1: MeterBerry requires that the default value for the Cross Application Communication permission be set to "Allow". To do so:

2. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Default Permissions". Make sure to choose the default permissions, not "Edit Permissions".
    3. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    4. Set the "Cross Application Communication" permission to "Allow".
    5. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    6. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Cause #2: RIM introduced a bug in some of the leaked 4.X OS's which has carried over into official OS releases by some carriers. If you see this error message, change to a different Reset Mode by performing the following:

1. Open MeterBerry and from the menu select Options.
    2. Scroll to the Device section at the bottom of the screen.
    3. If Reset Mode is set to 1, change it to 2. If Reset Mode is set to 2, change it to 1.
    4. From the menu select Save.

Q: When trying to perform a soft-reset, I see a message that MeterBerry is attempting to reset the Security Timer. It asks me to Allow or Deny.

A: MeterBerry does not need to reset the security timer to perform a soft-reset, but the OS thinks it does. If you see this message, you most likely have the Security Timer Reset permission set to Prompt. To change this:

2. Highlight (don't click) MeterBerry.
    3. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Permissions".
    4. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    5. Set the "Security Timer Reset" permission to "Deny".
    6. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    7. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Q: I get an "Error Code: 5" message when trying to perform a soft-reset?

A: This is usually caused by the Security Timer Reset permission being set to Prompt, which interferes with the reset timing. Follow the instructions above to set it to Deny.
    Thanks for the info. Worked like a charm for the reset issue.
    01-27-10 02:56 PM
    Sweet thanks for the info. I was having the same problem.

Works great now.
    02-01-10 02:02 AM
    Will Meterberry be fixing the permission required to proceed with automatic daily reset for OS 591 or is there a setting or workaround to correct this issue?
    05-02-10 01:48 AM
    new update out, see if all your woes are gone
    05-02-10 10:04 AM
    Will Meterberry be fixing the permission required to proceed with automatic daily reset for OS 591 or is there a setting or workaround to correct this issue?
    Yes, this was fixed in v2.0.9 released today.
    05-02-10 02:41 PM
    Yes, this was fixed in v2.0.9 released today.
    Works now thanks Giant Cashew.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 03:21 PM
    I have deleted all the reset stubs and tired all the reset modes, and still receiving the error message? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    05-06-10 11:12 PM
    I set all permissions to allow on meterberry and the new reset stub. You might try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 05:27 AM
    I deleted the reset stub again and pulled battery. Then I switched to reset mode 1 and it worked. Questions now is, why when I hit reboot now, right before the device reset, a window popped up. It said something like "reset request can not take place. It has already been requested..." Couldn't read all of it because the device reset just after the window appeared. Just wonder why window would pop up if device was resetting anyway? Any thoughts anyone?
    05-07-10 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD