oh ok, thanks for the explanation.
    07-13-09 05:32 PM
    Hi, can someone please explain how or where do I find the QL reset option? I have been all through that app and don't see the reset function that you guys are all referring to.

I am assuming it is similar to meter berry"s reset or quickpull etc. I have searched but there is no definate answers on how to get to it. Running version 2.10.

Thanks.
    Last edited by crackhead67; 07-13-09 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Added Info
    07-13-09 08:55 PM
    Hi, can someone please explain how or where do I find the QL reset option? I have been all through that app and don't see the reset function that you guys are all referring to.

I am assuming it is similar to meter berry"s reset or quickpull etc. I have searched but there is no definate answers on how to get to it. Running version 2.10.

Thanks.
    You have to open QL then add item, under applications there is reset device. That's what you want
    07-13-09 09:09 PM
    You have to open QL then add item, under applications there is reset device. That's what you want
    Thank you!
    07-13-09 09:19 PM
    My firewall is disabled, so if i do it manually it will reset but with the scheduled reset it starts and the sits at the restart now or later screen, it use select now o its own but since the upgrade it waits for me to select now. Could this be because of my stormslider being set to activate on dim.
    07-13-09 11:10 PM
    Just wanted to say I have the same issue. On BES, can't change firewall, and get the cross app permissions error 1st, then the stub is added, then I get the java error no matter what permissions are set. Looking forward to the 151 fix for this great app.
    07-14-09 03:31 PM
    I have BIS Storm, and tryed all of it too. the firewall is disabled. Is there anything else we can do other what was suggested?
    07-14-09 08:24 PM
    To PPL had tryed everything and failed like me. try the steps bellow and it should work. Please make sure to BACK UP ALL THIRD PARTY APP'S & OTHERS.

1.plug in blackberry to computer
    2.open up command prompt (start->run->cmd)
    3.type cd c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4.push enter
    5.Type LOADER.exe /resettofactory
    push enter

PS. this will not delete your existing os installed in your storm. Once your done the setting will be back to verizon icon's precision zen theme w/all the verizon or svc's provider icon's. Open your DM, and Restore it by selecing "BackUP(the date)ipd" and you'll be back to what you currently had before. it will restore all of your contact, email, ect...

The only thing will not be restore are the one that is save in your phone and not in your card.

I only posted that steps above if the reset device key is that important to you, instead of using other app's.
    Last edited by Roweazie; 07-16-09 at 02:00 PM.
    07-16-09 12:12 PM
    Whats the eta for the Meterberry update Cashew??

Thanks
    07-16-09 05:44 PM
    I just got MeterBerry yesterday afternoon and set it to reboot at 6:00 this morning. I'm running .148 and when I picked up my phone this morning, I had those same two error messages and the reboot failed. Tried a Devise Reset inside the program with the same result.

I just finished a physical battery pull and it is now working after doing a test scheduled reboot at 11:30 a.m.

I know this post was referring to .151 but thought I'd let you know the problem showed up in the current release as well, but was easily corrected.

Note: Love the little rotating info icons!
    07-17-09 10:36 AM
    I think I might have found one answer to this:

I'm on:
    BIS

I originally wasn't having this problem, until I purchased BerryWeather. Once I ran BerryWeather I started getting the meterberryresetstub cross application permissions denied messages.
    1) Open BerryWeather application
    2) Go to the menu and click "Exit" to completely get out of the app
    3) Open Meterberry
    4) Reset

That worked for me. And then after a reset through the meterberry application, i was able to turn berryweather back on and then restart through meterberry again. Rather odd, but it worked.
    07-17-09 10:46 AM
    Im on BIS but i cant disable my firewall. why is that?
    07-17-09 01:30 PM
    Im on BIS but i cant disable my firewall. why is that?
    Is it showing "Enable" with lock icon? If so, that means its already Disabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 06:40 PM
    Is it showing "Enable" with lock icon? If so, that means its already Disabled.

Oh it must be disabled then. Ha why would it say its locked onto enable? That seems strange to me...
    07-18-09 06:53 PM
    I inquired this several times to VZW rep that BIS owner unable to disable them. I'm not sure about unlock phone and other service provider.
    Oh it must be disabled then. Ha why would it say its locked onto enable? That seems strange to me...
    07-18-09 08:25 PM
    I inquired this several times to VZW rep that BIS owner unable to disable them. I'm not sure about unlock phone and other service provider.

According to previous posts the firewall is already disabled

07-18-09 08:29 PM
    Lmao. I meant enable.

07-18-09 08:34 PM
    MeterBerry is currently coded around the device firewall, but something has changed in .151 to "break" it. QuickPull's implementation is obviously different than ours, so they may have just gotten lucky. We should be able to find a way around it.
    Any luck with this update Giant Cashew? Really missing my MeterBerry reset!
    07-25-09 09:33 AM
    I'm getting a bit worried as the meterberry.com website has been down since last week... Giant Cashew R U still around?
    07-25-09 03:16 PM
    I'm getting a bit worried as the meterberry.com website has been down since last week... Giant Cashew R U still around?
    Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

I was on vacation for 10 days and we had server troubles while I was away.
    07-26-09 02:19 PM
    Nice to see that you are back. Sorry about the inconveinence when you get back from vacation, but a lot of us are having troubles with the Reset function for those of us who upgraded to 5.0 recently. If its not too much trouble could you please look into it for us?
    07-26-09 02:36 PM
    Nice to see that you are back. Sorry about the inconveinence when you get back from vacation, but a lot of us are having troubles with the Reset function for those of us who upgraded to 5.0 recently. If its not too much trouble could you please look into it for us?
    +1

10 Char
    07-26-09 02:48 PM
    Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

I was on vacation for 10 days and we had server troubles while I was away.
    Hope you enjoyed the vacation, any luck looking at the reset issue we are having with 4.7.0.151 or higher? Thanks.
    07-30-09 09:06 PM
    Also having this problem, tried most of the fixes mentioned in the thread with no luck...
    07-31-09 12:15 PM
    Still no sign of Giant Cashew
    08-18-09 08:20 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD