okay i have read plenty of reviews but i have a few questions this memory cleaner on the app is it the same as the one on the storm already?

This simulates a battery pull will that clear my memory att service books like a real pull, or will it keep it and give me the benefits of it?
    01-10-10 07:28 PM
    I believe the cleaner is the same, though when would you use it? I have yet to see it go under "-1.5mb since last reset". If you lose your service books doing a battery pull, I would bet they will go with the MB reset. Meterberry is an absolutely essential app, especially on my old 9530
    01-10-10 08:13 PM
    Okay I dont mean to sound ignorant but everyone is saying must have, but I would like to know what is part of it that makes it a must have? Maybe i just dont use to bb enough
    01-10-10 08:20 PM
    It was essential for me on my Storm 1 as a memory management tool. On my Storm2 I use it mainly for resets, because I don't want to take off my otterbox case. But it also helps troubleshoot/manage memory and battery. You may not need this app. For me it is, as stated earlier, essential. Especially at $3
    01-10-10 08:30 PM
    yeah thanx ill think about it...lol and yea its not expensive but i like to know what im putting on my bb
    01-10-10 08:42 PM
    You and me both. I won't even grant most of my apps "trusted app" status. Just another reason why I love MB. I remember putting a sketchy app on my 9530, and while the app was NOT running, it drained my memory. MB allowed me to pinpoint the problem and eliminate it

It's worth it just for the reset anyway... Haha
    01-10-10 08:47 PM
    I had MeterBerry on my Storm 1 and I thought highly enough about it to put it on my Storm 2, though the Memory issues are no longer an "issue" so my reasoning was less compelling.

You might want to read the FAQs on their website (you'll have to Google...oh wait, you have an S2, guess that means Bing, have no clue what that will show, lol) to find their home page. But simply doing the Memory Cleaning procedure may not produce the results you want. There are some technical reasons for it, which make sense, but for me, only in a "yeah..um, okay" sort of way. Still, I like to use the Log to see how my Memory drops or increases and also, track my battery drain. Finally, since I live in Las Vegas and I'm often outdoors for long periods of time, I like to track the battery temperature (it can get HOT) during the summer months. I also use the Reset feature to simulate a battery pull.

All this being said, I can't imagine why you'd be concerned about memory with a Storm 2. I have loads of apps on my phone and I consistantly run at around 112 MB of free memory. If you're not a phone/gadget freak, then this program may not be of much use to you, but if you like to track what's going on with your device, investigate what programs are using the most memory and want to do an easy, occasional soft battery pull, then it's a great program.
    01-10-10 09:05 PM
    I also had it on my Storm1 and it was nice to have. was it essential?? probably not.

With the Storm2, there is such a large amount of App memory, that it doesnt seem necessary.

just my opinion though.... I so use it for the resets.
    01-11-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD