so i just downloaded meterberry and am loving it so far...i was wanting to get the most out of the app and was wondering what settings i should use. just want to get some ideas...find out whats working good for others. thanks in advance.
    05-22-09 11:40 AM
    All my logs are at 15min updates. Clear event log on idle, I boot up at 44.3MBs of app mem so I set a notice at <20MBs. And battery at <10%. And I rotate icons ever 10seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 12:00 PM
    cool thanks...almost exactly what i have
    05-22-09 02:36 PM
    Hah that's funny. I love meterberry, one of my fav features is the battery temp lol. Idk why tho I just like knowing if my phones gonna melt my face lol

05-22-09 02:40 PM
    All my logs are at 15min updates. Clear event log on idle, I boot up at 44.3MBs of app mem so I set a notice at <20MBs. And battery at <10%. And I rotate icons ever 10seconds.

<20MB's? I have mine set at <5MB's. Also, don't set your icon do display available memory as it will just end up driving you crazy!
    05-22-09 02:44 PM
    i'm not 100% clear, but does meterberry help to free up memory? or does it just keep track? and isnt it almost the same as quickpull, but it just keeps track?
    05-22-09 02:45 PM
    i'm not 100% clear, but does meterberry help to free up memory? or does it just keep track? and isnt it almost the same as quickpull, but it just keeps track?
    It helps a little.
    05-22-09 02:46 PM
    has anyone every tried those memory free up apps? i'm kind of iffy about those and don't really want to lose money if they dont work
    05-22-09 02:49 PM
    I've heard a lot of them don't do anything. Some people claim they work but a lot of people don't notice any difference.
    05-22-09 02:56 PM
    MeterBerry's main purpose is not to recover memory. The Blackberry OS manages memory internally and recovers it with the Java garbage collector. Applications that are designed entirely around "boosting" memory can't really do much, because the OS knows more about memory management than any third party application ever can.

This is why MeterBerry gives you tools to see how memory is being used by the OS and applications. Tools that allow you to find memory problems.

With that said, MeterBerry does have "Recover Memory" feature that initiates the Java garbage collector to reclaim memory marked as no longer in use. Some people benefit from doing this explicitly, and some don't.

And of course, memory management is just one piece of MeterBerry's many features.
    05-22-09 03:16 PM
    Mine is set at 20 because my phone rarely drops under 30 anymore. It is usually in the 35-38 range all day. So if it goes under that I know I have a problem.

05-22-09 03:34 PM
    Mine is set at 20 because my phone rarely drops under 30 anymore. It is usually in the 35-38 range all day. So if it goes under that I know I have a problem.

That's pretty good. How many 3rd party apps do you have? And what OS are you using?
    05-22-09 06:14 PM
    I have downloaded this several weeks ago. How do you get to set up refresh rates, rotate icons,etc
    05-22-09 08:59 PM
    I have downloaded this several weeks ago. How do you get to set up refresh rates, rotate icons,etc
    From the main MeterBerry screen press the Blackberry key and select Options.
    05-23-09 07:58 AM
    quick ?: can u actually monitor a specific app to see if its leaking memory or is a battery drainer? or can u only eye ball it? if u can, how can u like monitor only one or whatever many u want? (like using the event log? or whatever? if so, what's the settings to set to check the leakage and/or battery drainage?)
    05-23-09 09:13 AM
    thanx guys for the help
    05-23-09 09:25 AM
    quick ?: can u actually monitor a specific app to see if its leaking memory or is a battery drainer? or can u only eye ball it? if u can, how can u like monitor only one or whatever many u want? (like using the event log? or whatever? if so, what's the settings to set to check the leakage and/or battery drainage?)
    This would be a great idea! (simple weather?)...LOL

05-23-09 10:44 AM
    There is no API that provides application-specific memory usage, so this is not possible. Likewise for battery consumption.

However, like I said, you can use MeterBerry to get a baseline, and then see how one specific app affects your memory usage or battery consumption after you open it.
    05-23-09 11:20 AM
    Mikey I have probably 14apps and I'm .148/5.0hybrid shrunk. Its awesome!

05-23-09 11:28 AM
    There is no API that provides application-specific memory usage, so this is not possible. Likewise for battery consumption.

However, like I said, you can use MeterBerry to get a baseline, and then see how one specific app affects your memory usage or battery consumption after you open it.
    With u being the developer of this app what are your settings at? ....if you don't mind saying. Thanks! By the way great app!

05-23-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD