hey everyone,

I am using a Blackberry Storm 9550 OS V5.0.0.320 and from reading through the forums i understand the home screen doesn't currently update with apps. I am running Weather Berry and it updates without any problems on the home screen, i am running it on the wallpaper. But the meter-berry icon wont update on the home screen, once in the apps menu tho the icon is cycling though every 10seconds as it should.

So my question is if the screen updating bug is still un solved why is weather berry running fine and meter berry isn't working? is there any way to fix this?

Any tips to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty new to CrackBerry so im sorry if this is a very obvious question or if i have posted in the wrong area.

Thank you.
    Aman
    12-06-09 03:52 PM
    My WeatherBerry stopped updating on the HS 2 days ago. So perhaps the bug doesn't really have any rhyme or reason to it. That's my guess.
    12-06-09 04:29 PM
    As a side note, the existing hybrid available on CB from OOAK *does* update all dynamic icons on the home screen, as well as offer other general improvements to the overall operation of the phone. FWIW.
    12-06-09 04:33 PM
    As a side note, the existing hybrid available on CB from OOAK *does* update all dynamic icons on the home screen, as well as offer other general improvements to the overall operation of the phone. FWIW.
    Does this hybrid you speak of work with the OS that came with the storm 2?
    12-06-09 05:10 PM
    Does this hybrid you speak of work with the OS that came with the storm 2?
    It does, and very well -=>http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=379348
    12-06-09 05:23 PM
    so I never installed a hybrid- would I do the executable one right on the phone? thanks!
    12-06-09 05:28 PM
    meterberry works fine and changes on my home screen. If you reset your device you have to move the meterberry icon... it doesnt matter where you move it... once u move it, for some reason it works. I have to do this any time I reset my device.
    12-06-09 07:26 PM
    The reason why weatherberry works fine and meterberry doesn't, is because, as you said, weatherberry is updating the wallpaper and not the icon itself.

The wallpaper updates are separate from the icon updates, so in fact neither one of them are working right now.
    12-06-09 08:05 PM
    so I never installed a hybrid- would I do the executable one right on the phone? thanks!
    Check out the link that jlsparks posted. On the later pages he so graciously took the time and wrote out the steps. Once you have the storm2 original OS installed on your PC its easy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 10:10 PM
    meterberry works fine and changes on my home screen. If you reset your device you have to move the meterberry icon... it doesnt matter where you move it... once u move it, for some reason it works. I have to do this any time I reset my device.
    I notice that to with my meterberry and weather app.
    12-06-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD