Im running the .148/.151/5.0 hybrid and I just purchased Meterberry today. Everything works except the reset device button. It tells me that MeterBerryResetStub has been denied Cross Application Communication permission. I've set the default permissions to allow for all, I've even gone into the Modules to locate the MeterBerryResetStub and granted allow to everything for that as well. Still doesn't work. The first time I installed it, I tried the reset device and it prompted with the "Trust Application" Yes or No prompt and I mistakenly hit no because the device was lagging and hourglassing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3x, BTW the MeterBerryStubReset module DOES NOT get deleted when you uninstall MeterBerry so I've been manually deleting that as well. I have no clue where the Trusted Application list is and how to edit it after the fact. Is this a bug or is there something else I can try?
    06-10-09 08:13 PM
    Thanks for the description GC! Any chance of a version update with user defined threshold for colored icons?
    06-10-09 08:23 PM
    Im running the .148/.151/5.0 hybrid and I just purchased Meterberry today. Everything works except the reset device button. It tells me that MeterBerryResetStub has been denied Cross Application Communication permission. I've set the default permissions to allow for all, I've even gone into the Modules to locate the MeterBerryResetStub and granted allow to everything for that as well. Still doesn't work. The first time I installed it, I tried the reset device and it prompted with the "Trust Application" Yes or No prompt and I mistakenly hit no because the device was lagging and hourglassing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3x, BTW the MeterBerryStubReset module DOES NOT get deleted when you uninstall MeterBerry so I've been manually deleting that as well. I have no clue where the Trusted Application list is and how to edit it after the fact. Is this a bug or is there something else I can try?
    This is answered in the MeterBerry FAQ.

Are you sure you're setting the default permissions to Allow? Are you on BES? If so, your IT policy may be blocking them.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 06-11-09 at 12:50 PM.
    06-11-09 12:30 PM
    Yes, Default Permissions are set to allow everything, I am on the BES but I'm the admin and nothing is blocking these permissions. Maybe it has to do with the 5.0 files from the Hybrid? This is a real deal killer for me, the main reason I bought it was to be able to reset without pulling off the case. Any additional insight would be appreciated. I think it has to do with the Trust Applications that I mistakely hit no too. Do you know where this list is maintained. All my other 3rd party apps are in Bold face font in the Applications list but Meterberry is not....
    06-11-09 01:55 PM
    Thanks for the description GC! Any chance of a version update with user defined threshold for colored icons?
    +1 +1 +1 Been waiting for this too!!!! Any chance it's comming soon ???
    06-11-09 03:06 PM
    Yes, Default Permissions are set to allow everything, I am on the BES but I'm the admin and nothing is blocking these permissions. Maybe it has to do with the 5.0 files from the Hybrid? This is a real deal killer for me, the main reason I bought it was to be able to reset without pulling off the case. Any additional insight would be appreciated. I think it has to do with the Trust Applications that I mistakely hit no too. Do you know where this list is maintained. All my other 3rd party apps are in Bold face font in the Applications list but Meterberry is not....
    Hybrids have caused a lot of problems with third party applications, so it may very well be that.

If you go to Options -> Security Options -> Application Permissions, press the Blackberry key, and select Edit Default Permissions, are you only setting the three high level drop-down boxes to Allow? I would check each individual permission and seeing if any of them have ONLY a choice of Deny. I had another customer who was also a BES administrator and was sure that the IT policy wasn't blocking any permissions, but it turned out there was an old policy "stuck" on his phone and he had to clear it and reload a new one.

But, if all of the permissions have a choice of Allow, it probably is due to your hybrid OS.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 06-11-09 at 03:58 PM.
    06-11-09 03:55 PM
    Just started using Meterberry and I really love it.

That being said, I am getting two strange messages that I haven't seen since I had Quickpull installed:

1. Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error

2. Unable to reset device.
    Error code: 4

All of my permissions are set to allow and my compatibility mode is disabled. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Barry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 11:30 PM
    Bump to answer this question above...
    07-04-09 09:32 AM
    A Java error usually indicates you are using a hybrid OS or something has become corrupted.

Are you using a hybrid OS?

And have you tried to uninstall, reboot by removing the battery, and reinstall? It is important to do real battery pull after uninstalling.

Also, if you have a question please email us at [email protected]. We do try to monitor the forums but they move very fast and we can't catch every post.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 07-04-09 at 02:21 PM.
    07-04-09 02:04 PM
    A Java error usually indicates you are using a hybrid OS or something has become corrupted.

Are you using a hybrid OS?

And have you tried to uninstall, reboot by removing the battery, and reinstall? It is important to do real battery pull after uninstalling.

Also, if you have a question please email us at [email protected]. We do try to monitor the forums but they move very fast and we can't catch every post.
    I am running the standard official .148 Verizon OS. I uninstalled Meterberry and reinstalled and it seemed to work (for the most part). This morning it reset the device, but had another error message that I needed to OK. It was something along the line of java error illegal argument (something like this).

Thanks for the response,

Barry
    07-04-09 08:35 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I was running just fine on .148 and then updated to .151, reinstalled meterberry and I keep getting errors. first I was getting the cross application issue and then once I set the default permissions I'm getting the java error. It was running fine on 148 this moning so I know it's not a change in our BES permissions.
    07-14-09 01:56 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD