I'm using Meterberry on my 9700 (love this program). I have it set to reboot the device every morning at 5 am. It does not reboot the device; instead, when I look at the device it has a message on the screen that says "attempt 1 of 5 to reboot the device." and gives me the option of clicking "reboot now" or "reboot later".

I have reset all the meterberry permissions to "allow", still doesn't work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I just looked at the actual "pop up" and it reads " The device is required to reset module installation or removal. Device inoperable for voice, data and 911 while rebooting. Notice 3 of 5."

Thanks
    Last edited by PhilipC; 12-10-09 at 10:26 AM.
    12-10-09 09:23 AM
    Is your device locked when have it set to reboot? If it is, you will need another app that can take it out of lock-mode so that Meterberry can initiate a reboot.

There was a thread on the unlocker application somewhere on here because someone needed to do the same thing with Quickpull (Which has the same issues if the device is scheduled to reboot at a certain time bit is locked).

Dm
    12-10-09 10:59 AM
    Device needs to be unlocked and unholstered for a reboot. Same thing happens with Quickpull too.
    12-10-09 12:51 PM
    Does standby affect it too? I have the exact same problem (and one more) with MeterBerry and now that I think of it, I can't remember whether I put it on lock or standby on my cradle before I sleep!
    01-04-10 11:13 PM
    My Tour shows the same messages but it reboots anyway after a few seconds. Are you saying that your Bold NEVER reboots? It just sits there even if you leave it alone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 11:24 PM
    sorry for the necropost but I have this same problem on my Tour. Mode 3 gives me a notification that the phone must be reset and that I won't be able to make 911 calls. It just sits there forever unless I say "ok." I'm trying other modes now.
    01-11-12 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD