MeterBerry, the immensely popular system information utility for the Storm, is now available for the Tour in version 1.5.2.

-------------------------------------------------

Features:

Customizable, Dynamic Home Screen Icons
    Keep tabs on your battery, memory, or device status right on your home screen.

Note: the Storm displays icon text below each icon, the Tour displays icon text when highlighting an icon.

Customizable Battery and Memory Notifications
    MeterBerry will notify you when your battery level or free memory drops below the thresholds you specify.
    Notification sounds, LED, and vibrate behavior are all customizable through the phone's standard Profiles application.

Logging
    MeterBerry keeps logs of how your battery level, free memory, signal strength, and device temperature change over time, allowing you to detect a failing battery, monitor how 3rd party applications or OS's affect your battery life, memory, or signal strength, find areas or times of the day where your signal strength drops, determine if your phone is overheating, and more.

Soft Reset (Battery Pull) Functionality
    Reset your device by simulating a battery pull any time you want.
    Or, schedule a reset to be performed automatically daily at a specific time.

Memory Recovery
    Initiate the Java garbage collector to free up application memory on-demand, when you receive a low memory notification, or hourly when your phone is idle.

Event Log Management
    View the system Event Log to troubleshoot application or operating system problems.
    Clear the event log hourly when your phone is idle to free up application memory.

Device Statistics
    MeterBerry calculates the average battery discharge rate, change in free memory since startup, time since the last reset, and more.

Small Footprint
    MeterBerry is only ~180 KB in size when installed. And its run-time footprint is even smaller.

Lifetime Free Upgrades
    MeterBerry is constantly being updated with new features. All updates will be free to existing customers. Forever.

Unparalled Support
    E-mail us at [email protected] with any problems, questions, comments, or suggestions. We will answer.

-------------------------------------------------

Check out all the details, along with FAQs at the MeterBerry website.

Purchase MeterBerry for a steal, only $3.95!

No other program even comes close to offering MeterBerry's bang for the buck.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 11-20-09 at 08:50 AM.
    08-23-09 09:07 PM
    How long has your app been in Beta for 9630?
    08-23-09 09:24 PM
    How long has your app been in Beta for 9630?
    About three weeks. MeterBerry for the Storm is a very well established and mature application. The Tour runs the same base OS as the Storm (v4.7), so adding Tour compatibility required only a few minor changes.
    08-24-09 08:22 AM
    I've been using this app on my tour since I got it. Most useful app I've purchased so far. I download and install a lot of things, first thing I do after installing anything new is watch my meterberry logs for battery or memory issues.

Only thing that would make this app even better is the option to have different battery meter icons since it sometimes sticks out like a sore thumb on some themes.

Thank you for the tour updates!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by irony747; 08-24-09 at 08:44 AM.
    08-24-09 08:40 AM
    I think I am going to have to give this one a try. For $3 it seems to have a lot of useful features. Testing memory leaks seems to be the most appealing to me though.
    08-24-09 08:47 AM
    It's a good app. I use it to check my avg battery usage, and check for memory leak issues. Just for these 2 features its worth the $3 for me. The logging is pretty useful too.
    08-24-09 09:20 AM
    Thanks, decided to buy it.
    08-24-09 10:41 AM
    Great news...just purchased!
    08-24-09 10:45 AM
    Just curious if you are working on a version for the curve 8900. I definitely could use an application like this. Thanks.
    08-24-09 11:13 AM
    This might be a dumb question but...

what is the best way to get this app onto my tour? should i just visit the mobihand link at the bottom of the first post on my phone? or is it better to use a computer to buy/download it and then use the desktop manager software or something to get it on my tour?
    08-24-09 11:19 AM
    This might be a dumb question but...

what is the best way to get this app onto my tour? should i just visit the mobihand link at the bottom of the first post on my phone? or is it better to use a computer to buy/download it and then use the desktop manager software or something to get it on my tour?

I bought it from mobihand.com on my computer and then just clicked the OTA link on my BB. easy as pie.

This was a nice time to use my discount/credit from mobihand. got it for 2.25. sweetness
    08-24-09 11:56 AM
    I've been using MeterBerry since I got my Tour, I love the application, very handy and very cool...
    08-24-09 12:00 PM
    I bought it from mobihand.com on my computer and then just clicked the OTA link on my BB. easy as pie.

This was a nice time to use my discount/credit from mobihand. got it for 2.25. sweetness
    thanks. I havent paid for an app before and i wasnt sure about how it would work. didnt know they would jsut give you a link after you pay for it from your computer. thanks again, im going to buy this app now
    08-24-09 01:16 PM
    any chance that the tour version will be able to display the information right below the icon like the storm version?
    12-30-09 03:07 AM
    I just got it too. Seems really useful! I would like to see the number below the icon too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 04:03 AM
    I love this app also,, I bought it the day after the Tour along with BerryWeather and Quicklaunch. Seems like Rim would make these OEM standard apps on all their devices, but better not push them too hard..lol.
    12-30-09 05:44 AM
    stable with 4.7....

what about unofficial OS 5.0
    also, what about with hybrids?
    12-30-09 02:44 PM
    stable with 4.7....

what about unofficial OS 5.0
    also, what about with hybrids?
    Been running this application on my Tour with 5.0.0.303/50v7.16/.191 radio for a while now with no issues whatsoever.
    12-30-09 02:49 PM
    Been running this application on my Tour with 5.0.0.303/50v7.16/.191 radio for a while now with no issues whatsoever.
    thanks, really appreciate it
    12-30-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD