MeterBe, formally MeterBerry, is now available in BlackBerry App World. A name change was required as BlackBerry doesn't allow "berry" in the name of any app. It includes performance optimizations, bug fixes, and a few new features.

My sincere apologies for this taking so long to get moved to App World after the demise of Mobihand. We have a new baby and I just didn't have the time to move it. The approval process took a long time due to the number of devices this is compatible with and the complexity of some of MeterBe's features like device resets.

Previous Mobihand customers - unfortunately I have no way to move prior purchases into App World. The only alternative would be for me to host MeterBe for sale myself and provide a discount for prior purchases. But this would require a lot of infrastructure to reliably validate legitimate, prior purchases. I'm not even sure if it could be done as a lot of it would be a manual process because people change their email addresses, etc. I have a huge number of prior customers and it would be a logistical nightmare. I'm continuing to look into this, but can't promise anything.

I never once charged a penny for any app update over four years, so I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for another $4 dollars for continued updates and support. But I'm sure some will disagree with this, and I can certainly respect that.

App World link:
    BlackBerry World - MeterBe

As usual FAQs, change log, etc. are here:
    MeterBe for BlackBerry Smartphones

Any questions let me know. But please be patient, because I suspect I am going to get a huge number of emails as a result of this.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 03-27-13 at 02:58 PM.
    03-27-13 09:24 AM
    I went ahead and bought it again
    Thanks
    03-27-13 02:04 PM
    this is for legacy OS correct?
    03-27-13 02:32 PM
    this is for legacy OS correct?
    Correct. Everything prior to 10. Working on 10 support now.
    Emmanuel Malho and Elite1 like this.
    03-27-13 02:35 PM
    Will registration codes issued in the time of Mobihand still work with this version?
    03-27-13 03:03 PM
    To be honest, for almost 3years i used your app illegally (sorry) since back then i cant make a purchase (dont have paypal, dont have Creditcard)

But since i can purchase app in AppWorld using my Carriers (Indosat) billing, let me redeem my sin by purchasing your app rite....now.....done

The best system monitor app i had in my curve/bold/tour/torch

03-29-13 05:21 AM
    This is the best app for the BlackBerry thanks a lot for bringing it back! Just purchased it again and don't mind paying even more than what you charge

3.99 is a steal for this awesome utility
    03-29-13 11:53 AM
    Hi there.

I purchased meterberry a few years ago and was lucky to have backed up the cod file and the reg code for future os reloads. I purchased the new one and ran into a problem i wanted to bring to your attention.

I deleted the old one and installed the new one from App World and noticed an immediate battery drain. on the v2.5 my ADR was around 4% but withe new one it shot up to 11.2%.

hope that you can shed some light on this issue because i would love to use the new one. I since went back to v2.5 and ADR is back to normal.

Please help
    thanx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-29-13 01:18 PM
    Hi there.

I purchased meterberry a few years ago and was lucky to have backed up the cod file and the reg code for future os reloads. I purchased the new one and ran into a problem i wanted to bring to your attention.

I deleted the old one and installed the new one from App World and noticed an immediate battery drain. on the v2.5 my ADR was around 4% but withe new one it shot up to 11.2%.

hope that you can shed some light on this issue because i would love to use the new one. I since went back to v2.5 and ADR is back to normal.

Please help
    thanx

How long did you give the new version a chance? The average battery drain is a calculation over time, and the longer you give it the more accurate it will be. There is a lot of caching, etc. that goes on with a new app so that may what you were seeing.
    03-29-13 03:17 PM
    I had version 2.5.0 of Meterberry on my phone, and installed the AppWorld version of MeterBe on top of it. It seemed to install OK, but MeterBe could not start due to a duplicate symbol error. I uninstalled Meterberry, rebooted, and MeterBe was happy. It even picked up the MeterBerry options. Like other posters, I did not feel offended by being asked to pay again after all these years.
    03-29-13 04:19 PM
    I had version 2.5.0 of Meterberry on my phone, and installed the AppWorld version of MeterBe on top of it. It seemed to install OK, but MeterBe could not start due to a duplicate symbol error. I uninstalled Meterberry, rebooted, and MeterBe was happy. It even picked up the MeterBerry options. Like other posters, I did not feel offended by being asked to pay again after all these years.
    can you upload your MeterBe app .cod file?
    THanks!
    03-30-13 01:04 PM
    can you upload your MeterBe app .cod file?
    THanks!
    This tends to encourage / enable piracy so I ask people not to do it. If you previously purchased MeterBerry please contact me at [email protected].
    DaFoxGrey, Legal Eagle and son_91 like this.
    03-30-13 03:30 PM
    How long did you give the new version a chance? The average battery drain is a calculation over time, and the longer you give it the more accurate it will be. There is a lot of caching, etc. that goes on with a new app so that may what you were seeing.
    Ok, so I went and gave the new version another chance and a long run with the same results. with 2.6 the ADR was 12.1% compared to v2.5 with 3-4%.

I even reloaded the os to see if that would make adifference and it did not. Now I am back on 2.5 with a ADR of 2.6%. Nothing else has changed on the phone except Meterberry.

So I do think that there is somethibg in v2.6 that causes the drain.

Hope it gets addressed soon seeing that I paid twice for this app.

Thanx

03-31-13 07:28 AM
    Can not install from AppWorld - error please try again later
    04-01-13 08:53 AM
    Something weird going on in App World with the update I pushed out... I'm looking into it.
    04-01-13 09:28 AM

+1
    04-01-13 04:53 PM
    same here, error while trying to update to ver 2.6.1

please fix it, GC
    04-01-13 08:24 PM
    It seems like the update to App World got corrupted, yet, RIM still approved it. Strange. I fixed it, but they have to reapprove the update. Sigh.

Sorry for the trouble.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    04-01-13 09:35 PM
    This is very bad and frustrating!! still cannot install it I have just reinstalled my OS and can't install Meter Be no more it fails at 125 kb of the download from appworld
    04-02-13 04:55 AM
    Excellent News that this app is now in Blackberry World.

What are the updates since 2.5.

Anything we would notice or just coding?
    04-02-13 07:34 AM
    Excellent News that this app is now in Blackberry World.

What are the updates since 2.5.

Anything we would notice or just coding?
    The updates are listed in the App World description as well as in the change log on MeterBerry.com:

- Move to Blackberry App World, renamed MeterBe
    - Lots of optimizations to reduce runtime footprint and improve performance, including more reliable device resets
    - Added more options for low memory notification
    - Added new banner indicator option for memory change since startup
    - Fixed bug with log #3 on newer devices
    - Fixed small font problem
    04-02-13 07:52 AM
    yeah but I cant download it the AppWorld download is still corrupted
    04-02-13 04:11 PM
    yeah but I cant download it the AppWorld download is still corrupted
    As I explained above, the current version in App World is corrupted, yet RIM still approved it but didn't notify me. I fixed it and submitted the update, but RIM needs to reapprove it.
    04-02-13 08:38 PM
    Does this new version fix the BES error message upon booting the phone?
    04-02-13 11:58 PM
    Does this new version fix the BES error message upon booting the phone?
    What BES error message??? Your post is the first time anyone has mentioned that. If you are having any problems please report them to [email protected]. I can't fix anything I don't know about.
    04-03-13 05:50 AM
42 12