View Poll Results: MeterBerry & MemoryUp Pro together on Storm, what should I do ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep MeterBerry

9 81.82%
  • Keep MemoryUp Pro

0 0%
  • Try another Memory App

0 0%
  • Keep Both

2 18.18%
  • Remove All

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I have both MeterBerry & MemoryUp Pro running on my Storm but still have memory issues. Should i just run one and delete the other?
    Which one should i keep? Or should i try another memory application altogether ???
    05-10-09 09:51 AM
    Keep meterberry. Pro is a hack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 09:56 AM
    Well, MeterBerry isn't designed to save memory, it helps you monitor it. There's a free up memory feature now but it's not really the main focus.
    05-10-09 10:05 AM
    MemoryUp Pro has a Quick Boost feature which actually Defrags and recovers the RAM.
    I don't know if i should be running both the memory apps together !
    05-10-09 10:11 AM
    i run both of them together, altho after shelling out $15 for Pro im debating if it was worth it? Meterberry is a solid app AND i noticed upon purchase that Pro is available on a yearly subscription. seriously wanting me to pay 15 bucks a year for this app? I dont think so.

I noticed also my max. avaialble memory on startup dropped (altho, it could be from other apps that ive downloaded) it was about 50mgs a month ago, now its at 40...I cant really detect which one app is responsible for this but I do notice hints of lower mem after installing Pro. Tho together they should work fine since Pro is about the RAM anyway..
    05-10-09 12:23 PM
    I had MemoryupPro, but didn't work for me. I was refunded my money.
    05-10-09 03:20 PM
    As was mentioned, MeterBerry's main purpose is not to recover memory. The Blackberry OS manages memory internally and recovers it with the Java garbage collector. Applications that are designed entirely around "boosting" memory can't really do much, because the OS knows more about memory management than any third party application ever can.

This is why MeterBerry gives you tools to see how memory is being used by the OS and applications. Tools that allow you to find memory problems. It does have a "Recover Memory" feature, but this only invokes the Java garbage collector, which some people benefit from doing explicitly.

Asking if you should keep MeterBerry or another memory "boosting" application is like asking whether you should keep the hardware store or a hammer when you're building a house. In my opinion of course.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 05-10-09 at 03:38 PM.
    05-10-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD