The OS is using the 0.3 on power up.

Don't like it? Wait for an OS upgrade or remove some garbage.

Meterberry is just reporting the info that the api is providing. Blame RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL trust me there is no garbage on this. The closest thing I have to garbage is MeterBerry (and I love it, so it's not garbage)! The next thing to remove would be BB Messenger, but I lose the .3 mb with or without that. And considering my OS runs around 60 mb (63-64 mb max) of free memory, I would be more than willing to say that this is an issue of having (any) garbage whatsoever on my phone, I've yet to see anyone post numbers that high at any point.

And I do understand that MeterBerry is just making calls and displaying data, and once again I am NOT complaining about MeterBerry. I am looking for an explanation (out of pure curiosity) as to why MY SPECIFIC DEVICE LOSES .3 MB AT BOOT CONSISTENTLY, when nobody else has yet confirmed that their device loses .3 mb on EVERY single boot (or even loses the same amount each boot). The only other information we have on the subject is that GC's boot memory changes instantly as reported by his app, but at RANDOM rates, for each boot up, and sometimes none at all.

Does anyone else have anything valuable to contribute? GC, I'm counting on you ...although it's really no issue if this ends here!
    04-28-09 06:04 PM
    Mine always goes -.2 to -.3 on every boot also.

(this has to be one of the most useless conversations ever LOL)
    04-28-09 06:11 PM
    I wonder if it's a bug with .132. My meterberry home icon has been showing 48.2 for past 2 hours (which I don't mind), but when I do into options, my memory was between 43-46???? It started happening today.
    04-28-09 06:12 PM
    I wonder if it's a bug with .132. My meterberry home icon has been showing 48.2 for past 2 hours (which I don't mind), but when I do into options, my memory was between 43-46???? It started happening today.
    What does the main MeterBerry screen show?

I think it is a bug in .132.

I barely heard a peep out of anyone regarding their icon getting "stuck" until .132 started showing up.
    04-28-09 06:15 PM
    Does anyone else have anything valuable to contribute? GC, I'm counting on you ...although it's really no issue if this ends here!
    To be completely honest, I don't gather these types of metrics.
    04-28-09 06:16 PM
    Mine always goes -.2 to -.3 on every boot also.

(this has to be one of the most useless conversations ever LOL)
    I agree 110%

04-28-09 06:23 PM
    Lol ok guys, I get it - I know it was a trivial point, but just something that caught my interest. Wasn't complaining or looking for a fix or something, just wondering if all of them did it.

Anyway, I am on a 132 hybrid right now. My icon is not frozen. Just updated as I'm typing this, in fact. So not sure what the deal is.

And as a side note, sorry for being curious guys.
    04-28-09 06:26 PM
    What does the main MeterBerry screen show?

I think it is a bug in .132.

I barely heard a peep out of anyone regarding their icon getting "stuck" until .132 started showing up.
    It's showing 48.2 and it's been like that for past 2+ hours.
    04-28-09 06:31 PM
    It's showing 48.2 and it's been like that for past 2+ hours.
    Interesting. So the icon and status screen are both "stuck" on the same number.

Sounds like an OS bug. MeterBerry just calls an API and prints the number to the screen.
    04-28-09 06:36 PM
    Well, FWIW, I' on 132. I have it shrunk down pretty small, and I am running a few 5.0 files on it. I don't have this problem one bit.
    04-28-09 06:38 PM
    Interesting. So the icon and status screen are both "stuck" on the same number.

Sounds like an OS bug. MeterBerry just calls an API and prints the number to the screen.
    When I click on the icon and the white screen comes up with the usages, that one shows correct. btw, is that the status screen that you are referring to? If yes, then just the icon is frozen. This never happened before, so must be an OS thing.
    04-28-09 06:38 PM
    When I click on the icon and the white screen comes up with the usages, that one shows correct. btw, is that the status screen that you are referring to? If yes, then just the icon is frozen. This never happened before, so must be an OS thing.
    Sorry, yes, this is MeterBerry's "status" screen:

04-28-09 06:44 PM
    I would never lie to you. You are beautiful.
    Aww thanks you're so sweet

04-28-09 06:50 PM
    Haha you're funny..
    oops, my fault. I thought I logged in to crackberry, but I guess this is eharmony.
    04-28-09 06:53 PM

<snip>

And Rockee, thanks for the attempted response. Not sure if you were trying to sound pompous, but if so, I recommend against doing that in the future. It will eventually bite you in the b*tt when you're wrong; then you'll feel dumb.

again, if you weren't trying to sound like it was a dumb question, my apologies for misunderstanding your tone...

Thanks to all who have any insight on this problem (without scoffing at the question, assuming that I know nothing).
    Apology accepted.

04-28-09 06:57 PM
    FWIW - I am running a slimmed down version of .132 and my icon works fine, also MeterBerry seems very accurate to me...

I am running 34 Third Party Apps (yes I said 34 ) and 10 Launchers. My memory starts out at 39.0MB +/- and drops .2 - 2.2MB or so within the first 30 minures. I run WeatherBug and TalkLock (free ver.) & my memory stays between 25 MB - 35 MB all day with medium to heavy usage. Memory in my logs (set to every 30 minutes) usually seems to reflect my usage for that time period.

I have MeterBerry do a reboot every morning at 4:45 am and and this thing runs like greased lightning!!!
    04-28-09 07:07 PM
    FWIW - I am running a slimmed down version of .132 and my icon works fine, also MeterBerry seems very accurate to me...

I am running 34 Third Party Apps (yes I said 34 ) and 10 Launchers. My memory starts out at 39.0MB +/- and drops .2 - 2.2MB or so within the first 30 minures. I run WeatherBug and TalkLock (free ver.) & my memory stays between 25 MB - 35 MB all day with medium to heavy usage. Memory in my logs (set to every 30 minutes) usually seems to reflect my usage for that time period.

I have MeterBerry do a reboot every morning at 4:45 am and and this thing runs like greased lightning!!!
    Yeah, that's what's making me think it's not a 132 issue. You and I are both having success with it on .132.....

Could it be a conflicting third party app that is locking it up?
    04-28-09 07:27 PM
    I don't understand why the Storm was design with a small amount of Application memory when the device memory is a large value and we are hardly using it.
    04-28-09 08:25 PM
    Hay, stand in line bub! This is my thread remember!
    haha you guys make me laugh
    04-29-09 12:11 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD