So I keep getting an error code 5 every time I want to reset the device.
    Before this problem hasn't shoen itself but all of a sudden when I looked this morning to type in my pin, my device wasn't resetted.
    What now?
    Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 12:42 AM
    I don't know if you've tried this, but have you tried the secondary reset mode? I believe there is reset mode 1 and 2. The directions state that reset mode 1 should be good for most devices; however if this does not work change to reset mode 2, and see if this helps.
    02-01-10 01:18 AM
    Ok I will try mode 2.
    Will report back.
    02-01-10 03:40 AM
    Questions answered from the developer Giant Cashew (found them by doing a "search")

Q: When trying to perform a soft-reset, I get an error message saying that my device cannot be reset because another reset request has already been initiated?

A: This can occur if you pressed "REBOOT LATER" when prompted by another application or the operating system to reboot your phone. It is not possible for MeterBerry to reboot your phone in this scenario. You should be prompted again soon by the operating system to reboot. If not, or if you do not wish to wait, you can reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Q: I see an Error Code 4 and/or a "MeterBerryResetStub has been denied the "Cross Application Communication" permission" error message when I try to do a soft-reset?

A: There are two potential causes of this error message:

Cause #1: MeterBerry requires that the default value for the Cross Application Communication permission be set to "Allow". To do so:

1. In OS 4.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. In OS 5.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Applications.
    2. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Default Permissions". Make sure to choose the default permissions, not "Edit Permissions".
    3. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    4. Set the "Cross Application Communication" permission to "Allow".
    5. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    6. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Cause #2: RIM introduced a bug in some of the leaked 4.X OS's which has carried over into official OS releases by some carriers. If you see this error message, change to a different Reset Mode by performing the following:

1. Open MeterBerry and from the menu select Options.
    2. Scroll to the Device section at the bottom of the screen.
    3. If Reset Mode is set to 1, change it to 2. If Reset Mode is set to 2, change it to 1.
    4. From the menu select Save.

Q: When trying to perform a soft-reset, I see a message that MeterBerry is attempting to reset the Security Timer. It asks me to Allow or Deny.

A: MeterBerry does not need to reset the security timer to perform a soft-reset, but the OS thinks it does. If you see this message, you most likely have the Security Timer Reset permission set to Prompt. To change this:

1. In OS 4.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. In OS 5.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Applications.
    2. Highlight (don't click) MeterBerry.
    3. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Permissions".
    4. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    5. Set the "Security Timer Reset" permission to "Deny".
    6. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    7. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Q: I get an "Error Code: 5" message when trying to perform a soft-reset?

A: This is usually caused by the Security Timer Reset permission being set to Prompt, which interferes with the reset timing. Follow the instructions above to set it to Deny.
    02-01-10 05:33 AM
    I don't know if you've tried this, but have you tried the secondary reset mode? I believe there is reset mode 1 and 2. The directions state that reset mode 1 should be good for most devices; however if this does not work change to reset mode 2, and see if this helps.
    Error code changes to 4 and the program says change reset mode aka back to 1.
    02-01-10 06:52 AM
    I just reinstalled the program.
    02-01-10 07:36 AM
    I just reinstalled the program.
    Glad you're up and running again!
    02-01-10 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD