I've just purchased it for my 9900 and the indicator picture always shows 99+ and a green icon. If I look at the icon in my folder its a different colour and shows -10MB. Any ideas why the notification icon doesn't change?

In options I have selected Banner Icon as free memory and to show mem change since startup which is -20MB and -5MB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 06:01 AM
    ive found that like 90% of applications for BB, meteberry is just one more that doesnt work right on os7.

0s7 is great as long as you dont run any applications, and just use bbm and the phone
    10-08-11 12:19 PM
    Meterberry works very well, I don't use it, rather get my battery readings from SixTools.
    10-08-11 12:22 PM
    It always shows 99+ and I'm not sure what it means. I use Battery Watch for the battery level, wanted this for memory.

10-08-11 02:31 PM
    It always shows 99+ and I'm not sure what it means. I use Battery Watch for the battery level, wanted this for memory.

Oh... you mean the memory reads 99+ all the time? That's because may be Meterberry can't indicate memory more than 100 MB?

Your Bold 99xxs have more than 100 MB memory, but old Blackberries had only up to about 100 MB. I don't know what's going on, but that's one thing I can think of!
    jaknife likes this.
    10-08-11 02:40 PM
    ive found that like 90% of applications for BB, meteberry is just one more that doesnt work right on os7.

0s7 is great as long as you dont run any applications, and just use bbm and the phone
    Oh go away lol...im running about 20 odd apps on my 9900 and they all run perfectly fine even meterberry.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    10-08-11 02:49 PM
    Meterberry works perfectly for me.
    Contact the developers...they do come back to you.
    Delete and reinstall....this can be a pain in the neck sometimes.
    Note: I have a 9810.
    10-08-11 04:22 PM
    Materberry seems to have been working fine foe me and still does since I installed it over to my new 9930.

I have not seen anything weird with it any different than how it worked on my Tour to now.
    10-08-11 04:37 PM

Hmmm.... Strange but every app I have downloaded for OS7 works perfectly

I smell something
    10-08-11 05:11 PM
    I have MeterBerry and Battery Saver. Are those apps redundant?
    10-08-11 11:59 PM
    Oh... you mean the memory reads 99+ all the time? That's because may be Meterberry can't indicate memory more than 100 MB?

Your Bold 99xxs have more than 100 MB memory, but old Blackberries had only up to about 100 MB. I don't know what's going on, but that's one thing I can think of!
    ^^^ right!!!!!!
    10-09-11 12:08 AM
    Look into the BlackBerry menu options for Meterberry and you will be able to customize it.

10-09-11 12:18 AM
    I think mss-ca was right, it cannot display how much memory you have if it is over 100 so shows 99+.

Does seem to be working correctly just not showing what I thought it would.
    10-09-11 04:24 AM
    ...yes and yes (!) Meterberry works just fine on the 9900 and it does show 99+ when it means 100%. Similarly, all the other available apps I had on previous BB's are also working fine on the 9900, as well as one or two that are listed as not compatible.
    Just wish that RIM would hurry up and release the Theme Builder...what exactly is the hold-up w/ that??
    AxKxB likes this.
    10-09-11 04:43 AM
    ...yes and yes (!) Meterberry works just fine on the 9900 and it does show 99+ when it means 100%. Similarly, all the other available apps I had on previous BB's are also working fine on the 9900, as well as one or two that are listed as not compatible.
    Just wish that RIM would hurry up and release the Theme Builder...what exactly is the hold-up w/ that??
    When it comes to quickly monitoring memory changes 99+ won't cut it. We need to see that 182 MB so drop to 150 MB so right on the mortification area. Therefore NO, not all functions of Meterberry App works with Bold 99xx. No, the Meterberry app is not properly updated to handle Bold 99xx OS 7. Some users may not need this, but I do since I run leaked OS version on my phone all the time. I should not have to open the app to see how much memory I am losing.

If an app cannot provide the features 100% not because of user configurations (such as data plans, blocked by BES, etc) but because of app itself doesn't have the code to run it, it is not working as advertised.
    10-09-11 06:41 PM
    When it comes to quickly monitoring memory changes 99+ won't cut it. We need to see that 182 MB so drop to 150 MB so right on the mortification area. Therefore NO, not all functions of Meterberry App works with Bold 99xx. No, the Meterberry app is not properly updated to handle Bold 99xx OS 7. Some users may not need this, but I do since I run leaked OS version on my phone all the time. I should not have to open the app to see how much memory I am losing.

If an app cannot provide the features 100% not because of user configurations (such as data plans, blocked by BES, etc) but because of app itself doesn't have the code to run it, it is not working as advertised.
    Why would you want to monitor memory change on a 9900? If you're losing 30+MB then you're obviously doing something seriously wrong!

Do you always run a leaked OS on your phone? You always seem to be running the stock OS. Anyway, what difference does that make? You make it sound like a leaked OS is supposed to leak memory. It doesn't, read and weep...

MeterBerry works fine on OS7 if you use it properly. Just don't expect it to do what it never promised to do.

10-09-11 07:15 PM
    I think the reason for my original question was that I was expecting the notification icon to show how much memory had been used since startup as per the options I had set but it always shows how much free memory is available thus the 99+. I actually find it a good application and use it to show my battery level on the notification now which is more useful.
    10-10-11 04:24 AM
    I have meterberry 2.5.0 installed on my Bold 9900.

I have noticed that some people have the battery, battery temp and memory icons in their notification bar on their home screen. I can only use one icon at a time, how do I activate all three??

10-18-11 07:11 PM
    Like this guy has all three icons on his desktop...

How do I do that?
    10-18-11 07:21 PM
    I don't think that temperature is the battery, I have that and it's a berryweather thing, the memory looks like meterberry but that battery level does not look like a meterberry icon, I wonder if that is a different app? Wrong thread, but I'd like to know how he got his weather up on the right hand side!
    Last edited by pinkvikchick; 10-18-11 at 11:07 PM.
    10-18-11 11:05 PM

Temp [52] = BerryWeather
    Green 'Chip' [99+] = MeterBerry
    Battery [91] = BatteryEX

Weather icon on top right: again BeWeather, using the Homescreen wallpaper option it offers.

Some more info on how to put them on your Homescreen

Hope this helps
    Last edited by akbarmecha; 10-18-11 at 11:39 PM.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    10-18-11 11:37 PM
    ahhhh! I feel so smart, I was right about the icons, and dumb, becuase I had read that was Beweather and DUH. You have BeWeather AND Berryweather? Meterberry AND BatteryEx? I feel like that is wrong, having two apps for kinda the same thing, but I'm sure they overlap.

It's like going to your freinds house and they get a HUGE bowl of icecream when your parents only gave you one scoop. I'm gonna do that TOO! (Apps, not the icecream!)...ok maybe the ice cream too.
    10-19-11 08:07 AM
    ahhhh! I feel so smart, I was right about the icons, and dumb, becuase I had read that was Beweather and DUH. You have BeWeather AND Berryweather? Meterberry AND BatteryEx? I feel like that is wrong, having two apps for kinda the same thing, but I'm sure they overlap.

It's like going to your freinds house and they get a HUGE bowl of icecream when your parents only gave you one scoop. I'm gonna do that TOO! (Apps, not the icecream!)...ok maybe the ice cream too.
    ... ...hahahahaha... ....
    10-19-11 08:28 AM
    BerryWeather/ BeWeather = Same, also buy...quickweather

Meterberry: precise info, BatteryEx: fun customization...

Love apps that provide true function/util and precise info, kinda addicted to buying em now since there are no themes to build or buy ATM.

N like steve just mentioned, the battery isn't all that you would really expect, so I try to keep the bare essentials :P (as per my needs)
    10-19-11 08:44 AM
    To answer your question, the APIs only allow 2 digits to be displayed next to an icon in the notification area. If attempting to display an integer with more than 2 digits, the phone will display 99+.
    10-26-11 09:29 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD