Well i just installed METERBERRY on my Storm 2 and just looking at it it says my battery has gone from 100% to 95% in a 30 min period WITHOUT use..Am i missing something or is this the way it works? Hmm not impressed my Moto Droid is about the same on its battery...

Iam using

Berry weather
    04-18-10 10:30 AM
    Let's look at it this way, how much would you expect it to go down in 30 minutes?

The battery probably doesn't have a linear discharge curve, so it may lose the most as a percentage at the top of its charge. 5% is 1/20th so that would mean you could expect 20 x 30 minutes = 600 minutes = 10 hours on a charge. I suspect it will be a little longer, but that's about a day's worth if the app is correct and the discharge is fairly linear. How long should a Storm 2 battery last?
    04-18-10 10:58 AM
    we cant tell you how you use your phone...10 hours of use isnt out of the question at all
    04-18-10 11:00 AM
    All i did was ask a question i know most folks have said they have had some battery issues with the .607..Just thought i would ask...hmm..
    04-18-10 11:02 AM
    All we did was answer. Hmm.

You're welcome
    04-18-10 11:15 AM
    Well i just installed METERBERRY on my Storm 2 and just looking at it it says my battery has gone from 100% to 95% in a 30 min period WITHOUT use..Am i missing something or is this the way it works? Hmm not impressed my Moto Droid is about the same on its battery...

Iam using

Berry weather
    My storm on the stock battery went down sometimes 10% in the first 10 minutes! I think that when it says it's 100% charged, and you unplug it right away, it's not really. Regardless, on the stock 1380/1400 mah battery I could get about 16-20 hours on GPRS / EDGE usage (hardcore BBM & email). I needed more so I got the 2600 mah battery. Well, worth it. I go a full 48 hours of usage before it does. that's like 3 days of middle usage or 4 days of light.

More: Is your battery calibrated? I've seen batteries that discharge REALLY fast and stay at 10-15% for hours with use. Also, don't believe it when it says it's 100% charged and unplug it, like I said before. It's strange. Either way, run the device down until it almost turns off, and see long the battery lasts. When I had the iphone the battery would go to 90% in a matter of minutes and then discharge normally (which was still crap battery life).
    04-18-10 11:18 AM
    Ok thanks not sure what's up with it. Thanks all......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 11:56 AM
    Hi, I have meterberry and have not noticed any change whatsoever in my battery, but Im using a 9700.
    04-18-10 12:12 PM
    Everybody runs their phones different. You said you are running Berry Weather. How often are you polling for weather updates? What is your screen brightness set to. Are you on Global or IXEV. Are there any other apps you may be using or have? All of these add up to battery discharge.
    For me, I'm getting about 13 to 16 hours before I want to charge it (not have to, but want to). I have quite a few apps running and use the phone for calls and emails moderately.
    Hope this helps.
    04-18-10 01:36 PM

Iam using

Berry weather
    Did you do a battery pull after installing MB? That uses a lot of battery power.
    04-18-10 02:28 PM
    On .607 I am getting 1 to 2%/hour battery drain just walking around (with minimal use).
    04-18-10 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD