I was wondering is meterberry really worth getting? I've read some of the reviews in the app store but it's hard to go by that as some are really good and some are really bad. Is it worth it to use on the blackberry tour or not. Any big issues with it? Any help would be appreciated
    01-09-10 12:44 PM
    I picked it up the last time it was on sale. I like it. It gives you a lot of information to help keep track of your memory and battery discharge rates. Plus, it will let you simulate a battery pull without having to remove your battery. Very nice app...
    01-09-10 12:48 PM
    If you experiment with hybrid OSs or beta apps, it is a good monitoring app for battery, memory, temperature, and signal strength.

It also gives you a good snapshot of the above and more.
    01-09-10 01:45 PM
    Its a must have app it monitors a lot of useful things for your blackberry it also have a soft reset feature and it monitors logs to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 02:58 PM
    An absolute must have app. You won't be sorry.

01-09-10 02:59 PM
    I wouldn't call it "must-have" but I still love it. Maybe if I had a device with a lower memory threshold it would be a little more must-have-ish for me.
    I'm a bit of a theme-w.h.o.r.e, and all of a sudden I was out hunting for double "weather-slot" themes do I could show MeterBerry and BerryWeather.

(By the way, absolute best 480x360 themes for this are Foppa 9 as it permanently shows the MeterBerry text and the new Reverie D2W.)

I too picked it up for 50% off right after they raised the price to $6 (current price, right?). That was only a few weeks back, so I wouldn't expect a sale again any time too soon.

Anyway very cool app for me, that I do recommend to anyone!

PS MB's reboot function doesn't seem to work for me on a 9700 with 5.0.0.344. Others say it does for them though…
    Doesn't bother as I have reboot functions in QuickLaunch and QuickPull plus 10 fingers to perform an actual battery pull!

01-09-10 04:43 PM

PS MB's reboot function doesn't seem to work for me on a 9700 with 5.0.0.344. Others say it does for them though…
    Doesn't bother as I have reboot functions in QuickLaunch and QuickPull plus 10 fingers to perform an actual battery pull!

Meterberry is on sale today, and I'm thinking of getting it. But here's my question:

Is there ANY app on a 9700 that can properly schedule a daily reboot? I want it to do it overnight so I don't have shut my phone down for 4-10 minutes during the day.

QuickPull Free? Tried it, but it doesn't work with 9700 (.405)
    MeterBerry? I'm hearing that the reboot doesn't work on 9700's

Is this true? Any other options?
    04-07-10 04:19 PM
    I don't know about it not working on your device but I use the scheduled reset on my MeterBerry with my Storm 2 with no problems.
    04-07-10 04:30 PM
    Meterberry is a good app one I will always look to keep on my berry. The reboot does work on my 9700 but I don't use the scheduled reboot, I use the manual.

04-07-10 05:38 PM
    Does it work well with the Leave it On app?
    04-07-10 07:30 PM
    Just bought it today, @ $2 i couldn't pass it up
    04-07-10 08:14 PM
    The thing is: right now, on Tours with one of the newer OS's, especially the most recent official release, the scheduled "soft reset" requires an additional approval by the user. Which is to say, it starts the soft reset and then asks you to confirm. This sucks and makes a scheduled overnight soft reset not possible (unless you happen to wake up).

Meterberry is aware of the change in the OS that resulted in this problem and are working on it.

it's a good app right now; when Meterberry fixes things, it'll be a great app.
    04-07-10 08:27 PM
    Just bought it today, @ $2 i couldn't pass it up
    Hey it's back to $4 reg, and $2 on sale!

I want my dollar back, charlatans!

04-07-10 08:31 PM
    Got it about an hour ago, very nice app and it does work well with Leave it On FYI.
    04-07-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD