On Bold 9900 the MeterBerry reads 99+ for the memory all the time on the notification area, but I think this is because the phone has more than 99 MB of memory. Is there way to fix this in the app so that it will display the right amount?

Thanks.
    12-15-11 03:21 PM
    On Bold 9900 the MeterBerry reads 99+ for the memory all the time on the notification area, but I think this is because the phone has more than 99 MB of memory. Is there way to fix this in the app so that it will display the right amount?

Thanks.
    No it's due to the space limitation for the icon in the notification area so anything 100 or above will only read as 99+
    mssca likes this.
    12-15-11 03:29 PM
    Doesn't the "99+" mean 100% Battery charged?

(Don't know for certain, just throwing it out there because other battery apps also show 99+ when fully charged).
    12-15-11 04:17 PM
    No it's due to the space limitation for the icon in the notification area so anything 100 or above will only read as 99+
    Thanks. The app developer can improve the app by giving an option to remove the icon and use that space for the memory values.
    12-15-11 04:19 PM
    Doesn't the "99+" mean 100% Battery charged?

(Don't know for certain, just throwing it out there because other battery apps also show 99+ when fully charged).
    Yes for the battery this means you have a full one. However, for memory it means that the total free RAM is over 99 MB which is useless because even with a memory leak Bold 9900 will show 99+. This wasn't an issue on Bold 9700 and so because the older models did not have a large capacity of memory.

99+ for memory is a useless indicator for Bold 9900 for sure.
    12-15-11 04:56 PM
    The app has not been updated since Sept. 2010 so I doubt you will see a newer version.

MeterBerry™ for BlackBerry® Smartphones
    12-15-11 05:04 PM
    The app has not been updated since Sept. 2010 so I doubt you will see a newer version.

MeterBerry™ for BlackBerry® Smartphones
    Actually, I am working on a new version right now.

The "99+" is an API limitation. It's not possible to display a number greater than 99. And, the icon is not optional. It must be displayed, so it's not possible to remove it to allow more text to be displayed.
    12-30-11 06:32 AM

The "99+" is an API limitation. It's not possible to display a number greater than 99. And, the icon is not optional. It must be displayed, so it's not possible to remove it to allow more text to be displayed.
    That's great news, thanks for the info!

The 99+ has never bothered me, and I figured it was an API limitation. It's the same with BerryWeather when the temperature goes above 100 degrees F, or is at zero degrees C.

The only issue I've been having with MeterBerry on the latest few 9900 OS versions, is the inability to change the Logging options. Not a biggie, but would be great if you could fix this in the new version.

Can't wait for the new release, and thanks again for such a great app
    12-30-11 07:52 AM
    Great......thank you.
    12-30-11 07:58 AM
    That's great news, thanks for the info!

The 99+ has never bothered me, and I figured it was an API limitation. It's the same with BerryWeather when the temperature goes above 100 degrees F, or is at zero degrees C.

The only issue I've been having with MeterBerry on the latest few 9900 OS versions, is the inability to change the Logging options. Not a biggie, but would be great if you could fix this in the new version.

Can't wait for the new release, and thanks again for such a great app
    Actually my BerryWeather worked just fine when the heat goes up in Oklahoma summers. It displays 109 degrees Fahrenheit just fine.
    12-30-11 08:34 AM
    Thanks so much! Any idea when the new version will be ready?
    12-30-11 09:18 AM

This is good news.
    12-30-11 10:08 AM
    Good news. And as ralfyguy mentioned, the logging options don't seem to work correctly. To duplicate, try to switch log 1 and log 2 around from the default -- it won't save, and one of those log options then will not save. Uninstalling and then reinstalling MeterBerry is then the only way to get both working again (and then you don't touch them, hehe).
    12-30-11 12:41 PM

That is GREAT news! This has been a 'must have' app for me ever since I first bought it!! I can't wait to see what the new version brings! Where will it be offered (given all the MH threads due to their payment issues...)?
    12-30-11 01:10 PM
    Any news on the timescale for the release of the new version ?

I hope that it will play nicely with OS7 !!!
    01-21-12 11:27 AM
    Any news on the timescale for the release of the new version ?

I hope that it will play nicely with OS7 !!!
    I emailed Giant Cashew (the developer) and they NEVER every reply!

Bad customer service for someone who wants to buy their new app and give them $$
    01-21-12 02:10 PM

Glad to hear it, as I love this app.

If you need beta testers let me know.

Intravenously expelled from my BlackBerry 9900 using mindcontrol.
    01-21-12 05:21 PM
    So what is the timeline for the new release? I mean I am looking forward to buy this app. Also a suggestion is that please make this app available on RIM's App World!
    02-20-12 12:29 PM
    I am waiting with great anticipation for the update.

Drawn from my mind by my fingers onto my 9900.
    02-20-12 02:35 PM

Hi Giant Cashew

What news on the new version of MeterBerry you were working on ???

Getting really frustrated that it doesn't play well with OS7 !!!
    02-25-12 08:21 AM

hey GC any word on the update for Meterberry for os7 ?
    thx
    04-24-12 07:16 PM
    Any news on an update yet?
    05-02-12 12:29 AM
    I sent Giant Cashew an email a few days ago about how his update for OS7 of MeterBerry is coming along. NO REPLY. Looks to me like the developer is no longer supporting his app.
    05-02-12 04:10 PM
    Hopefully he will read this and get back to us all.

Shame one of the best apps hasn't been updated for ages.
    05-03-12 07:17 AM
    Any word of an update.

Full of riboflavin goodness, ya hear.
    06-02-12 05:52 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD