04-12-10 11:43 AM
429 ... 15161718
tools
    Also, do you have official .328 or a hybrid. I have .328/.351 with Storm Today Plus Hidden Today. MB resets aren't working either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 08:10 PM
    Any chance you have QuickLaunch installed? Several pages back a few users reported that after installing QuickLaunch their MeterBerry reset stopped working.
    As FYI, I have QuickLaunch and MeterBerry installed, no problem with functionality of either.
    12-02-09 08:46 PM
    shaydlife, if I may ask, how do you have your permissions set up? Default or allow all on QL and MB?

Sorry, I'm all over the threads today. I have all permissions set to allow.
    12-02-09 08:55 PM
    I have both and my meterberry resets just fine as well as the quicklaunch resets, people really need to check their permissions.
    Can you explain why the error code 5 / 4 happen over night with no changes? You seems pretty smart with your eyes rolled. The default permission was never changes and I even had to wiped the phone with fresh new official OS from DM V 5.0.1.28. Now in order for me to make the meterberry application to reset the following Phone, Location Data, and Security Timer Reset have to set to Allow. I'm not the only one with this problem and with no changes.

12-06-09 10:19 AM
    Discovered an interesting feature today. I realized that I was losing memory at a pretty fast pace - pretty sure it's the Facebook app. Anyway, I had Meterberry recover memory and I lost 2MB. Waited a few minutes and had the same thing happen. I finally managed to "recover" my memory down to nothing.

Anybody else ever see this?
    12-08-09 07:42 PM
    I have noticed that the recover memory feature loses memory too. Its weird

12-08-09 07:59 PM
    Discovered an interesting feature today. I realized that I was losing memory at a pretty fast pace - pretty sure it's the Facebook app. Anyway, I had Meterberry recover memory and I lost 2MB. Waited a few minutes and had the same thing happen. I finally managed to "recover" my memory down to nothing.

Yep. Strange indeed.
    12-08-09 08:09 PM

Knowing how the garbage collector works, this is definitely possible if you have an application that is leaking memory.

Initiating the garbage collector performs an auto-commit from RAM to flash, so you should really use it sparingly.

See here for details:

MeterBerry‚„Ę for BlackBerry¬ģ Smartphones

Q: What does the Recover Memory button do? Why does it sometimes make my free memory decrease?

The Recover Memory button initiates the garbage collector programmatically. This corresponds with "System.GC() invocation" in the table below. As the table reveals, garbage collection is rather complex, and there is much more involved in the process than simply increasing the amount of free application memory. Initiating the garbage collector programmatically has different effects for different users depending on operating system version, third party applications, and settings. Some users benefit from doing so and some do not.

If the amount of free application memory decreases after pressing the Recover Memory button, it most likely is due to the "auto-commit" operation in the table below. This takes objects that were going to be moved from RAM to flash some time in the future and moves them immediately. The benefit of doing so is that this makes more RAM available for use by the system, which is much faster than flash. Remember that application memory is flash.

Also, even if the amount of free application memory stays the same after the garbage collector us run, it still most likely freed up RAM behind the scenes which should make the phone operate more smoothly.

Note: MeterBerry does not currently display RAM statistics because the amount of free RAM fluctuates up and down much more significantly than application memory as the phone is running, and doesn't give any real measure of what is going on in the system.

Note: It is recommended that the Recover Memory feature is used sparingly, as initiating the garbage collector excessively will not provide any added benefit and only consume battery life.

12-09-09 06:47 AM
    This is only with the leaked 5.0 OS's. This was fixed in 5.0.0.328.
    I'm running 5.0.0.328, and I'm having a similar issue. I have the program in a folder called "My Apps", which is on my home screen. No matter what my battery power actually is, the icon is stuck at 74%. Any thoughts on how I might fix this? Thanks!
    12-11-09 09:29 AM
    So, Cashew, if I read this correctly, for some users checking the option for MeterBerry to recover memory hourly is not a good thing?
    12-11-09 09:55 PM
    So, Cashew, if I read this correctly, for some users checking the option for MeterBerry to recover memory hourly is not a good thing?
    No, once an hour is fine. Hitting "Recover Memory" every 5 minutes is overkill.

You should experiment with what works best for your phone.
    12-12-09 01:16 PM
    I did a few searches in this thread on "events" but didn't find anything so I apologize if I missed the answer. (if already answered)

My battery and memory logs work fine, but I can't view my "events". I am running 2.0.3 on 5.0.0.328. I thought that maybe that events were supposed to be in log #3 that is set to "disable" but there is no drop down that says events.

Any idea to try would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt
    12-14-09 10:23 PM
    I did a few searches in this thread on "events" but didn't find anything so I apologize if I missed the answer. (if already answered)

My battery and memory logs work fine, but I can't view my "events". I am running 2.0.3 on 5.0.0.328. I thought that maybe that events were supposed to be in log #3 that is set to "disable" but there is no drop down that says events.

Any idea to try would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt
    Select "Log: Events" from the menu. Is that not working? What happens when you click it?
    12-15-09 06:08 AM
    Select "Log: Events" from the menu. Is that not working? What happens when you click it?
    When I click it, nothing happens. (kinda strange) It was doing it on 2.0.2 and when I upgraded to 2.0.3 it didn't change. I could remove it, reboot, and reinstall if you'd like. (later after I get out of work)
    12-15-09 08:36 AM
    Just wanted to quickly chime in and say that MB is probably one of my most favorite apps on my BB. Thanks for all of your hard work!
    12-15-09 11:16 AM
    I have v2.0.3 installed on my .328 and every time I try to reset device I get "unable to reset device.error code:5". What does it mean?
    12-15-09 08:43 PM
    When I click it, nothing happens. (kinda strange) It was doing it on 2.0.2 and when I upgraded to 2.0.3 it didn't change. I could remove it, reboot, and reinstall if you'd like. (later after I get out of work)
    So I just did a device wipe and reinstalled everything and the event viewer item is now working.

On a side note, is there any way to keep the app from asking about declining BES permissions? I'd like to not see this everytime I reboot.

Thanks
    Maj
    12-15-09 10:48 PM
    I am having trouble signing into the MobiHand acct to retrieve my license key. I have correctly entered my Crackberry acct info and it continues to tell me it is invalid. Any help Cashew?
    01-09-10 11:55 AM
    I am having trouble signing into the MobiHand acct to retrieve my license key. I have correctly entered my Crackberry acct info and it continues to tell me it is invalid. Any help Cashew?
    Have you tried the Forgot Password link here?

Smartphone - MobiHand Apps Store Account

Also, you can email me at help@meterberry.com and I can help you lookup your account.
    01-11-10 09:30 PM
    Have you tried the Forgot Password link here?

Smartphone - MobiHand Apps Store Account

Also, you can email me at help@meterberry.com and I can help you lookup your account.
    I can vouch for this as well. A few of my friends and I went through a different password everyday for about a week. Hit forgot password, they'll send you a new one. It's not you, it's something wrong on mobihand's end.
    01-11-10 09:57 PM
    Sorry if this was answered gone through a few pages. Just installed on my storm 2. The icon updates in the applications but doesn't update on the home screen. I'm finding this with a couple of applications that are supposed to update on a time basis. Can anyone help me

Thanks in advance
    01-20-10 07:36 AM
    Sorry if this was answered gone through a few pages. Just installed on my storm 2. The icon updates in the applications but doesn't update on the home screen. I'm finding this with a couple of applications that are supposed to update on a time basis. Can anyone help me

Thanks in advance
    its an OS bug
    01-20-10 09:58 AM
    Yep. you need to install a leaked OS or wait for an official upgrade.
    01-20-10 10:11 AM
    Doesn't it figure just when i got everything right on the storm 1 I need to wait for an OS that works again lol

Thanks
    01-20-10 10:55 AM
    Doesn't it figure just when i got everything right on the storm 1 I need to wait for an OS that works again lol

Thanks
    Sorry. It's the OS that isn't allowing your onscreen icons to update.
    01-20-10 11:01 AM
429 ... 15161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD