cashew i have also uninstalled this and reinstalled it and it still does this.
    11-13-09 01:26 PM
    cashew i have also uninstalled this and reinstalled it and it still does this.
    In OS 4.7, a soft-reset would not reset the "Since Power Up". It looks like RIM has changed this in OS 5.0. I think you're the first to notice.

You can find the "Since Power Up" time from the OS itself by doing the following:

1. Hold the phone in portrait mode on your home screen (4 or 8 icons).
    2. Hold the back arrow key.
    3. Press the upper left corner of the screen, then upper right, then upper left, then upper right.

"Uptime" on this screen is the same as MeterBerry's "Since Power Up".
    11-13-09 01:36 PM
    oh,i didnt know they had changed this in os 5.0,thanks for letting me know,i hope you can figure out a work around on this in the future.thanks alot cashew,i really like this application.
    11-13-09 01:42 PM
    In OS 4.7, a soft-reset would not reset the "Since Power Up". It looks like RIM has changed this in OS 5.0. I think you're the first to notice.

You can find the "Since Power Up" time from the OS itself by doing the following:

1. Hold the phone in portrait mode on your home screen (4 or 8 icons).
    2. Hold the back arrow key.
    3. Press the upper left corner of the screen, then upper right, then upper left, then upper right.

"Uptime" on this screen is the same as MeterBerry's "Since Power Up".
    i did this and it shows it in seconds,thats wild,and thank you for the trick,works for me,but i still hope you find a work around on this.
    11-13-09 01:48 PM
    i did this and it shows it in seconds,thats wild,and thank you for the trick,works for me,but i still hope you find a work around on this.
    Yes, it will show in seconds. MeterBerry converts this to days, hours, minutes, seconds.
    11-13-09 01:54 PM
    And if you uninstall QuickLaunch, does MeterBerry's reset begin working again? Make sure to delete all of QuickLaunch's "stubs", i.e. the two Reset entries in your application list.
    No, if I uninstall Qucklaunch, it does not fix MeterBerry (still no resets). I have made sure there are no "Resets" or "ResetStubs" in the application list. I've even uninstalled both MeterBerry and Quicklaunch, battery pulled to restart, reinstalled MeterBerry, and MeterBerry still won't do resets. This is where I was at the first time...I had to completely wipe the device and reinstall the OS 5.0.0.328, then reinstall MeterBerry, and then MeterBerry resets finally worked again. Don't want to have to do that again.
    11-13-09 04:01 PM
    Same problems here. This is WAY too much work. I'm so tired of paying for these apps and then having to spend all this time fixing their problems.
    11-14-09 10:38 AM
    Just upgraded to OS 5.0 on the Storm 1 the other day and also installed MeterBerry. I cannot believe how steady my memory is under 5.0- almost do not need the app any more. LOL I love the upgrade and new options in the app. Thanks!
    11-15-09 08:58 PM
    In OS 4.7, a soft-reset would not reset the "Since Power Up". It looks like RIM has changed this in OS 5.0.
    I think they changed that in 4.7.0.151

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...ml#post3000298

I've had meterberrry for a while now, and I still really like it. Thanks for the great app GC
    11-16-09 07:09 AM
    I could not get Meterberry to reset, sent an email to help in the about function and forgot about it. Still set to reset in the am, caused me to miss my alarm, was waiting for a response. Good thing for backup wired clocks.

Checked email on way to work (not driving) with this cheery message:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    We have had a small handful of BES users report this. We are still looking into it. A few things you can try which has fixed the problem for some people:

1. Try a different "Reset Mode", as specified in MeterBerry's options.

2. Physically pull your battery to reboot your phone and then try MeterBerry's reset again.

3. Uninstall MeterBerry, reboot your phone, and then reinstall it.

4. If you have a "MeterBerryResetStub" in your list of installed applications (it may be out of alphabetical order), delete it and reboot your phone.

There was a reset <unknown> in my apps list, I think it is from quick launch. followed the directions above and set a test reset boot for 2 min ahead, it worked but asked me to allow trusted app status. I did and it reset!

I then did the exact same thing again as I wanted to confirm Meterberry would reset without throwing an error message or asking for confirmation.

IT WORKS!

There is still reset <unknown> in my apps list but again I believe it is from Quicklaunch and it looks like the two programs are behaving.

the one request I would have is a reset every _____min or hours if idle, or better yet a function to reset at more than one set time per day.

No, if I uninstall Qucklaunch, it does not fix MeterBerry (still no resets). I have made sure there are no "Resets" or "ResetStubs" in the application list. I've even uninstalled both MeterBerry and Quicklaunch, battery pulled to restart, reinstalled MeterBerry, and MeterBerry still won't do resets. This is where I was at the first time...I had to completely wipe the device and reinstall the OS 5.0.0.328, then reinstall MeterBerry, and then MeterBerry resets finally worked again. Don't want to have to do that again.
    11-18-09 09:40 AM
    the one request I would have is a reset every _____min or hours if idle, or better yet a function to reset at more than one set time per day.
    Right now I'm at 9d 2h uptime. You have my sympathy if you need to do scheduled resets multiple times per day.
    11-18-09 10:32 AM
    On my end its working fine no issues here so far :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 11:10 AM
    Right now I'm at 9d 2h uptime. You have my sympathy if you need to do scheduled resets multiple times per day.
    I'm at 7h32m 16 mb app free
    battery 31%

I'm a newb, still do not know how to use / read this program. but if it can help me keep better track of the background apps running on my phone I'm in.
    11-18-09 05:50 PM
    edit: nvm, i see it was answered above
    11-30-09 06:44 AM
    Cashew, for some reason the meterberry reset is not working for me now. im getting error code:5. I havent installed third party app's and its been working until today. I pull the battery twice already with same error messages. How do i fix it? im using v2.0.3 and the settings is set to allow all.
    11-30-09 02:14 PM
    Can someone explain the different reset options in meterberry? I think there's two....just unsure of the differences. Thanks! Love the app!

11-30-09 05:13 PM
    Can someone explain the different reset options in meterberry? I think there's two....just unsure of the differences. Thanks! Love the app!

The different reset modes use slightly different techniques to perform a soft-reset. Mode 1 is the default and will work for most people. For some combinations of phones, OS versions, and BES IT policies, mode 2 is required.

For future reference this and many other questions are answered in the FAQ on our website.
    11-30-09 07:50 PM
    The different reset modes use slightly different techniques to perform a soft-reset. Mode 1 is the default and will work for most people. For some combinations of phones, OS versions, and BES IT policies, mode 2 is required.

For future reference this and many other questions are answered in the FAQ on our website.
    how do i fix the error code: 5?
    11-30-09 07:54 PM
    i have that same problem now too. meterberry and ql were working fime. then ii installed 7digital amd miro 2 theme. now neither resets work. i get that error code 5 for mb. tried reinstalling both and del eting the installed progs with no resolution. going to try and wipe and reset everything.

11-30-09 09:53 PM
    My phone's temp is always 82F. It doesn't matter where I go or what do with it. Set it down on cold concrete and the temperature was still 82F. Is Meterberry really measuring temperature?
    11-30-09 11:39 PM

My bad I was on my BB and pulled a newb move and didn't search. Thank you though
    12-01-09 06:53 AM
    1. pull battery numerous times
    2. uninstalled > pull battery > reinstall meterberry with same result: unable to reset device error code: 5, using reset mode: 1.
    unable to reset device error code: 4 (try a different reset mode in meterberry options, using reset mode: 2. (i also tried uninstall over night and reinstall in the morening with same result or error)
    3. no "Meterberryresetstub" in application window.
    4. the "Cross Application communication" permission is set to allow ( i didnt changes anything else or it was already set to allow)

is there anything else you can tell me on how to fix it?
    12-02-09 09:01 AM
    1. pull battery numerous times
    2. uninstalled > pull battery > reinstall meterberry with same result: unable to reset device error code: 5, using reset mode: 1.
    unable to reset device error code: 4 (try a different reset mode in meterberry options, using reset mode: 2. (i also tried uninstall over night and reinstall in the morening with same result or error)
    3. no "Meterberryresetstub" in application window.
    4. the "Cross Application communication" permission is set to allow ( i didnt changes anything else or it was already set to allow)

is there anything else you can tell me on how to fix it?
    Any chance you have QuickLaunch installed? Several pages back a few users reported that after installing QuickLaunch their MeterBerry reset stopped working.
    12-02-09 06:46 PM
    Any chance you have QuickLaunch installed? Several pages back a few users reported that after installing QuickLaunch their MeterBerry reset stopped working.
    I have both and my meterberry resets just fine as well as the quicklaunch resets, people really need to check their permissions.
    12-02-09 06:56 PM
    shaydlife, if I may ask, how do you have your permissions set up? Default or allow all on QL and MB?

12-02-09 08:06 PM
429 ... 1415161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD