You may want to check again in your Mobihand app list. I did the upgrade and I thought the same thing at first, til I realized it placed another listing for the app in my list. Meaning now I have two, the old 1.3.9 at the bottom w/ no activation code and the 2.0.2 at the top that has an activation code.

My only prob now is that I was notified there was a 2.0.3 update last night and it still dloaded the 2.0.2 instead.
    This is correct. When you follow the instructions a NEW entry will appear in your app list with the code. The old entry with your previous version of MeterBerry will still show that a code is not required. Again, sorry, but there is nothing I can do about this. We have to work with what MobiHand gives us.

Try clearing your browser's cache, cookies, and history. And then refreshing the page.
    11-10-09 02:24 PM
    Everyone who has requested a refund has been granted one. Frankly, it's quite insulting that you would insinuate my goal is to make extra money.

The license key is based on your device ID. It will not change unless you change your device. If you were unable to successfully follow the instructions on the first page and get your code to show up in your App Store account, you will have to save the code you were given via email. Again, it won't change unless you change your device.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about this. MobiHand does not provide a simple way for an application to change its activation scheme. Existing users will see that a code is "not required" unless they follow the instructions to "buy" the free upgrade.
    So then why with other apps where it says "ACTIVATON CODE" in the purchased app list it shows other apps and their activation code but not for your product?

So what if someone needed to wipe or upgrade OS software or for whatever reason reload your product and already had upgraded or purchased at version 2.0.2? And need to download/upgrade to 2.0.3? They can't because you chose not to correctly put in the activation code into mobihand? Because you can do nothing about this?

Do you not think at all? whats your problem? you should feel insulted. you are insulting all your faithful customers. and your responses are insulting to us.
    11-10-09 02:26 PM
    So then why with other apps where it says "ACTIVATON CODE" in the purchased app list it shows other apps and their activation code but not for your product?

So what if someone needed to wipe or upgrade OS software or for whatever reason reload your product and already had upgraded or purchased at version 2.0.2? And need to download/upgrade to 2.0.3? They can't because you chose not to correctly put in the activation code into mobihand? Because you can do nothing about this?

Do you not think at all? whats your problem? you should feel insulted. you are insulting all your faithful customers. and your responses are insulting to us.
    I don't have a problem. I've provided support to everyone on this issue who has needed it.

As I explained, other applications you've purchased show their activation codes because they have ALWAYS required an activation code since their inception. MeterBerry originally did not require a code, but now does. MobiHand does not provide an easy way of making this transition. The instructions I provided to "buy" the free upgrade are the only way to get a code to show up in your account.

I do not have the capability to load an activation code into an existing user's account. The only way to do this is to buy the free upgrade.

GOING FORWARD, anyone who purchases a new copy of MeterBerry will be given a code, and it will be present in their account.
    11-10-09 02:29 PM
    GOING FORWARD, anyone who purchases a new copy of MeterBerry will be given a code, and it will be present in their account.
    This is untrue. it shows NO ACTIVATION REQUIRED for people who just purchased it too.

And going forward, all your existing customers who will need the activation code later will not have fast access to it. They will have to email mobihand or you, then they will have to wait a day or two right?
    11-10-09 02:33 PM
    I do not have the capability to load an activation code into an existing user's account. The only way to do this is to buy the free upgrade.

anyone who purchases a new copy of MeterBerry will be given a code, and it will be present in their account.

Why is this so hard for everyone to understand? This is not rocket science, I along with the majority of the people on this thread did what GC said and had no problems. You guys really need to chill...
    11-10-09 02:35 PM
    This is untrue. it shows NO ACTIVATION REQUIRED for people who just purchased it too.

And going forward, all your existing customers who will need the activation code later will not have fast access to it. They will have to email mobihand or you, then they will have to wait a day or two right?
    Yes it is. I just purchased a copy with a newly created MobiHand account during checkout and the code appears just fine.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 11-10-09 at 02:40 PM.
    11-10-09 02:36 PM
    Yes it is. I just purchased a copy with a newly created MobiHand account during checkout and the code appears just fine.
    yes during check out. but if you go back into mobihand, later, it does not show an activation code. not quite sure what yer not understanding.
    11-10-09 02:40 PM
    Are you paying taxes on your profits?
    11-10-09 02:43 PM
    MeterBerry is NOT trademarked either.
    11-10-09 02:46 PM
    Are you paying taxes on your profits?
    No, he splits half with me. He only makes profits on those who cannot figure out how to install the app...
    11-10-09 02:47 PM
    Giant Cashew Software is also not a registered business.
    11-10-09 02:49 PM
    yes during check out. but if you go back into mobihand, later, it does not show an activation code. not quite sure what yer not understanding.
    I have explained this many times in the previous posts. Let me explain it again. There are several situations that can happen here.

1. You are an existing user. You follow the instructions to "buy" the free upgrade and succeed. The code will appear in your App Store account forever.

2. You are an existing user. You follow the instructions to "buy" the free upgrade and do not succeed. You may see an "Error retrieving code" or "Will be sent in a separate email" message where the code should be in your account. Or, MobiHand doesn't let you "buy" the free upgrade anymore, and just gives you a box where you can input your email address where a download link will be sent. In this case, you can obtain a code from us via email and will have to hold on to it on your own.

3. You are a new user. You make a new purchase and your code will appear in your account forever.
    11-10-09 02:49 PM
    No, he splits half with me. He only makes profits on those who cannot figure out how to install the app...
    Go upgrade your OS and get an activation code.
    11-10-09 02:50 PM
    Go upgrade your OS and get an activation code.
    Upgrading your OS has nothing to do with the activation code. The code is based on your PIN.
    11-10-09 02:51 PM
    I have explained this many times in the previous posts. Let me explain it again. There are several situations that can happen here.

1. You are an existing user. You follow the instructions to "buy" the free upgrade and succeed. The code will appear in your App Store account forever.

2. You are an existing user. You follow the instructions to "buy" the free upgrade and do not succeed. You may see an "Error retrieving code" or "Will be sent in a separate email" message where the code should be in your account. Or, MobiHand doesn't let you "buy" the free upgrade anymore, and just gives you a box where you can input your email address where a download link will be sent. In this case, you can obtain a code from us via email and will have to hold on to it on your own.

3. You are a new user. You make a new purchase and your code will appear in your account forever.
    give me an activation code.
    11-10-09 02:51 PM
    Upgrading your OS has nothing to do with the activation code. The code is based on your PIN.
    no smart guy. my point being, if you upgrade your OS. you no longer have an activation code. you have to email to get a new one. i've said this 4 times in the past 30 minutes? should i really just register meterberry and trademark your name?
    11-10-09 02:53 PM
    WOW... I can't believe all the hostility in this thread.

I just logged into my mobihand acct, activation code is still there. Pushed the 2.0.3 dload to my phone.... worked just fine.
    11-10-09 02:56 PM
    no smart guy. my point being, if you upgrade your OS. you no longer have an activation code. you have to email to get a new one. i've said this 4 times in the past 30 minutes? should i really just register meterberry and trademark your name?
    I'm not sure I follow. You don't "lose" your activation code if you upgrade your OS. Your activation code won't change. Yes, you will have to reenter it, but it won't change. You will just enter the code you saved previously.
    11-10-09 02:56 PM
    Alright, you need to get a life and move on. You seem to have a hard time understanding anything GC is telling you, that's your problem, not his. I will also tell that if you keep up the harassing posts, you'll have a nice little vacation from here, how ya like those apples tough guy?
    11-10-09 02:58 PM
    I'm not sure I follow. You don't "lose" your activation code if you upgrade your OS. Your activation code won't change. Yes, you will have to reenter it, but it won't change. You will just enter the code you saved previously.
    obtaining it. why are you playing dumb for.
    11-10-09 02:58 PM
    Sorry but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard (and for the record I have absolutely NO affiliation w/ meterberry app developers.) You are just plain wrong in this statement. Like he said activation code has nothing to do w/ your OS. You can upgrade your OS a million times and your pin will still be the same. Activation codes are linked to your pin. I have upgraded w/ almost every leak and official OS that has come out and never had a prob reinstalling ALL my apps that have activation codes.
    11-10-09 02:59 PM
    obtaining it. why are you playing dumb for.
    Obtain what?

Once you "obtain" your code, you will never need to contact us again unless you lose the code, or you physically change your device.
    11-10-09 03:00 PM
    Alright, you need to get a life and move on. You seem to have a hard time understanding anything GC is telling you, that's your problem, not his. I will also tell that if you keep up the harassing posts, you'll have a nice little vacation from here, how ya like those apples tough guy?
    LOL you obviously haven't read all the posts. For those of us who NEED the activation code, and cannot obtain it, whom do we seek out? him. I requested him to send it to me, and he keeps avoiding it, and he keeps avoiding the real problem, people not being able to obtain the activation code. go uninstall it and reinstall it. then tell me how fast it takes you to get the code. go upgrade your os. go wipe for phone for any reason, and then install meterberry, then go to mobihand to get your activation code. none.
    11-10-09 03:01 PM
    Obtain what?

Once you "obtain" your code, you will never need to "obtain" it again unless you lose the code, or you physically change your device.
    still playing dumb? you need to obtain the code any time you need to enter it. and you need to enter it if you: uninstall/reinstall, upgrade/reload os.

Thanks for showing everyone your awsome customer support here.
    11-10-09 03:03 PM
    still playing dumb? you need to obtain the code any time you need to enter it. and you need to enter it if you: uninstall/reinstall, upgrade/reload os.

Thanks for showing everyone your awsome customer support here.
    This is NOT true.

Your code is your code. Once you have your code, it will NEVER change unless you change your device. If you upgrade your OS, uninstall/reinstall, etc. you simply reenter the same code. But as I said, if your code does not appear in your MobiHand account, you will have to take on the responsibility yourself of writing down the code or saving it somewhere in a file for safe keeping.
    11-10-09 03:04 PM
429 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD