Payed, got key instantly, installed perfectly. Reset Device (No need for quickpull). I love that the icon switches every 10 seconds. A+
    11-08-09 04:01 PM
    Works like a champ on my device...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 04:03 PM
    I did the purchase upgrade as well and I am still waiting for the code to come in the separate email. Help!
    11-08-09 04:04 PM
    GC, The app is installed and works great! Love the little tweaks you gave it. thanks again for all the time you put into this and for putting up with all the shat you get.

And I am sorry for your loss.
    11-08-09 04:05 PM
    Keep at it! I got the $2.95 charge listed, cancelled out and then realized you need to click the upgrade link and the clink on the "Free Upgrade" in the small window that appears. From then on, it went just as expected. Works very well!

The activation key appears on the "purchase" confirmation.
    11-08-09 04:08 PM
    Loss? He's made some nice money today.
    Dude, he lost a family member. Chill.
    11-08-09 04:09 PM
    Keep at it! I got the $2.95 charge listed, cancelled out and then realized you need to click the upgrade link and the clink on the "Free Upgrade" in the small window that appears. From then on, it went just as expected. Works very well!

The activation key appears on the "purchase" confirmation.
    mine didnt?
    11-08-09 04:12 PM
    The homepage refresh is fixed in the 328 OS.

As always, it might require a battery pull after installing mb to get it to work.
    Sorry for stepping in here, but the HomeScreen bug is there for Storm 2 devices, because Storm 2 runs 5.0.0.320 and RIM unfortunately didn't fix it.
    11-08-09 04:15 PM
    What is your e-mail address? I will send your key directly.
    I had dropped email to [email protected] with my order info, etc. but here's my email -> (bobneal @ comcast. net)
    Last edited by Bob61; 11-08-09 at 08:22 PM.
    11-08-09 04:23 PM
    GC i cant send you a pm so could you just send me the key code for mine? scotthelstad160@hotmail . com
    11-08-09 04:31 PM
    Sorry for stepping in here, but the HomeScreen bug is there for Storm 2 devices, because Storm 2 runs 5.0.0.320 and RIM unfortunately didn't fix it.
    The response was to a comment on 328 not 320.

Not sure which phone she was asking about, but she was responding to a quote about 328.

Sorry for any confusion!
    11-08-09 04:33 PM
    Pulled battery already

11-08-09 04:34 PM
    Not to happy at all. I have not received the activation code and have been charged for the app again when I already have it. And still haven't received the code with purchasing it. Contacted support and heard nothing from them yet. I really enjoy this app just wish I could use it.

11-08-09 04:34 PM
    Not to happy at all. I have not received the activation code and have been charged for the app again when I already have it. And still haven't received the code with purchasing it. Contacted support and heard nothing from them yet. I really enjoy this app just wish I could use it.

Please give him time, with an issue like this he is receiving more emails than he can handle. I sent him an email and he eventually got to me.
    11-08-09 04:41 PM
    How long ago did you contact support? It could take a while.

1) GiantCashew just lost a family member.
    2) The problems are with Mobihand/Crackberry app store.
    3) He is working to resolve them.

In the meantime, there is life during a temporary Meterberry outage... it isn't like a respirator or kidney dialysis machine.
    11-08-09 04:44 PM
    Yeah there is life just a little perturbed right not. Not so much about not receiving the code but getting charged for it. Sorry to hear cashew.

11-08-09 04:54 PM
    If you had, you could have cured your OCD; memory hasn't been an issue for looooong time on leaked 4.7 builds.
    You obviously don't know what OCD is dear. If you did you would realize that there is no OS in this world that could cure it.

The original intent of my post was to explain to the OP why his app may not be updating on the home screen. The problem hasn't been rectified for those of us with the OS released by Verizon.

Thanks to the developer who emailed me the code. I will be contacting MobiHand as to why it was necessary to reset my entire account when this was clearly not necessary in order to solve the problem.

As far as your problem with people "stealing" your app, I doubt this will put an end to your quandry. Personally, I pay for my apps. Perhaps that's why myself and many others are so upset about the way this was handled.

Good luck with your fight with the pirates. They have been around from the beginning of time and I'm positive they will outlast us all.

11-08-09 05:27 PM
    Hey cashew notice this with meterberry my battery finished charging but the icon shows 46% then when i open meterberry it states its at 100% after that the icon still shows 46%. Im going to do a battery pull and see what happens.
    And just out of curiosity, where is it stated in the above post that I replied to, that the writter was using anything but the OS that was released with the Storm2? (which is .320 in case you forgot)

Just noticed in a post that GC recently lost a family member. Sorry for your loss. I lost my mother, father and brother during the past year. I sympathize with you completely.

11-08-09 05:41 PM
    Okay, got my issue resolved. Even though I had upgraded and was successful in downloading the latest version, I was still getting this error:

Activation Code: Error retrieving registration code, please contact [email protected]
    I logged into Mobihand (not Crackberry App Store, but the login info is the same, and it might work with either) and clicked on the Change Device ID link, then entered my PIN (same device, same # shown on my account). It generated a new activation code, and everything works just fine. Now to play with my new software... shiny....
    11-08-09 05:45 PM
    You obviously don't know what OCD is dear. If you did you would realize that there is no OS in this world that could cure it.

The original intent of my post was to explain to the OP why his app may not be updating on the home screen. The problem hasn't been rectified for those of us with the OS released by Verizon.

Thanks to the developer who emailed me the code. I will be contacting MobiHand as to why it was necessary to reset my entire account when this was clearly not necessary in order to solve the problem.
    You are on a storm 2, which as stated that on .320 the updating icons has not been fixed. BUT you are in the storm 1 forum where the latest VZW and OS .328 / .327 have this problem rectified. You probably need to state what device and OS you are on being where you are posting.

guys be patient, he probably has emails stacked up like mad and emailing him more than once isnt going to help.

I dont know why all the problems. i got the email, opened my mobihand app on my storm and then installed the update. It gave me the code but i didnt write it down so i logged on to mobihand and looked up my code no problems at all. Sorry for others that are having the issues.
    11-08-09 05:46 PM
    I'm getting the same thing. I try to upgrade and it gives me a the software but no activation key. NOWHERE is there an option to purchase a free upgrade key. PLease dont tell me the same thing others have been told. Its obvious quite a few here are having the same issues.
    my upgrade worked fine want me to walk u through it i would be glad to
    Seriously though i was first of all signed in to the mobihand store on crackberry ...then i got an email saying the new version was ready >i clicked on the link in the email it took me 2 the store...which i was already signed into and i went to my apps and there was the upgrade clicked on that it asked me to get free upgrade and generate activation code clicked yes(all on my storm2) it generated code wrote it down clicked on download and bingo asked me to replace 1.5.8. with 2.0.2 and that was it. system reboot etc..
    11-08-09 06:04 PM
    Well, got the activation registration code error. Already e-mailed but still waiting for a reply for activation code. Downloaded it since this morning, 8am Pacific Time. :/

Followed every suggestion here in this thread, battery pull, the step by step direction, deleted the previous meterberry I had before installing...*sigh*. Hopefully the issue is solved soon. I'll just gonna wait patiently. I hope other users that had problems got it solved.
    11-08-09 06:06 PM
    Okay, got my issue resolved. Even though I had upgraded and was successful in downloading the latest version, I was still getting this error:

I logged into Mobihand (not Crackberry App Store, but the login info is the same, and it might work with either) and clicked on the Change Device ID link, then entered my PIN (same device, same # shown on my account). It generated a new activation code, and everything works just fine. Now to play with my new software... shiny....
    Excellent! This worked for me too! Thanks!
    Seriously though i was first of all signed in to the mobihand store on crackberry ...then i got an email saying the new version was ready >i clicked on the link in the email it took me 2 the store...which i was already signed into and i went to my apps and there was the upgrade clicked on that it asked me to get free upgrade and generate activation code clicked yes(all on my storm2) it generated code wrote it down clicked on download and bingo asked me to replace 1.5.8. with 2.0.2 and that was it. system reboot etc..
    And that's the exact list of steps I had posted above but was doubted. I'm glad you're standing testimony! I was beginning to think I was the one who was crazy. You really can generate your own code right from the AppStore.
    Amen Brother!

Hey Giant Cashew got your back buddy btw great product awesome job on the upgraded software!Keep your chin up
    and continue to build us more great apps!
    Last edited by elad1; 11-08-09 at 06:17 PM. Reason: kudos to developer.
    11-08-09 06:13 PM
429 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD