Update: Got my email with code, all set now Thank You GC
    Last edited by pounder001; 11-08-09 at 01:28 PM.
    11-08-09 01:18 PM
    Everyone, please calm down.

When the App Store contacts our server for a license key, if there is a timeout you will get the "Error retrieving activation code" message. I am guessing because there are now tens of thousands of users trying to retrieve codes, our server is under some heavy load.

As others have mentioned, you need to do this at the MobiHand site, and via your PC.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but this is the ONLY way to add a license key to an application that previously didn't require one.

We had to do this because some users have pirated the application.
    Great - according to your own words you have "tens of thousands users" who have paid for this app - and you screw around with the whole licensing thing because "some users have pirated the application". Do you think this license key is going to stop that? Don't count on it. In the mean time you've inconvnienced many folks who have purchased this app in the name of accomplishing what? Not sure how much you expect to pocket by stopping those who pirate this, but something tells me it can't be worth the amount of time you'll now spend to support all the questions from those who didn't get their key (like me) and associated problems with this bothced upgrade plan.

If you went through the process of "buying" the free upgrade and received an error message instructing you to contact us, please do so. I will give you a key. But please be patient.
    So, how long should we be patient for before we should be seeing a response with the key?
    Last edited by Bob61; 11-08-09 at 01:21 PM.
    11-08-09 01:18 PM
    Disable compatibility mode.
    Thanks so much. That did make the reset work (although the it was already disabled, so I enabled, then disabled it again, and saved, and did a reset, then another batt pull). But, the keyboard is still there. I did a left-convenience key set to get rid of the keyboard with the new SMS texting, and it works great for that, but I'm wondering if it's messing the meterberry up. I sure liked that key to quickly get rid of the keyboard when I'm trying to read a new text (I cannot for the life of me figure out why this was done this way...unless everyone always responds to every text and wants that keyboard instantly. But you still have to swipe to get rid of it to even read the message. So strange to me, but so not your problem Sir GC). I'm going to undo the virtual keyboard thing and see if it makes my meterberry work. Sigh. These are learning experiences, right?

Thanks for trying to help, and do you have any hair left? Yikes.
    11-08-09 01:22 PM
    Thanks GC!! Great Work!
    11-08-09 01:22 PM
    [QUOTE=HMBgal;4037775]Okay, I paid for it again and it's loaded, but the keyboard won't go away and it's "frozen" above the keyboard, /QUOTE]

You need to disable compatibility mode
    11-08-09 01:24 PM
    So how do we get a REFUND? For those of us who got charged AGAIN?
    11-08-09 01:26 PM
    Thanks GC,
    Just received your returned email with the registration code. Everything is working great, thanks again.
    11-08-09 01:26 PM
    OK, I tried this again. From my PC I logged into my account on the Crackberry App Store. This time, when I clicked on the Green Arrow to the right of MeterBerry it took me to a page where the purchase price was ZERO and it gave me an activation code!!! And the code was accepted!

I could NOT do this from my Storm.

And it did NOT work the first time. I think there must have been a glitch between MobiHand and Crackberry.
    11-08-09 01:27 PM
    So how do we get a REFUND? For those of us who got charged AGAIN?
    Go to Crackbery App Store (or Mobihand) and contact customer service.

In the meantime, you can watch this week's episode of South Park online:

The F Word - Episode Guide - South Park Studios
    11-08-09 01:30 PM
    whew! It was difficult but thanks to all of you who were patient and helped out....we got her working!
    thanks all!!
    11-08-09 01:31 PM
    just PM'd u GC
    11-08-09 01:45 PM
    Great - according to your own words you have "tens of thousands users" who have paid for this app - and you screw around with the whole licensing thing because "some users have pirated the application". Do you think this license key is going to stop that? Don't count on it. In the mean time you've inconvnienced many folks who have purchased this app in the name of accomplishing what? Not sure how much you expect to pocket by stopping those who pirate this, but something tells me it can't be worth the amount of time you'll now spend to support all the questions from those who didn't get their key (like me) and associated problems with this bothced upgrade plan.

So, how long should we be patient for before we should be seeing a response with the key?
    Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Everyone who has purchased legitimately will get a code.

There isn't anything botched. Us developers have to make do with MobiHand's slightly convoluted licensing scheme. I have a about a 100 users who didn't get keys when upgrading. The VAST majority had no problem at all.

I think if you put thousands of hours into a product and then saw users pirate it for free, you would feel differently. Perhaps all software applications should have no licensing scheme at all because they will just be cracked anyways?
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 11-08-09 at 01:56 PM.
    11-08-09 01:54 PM
    Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Everyone who has purchased legitimately will get a code.

There isn't anything botched. Us developers have to make do with MobiHand's slightly convoluted licensing scheme. I have a about a 100 users who didn't get keys when upgrading. The VAST majority had no problem at all.

I think if you put thousands of hours into a product and then saw users pirate it for free, you would feel differently. Perhaps all software applications should have no licensing scheme at all because they will just be cracked anyways?
    Good point.

I don't know if anyone is aware about what recently happened to Bellshare(the makers of Berryweather, berryscroll, and other apps). A certain website has been and continues to generate codes for people for free, the developers are not seeing a dime from this. Continue on the route that you're going as it is a helpful app, people need to be patient. He will get you your codes.
    11-08-09 02:01 PM
    Sent you a pm too GC.
    Thanks
    11-08-09 02:23 PM
    Unable to reset with the new version of Meterberry. I deleted the old version and installed new version of Meterberry (5.0.2). I tried both reset modes and get either error code 4 or 5 depending which mode I use. I also did a battery pull. All permissions are set to "allow". All other features work OK. Any other suggestions. Thanks.
    11-08-09 02:27 PM
    Unable to reset with the new version of Meterberry. I deleted the old version and installed new version of Meterberry (5.0.2). I tried both reset modes and get either error code 4 or 5 depending which mode I use. I also did a battery pull. All permissions are set to "allow". All other features work OK. Any other suggestions. Thanks.
    What OS version are you using?
    11-08-09 02:31 PM
    What OS version are you using?
    Using 5.0.0.328 (not a leak) Thanks for the quick reply.
    11-08-09 02:39 PM
    Oh shut up dude. When I told you about the problem and getting charged again, where was your solution? Your freaking reply was:

And this was gonna help us how?
    This was the first thing I checked. If it would have said $2.95 I would expect to be charged $2.95. No one's fault but your own.

Everyone needs to chill. This is a great app and has always had great support from GC. You will be taken care of. Honestly as this is a pretty big upgrade GC could have charged for it. And I would have paid.

Keep up the good work!
    11-08-09 02:46 PM
    i still havent got the email with the code and its been about 2 hours already?
    11-08-09 02:50 PM
    Try logging into your account.
    11-08-09 02:51 PM
    Still waiting for a code so this APP will hopefully work. Got an email over an hour ago saying it was coming. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

5 minutes feels like 5 hours for people with OCD. Sigh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 02:52 PM
    Patience. I'm working from the bottom up.
    Still waiting for a code so this APP will hopefully work. Got an email over an hour ago saying it was coming. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

5 minutes feels like 5 hours for people with OCD. Sigh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What is your e-mail address?
    ive logged into my account many times and GC my email is scotthelstad160 @hotmail.com if you need mine too
    11-08-09 02:57 PM
    Hey cashew notice this with meterberry my battery finished charging but the icon shows 46% then when i open meterberry it states its at 100% after that the icon still shows 46%. Im going to do a battery pull and see what happens.
    11-08-09 02:58 PM
429 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD