Well its working for some and not for others what about a REFUND for those who paid twice?
    If you contact crackberry or mobihand, they will give you a refund.
    11-08-09 12:34 PM
    Thanks GC. And once again sorry for your loss.
    11-08-09 12:35 PM
    Everyone, please calm down.

As others have mentioned, you need to do this at the MobiHand site, and via your PC.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but this is the ONLY way to add a license key to an application that previously didn't require one.

We had to do this because some users have pirated the application.

If you went through the process of "buying" the free upgrade and received an error message instructing you to contact us, please do so. I will give you a key.

But please be patient.
    Looking forward to finally get this working. Is MobiHand ever going to list an activation code or will I have to save the e-mail? Looks like this will make future reactivations a PITA after OS installs...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 12:36 PM
    Looking forward to finally get this working. Is MobiHand ever going to list an activation code or will I have to save the e-mail? Looks like this will make future reactivations a PITA after OS installs...

MobiHand's method of storing activation codes is convoluted. Unfortunately they don't provide a means for the user to store an activation code that wasn't retrieved automatically from a license server.

However, your license key is tied to your PIN, so as long as that doesn't change, it will be the same.
    11-08-09 12:39 PM
    I did it from my Storm2........at work no pc!

11-08-09 12:43 PM
    I upgraded by clicking the link in the notification email from my phone. After rebooting and launching the app, I was prompted for an activation code. I then went to AppStore from my phone, clicked on "My Apps," and clicked on Meterberry. I was then given an option to generate an activation code, which I did. I then wrote it down, went back to the MeterBerry app, opened it, entered the activation code, and it was all set up and functional.

I hope this helps somebody out there.
    11-08-09 12:48 PM
    No good here.

Attempt 1 - I got an e-mail to Upgrade from Crackberry App Store. Followed that link from my BB and got taken to My Account and the Update page. The update downloads and installs but no activiation code is provided and no option to get one via this method.

Attempt 2 - Went to Crackberry App Store from my PC and logged into my account. Searched for MeterBerry. There was NO option to purchase an upgrade! There was only the option to buy. I went through all the steps expecting to see a price of ZERO once I got to final checkout. Nope. It was going to charge me the $2.95. Cancelled the transaction.

This sux.
    11-08-09 12:49 PM
    MobiHand's method of storing activation codes is convoluted. Unfortunately they don't provide a means for the user to store an activation code that wasn't retrieved automatically from a license server.

However, your license key is tied to your PIN, so as long as that doesn't change, it will be the same.
    Thanks. Even though this has been somewhat of a fiasco you did the right thing by requiring registration. MB is one of the most pirates apps on several sites. You deserve to get paid for all your hard work.

11-08-09 12:51 PM
    Finally i got it working for my storm 2.
    11-08-09 12:52 PM
    No good here.

Attempt 2 - Went to Crackberry App Store from my PC and logged into my account. Searched for MeterBerry. There was NO option to purchase an upgrade! There was only the option to buy. I went through all the steps expecting to see a price of ZERO once I got to final checkout. Nope. It was going to charge me the $2.95. Cancelled the transaction.

This sux.
    I never thought i'd say this, but extreme failure in this process. I did the same thing.

1. Crackberry App Store
    2. Search for Meterberry
    3. Clicked "BUY" as instructed by GC
    4. Now in Shopping Cart
    5. Charged me another $2.95

I hope I am going to get a refund for following the instructions and getting charged AGAIN.
    11-08-09 12:54 PM
    LMFAO! There is no need for this app. I dont need it nor does anybody that has it. Its just nice to have, and can be helpful at times.

Get over yourself! Its no ones fault but yours that you cant figure out how to download it properly, NOOB!

Either support the app and the developer or dont! But dont start crying about it!

PS if you dont like your device get rid of it and buy something more your speed!
    Whoa....he was talking about RIM and VZW, not the app.
    jgutie6634 was obviously confused; look at his avatar.

What do you expect from a fan of a hockey team based on the California coast?
    11-08-09 12:55 PM
    I upgraded by clicking the link in the notification email from my phone. After rebooting and launching the app, I was prompted for an activation code. I then went to AppStore from my phone, clicked on "My Apps," and clicked on Meterberry. I was then given an option to generate an activation code, which I did. I then wrote it down, went back to the MeterBerry app, opened it, entered the activation code, and it was all set up and functional.

I hope this helps somebody out there.
    Which APP Store? Crackberry App Store, Mobihand, other?

When I log into the Crackberry App Store I see nothing but an option to Upgrade or I have to buy it again outright. I see no option to "generate a code".
    11-08-09 12:59 PM
    jgutie6634 was obviously confused; look at his avatar.

What do you expect from a fan of a hockey team based on the California coast?
    Your right I was a little confused! I will admit and apologize! What do you expect from a fan of the best hockey team in the NHL, greatness! Thats what I expect from myself and my Sharks!
    11-08-09 12:59 PM
    i never thought i'd say this, but extreme failure in this process. I did the same thing.

1. Crackberry app store
    2. Search for meterberry
    3. Clicked "buy" as instructed by gc
    4. Now in shopping cart

i hope i am going to get a refund for following the instructions and getting charged again.
    Everyone, please do not purchase the application again if the cart shows a price of $2.95. Make sure it is $0.00.

11-08-09 01:00 PM

When I log into the Crackberry App Store I see nothing but an option to Upgrade or I have to buy it again outright. I see no option to "generate a code".
    There is no option. Do not click "Buy" as instructed because its going to charge you again. It has charged tons of people an additional $2.95 instead of being free.

fail upgrade.
    11-08-09 01:00 PM
    Everyone, please do not purchase the application again if the cart shows a price of $2.95. Make sure it is $0.00.

Wow you are really starting to upset me, your freakin instructions said to log in and click BUY. which is what all these people are doing and its not showing up as free.

Here are your freaking instructions in your freakin email you sent out to all your existing customers.

"ATTENTION: If you are an existing user, to obtain a license key you will need to log in to your MobiHand / Crackberry App Store account and "buy" the upgrade (it is free). You will then be given a code, just like you would if you purchased a new application requiring a license key. You must make sure your device ID is up-to-date in the App Store."
    11-08-09 01:01 PM
    There is no option. Do not click "Buy" as instructed because its going to charge you again. It has charged tons of people an additional $2.95 instead of being free.

fail upgrade.
    The store will not charge you if you follow my instructions. You need to click the green down arrow next to MeterBerry in your list of purchased applications.
    11-08-09 01:02 PM
    Wow you are really starting to upset me, your freakin instructions said to log in and click BUY. which is what all these people are doing and its not showing up as free.

Here are your freaking instructions in your freakin email you sent out to all your existing customers.

"ATTENTION: If you are an existing user, to obtain a license key you will need to log in to your MobiHand / Crackberry App Store account and "buy" the upgrade (it is free). You will then be given a code, just like you would if you purchased a new application requiring a license key. You must make sure your device ID is up-to-date in the App Store."
    Please relax. If you purchased it again, you can get a refund.

I apologize if my instructions were not clear enough. I revised them on the first page. These instructions are no different than the way you upgrade any other application. That is, log into your account, and click the green down arrow to download an update. MobiHand will inform you a free upgrade is available and you can add it to your cart.
    11-08-09 01:04 PM
    I never thought i'd say this, but extreme failure in this process. I did the same thing.

1. Crackberry App Store
    2. Search for Meterberry
    3. Clicked "BUY" as instructed by GC
    4. Now in Shopping Cart

I hope I am going to get a refund for following the instructions and getting charged AGAIN.
    For me, the BUY link didn't pop up until I logged into my account on Crackberry App Store from my desktop computer (the old one at home, rocking Windows 2000 old school) and clicked on the download link. It then redirected me to "buy" the free upgrade.

Unfortunately, I then got the dreaded error:

Activation Code: Error retrieving registration code, please contact [email protected]
    It's probably because I first tried to upgrade via my Storm's browser instead of my desktop computer.

Whatever... GiantCashew is a very responsive app developer who asked for some patience a few posts back. I sent him an email and I'm sure that he will send an activation code.

And if he doesn't, he'd better be careful when he hears his doorbell ring, because there's going to be a burning bag of dog crap on his porch.
    11-08-09 01:04 PM
    Okay, I paid for it again and it's loaded, but the keyboard won't go away and it's "frozen" above the keyboard, so I can't even scroll down t;he program screen. Kinda useless this way. So, I'm not terribly concerned about the additional $2.95, but it's non-functional. I've done two batt pulls because when I go to try and reset it, the yes won't light up in blue--it's like it took my screen (which has always functioned perfectly) and made it non-functioning.
    This has always been such a flawless app for me and I can't understand what I'm doing wrong...

I've got an S1 with the official .328 upgrade, I deleted the old Meterberry (sooo wish I hadn't). If I'm the only one, I'll keep doing physical batt pulls (argh! My case is wearing out!!) and hope that something will work.
    11-08-09 01:07 PM
    Okay, I paid for it again and it's loaded, but the keyboard won't go away and it's "frozen" above the keyboard, so I can't even scroll down t;he program screen. Kinda useless this way. So, I'm not terribly concerned about the additional $2.95, but it's non-functional. I've done two batt pulls because when I go to try and reset it, the yes won't light up in blue--it's like it took my screen (which has always functioned perfectly) and made it non-functioning.
    This has always been such a flawless app for me and I can't understand what I'm doing wrong...

I've got an S1 with the official .328 upgrade, I deleted the old Meterberry (sooo wish I hadn't). If I'm the only one, I'll keep doing physical batt pulls (argh! My case is wearing out!!) and hope that something will work.
    Disable compatibility mode.
    11-08-09 01:07 PM

I apologize if my instructions were not clear enough. I revised them on the first page. These instructions are no different than the way you upgrade any other application. That is, log into your account, and click the green down arrow to download an update. MobiHand will inform you a free upgrade is available and you can add it to your cart.
    Oh shut up dude. When I told you about the problem and getting charged again, where was your solution? Your freaking reply was:

And this was gonna help us how?
    11-08-09 01:08 PM

The CrackBerry AppStore app from your phone.

There is no option.
    Yes, there is. I generated an activation code right from my phone, right from the AppStore app on my phone.

I'm telling everyone with 100% certainty that the method that I posted is the exact method that worked for me. I am now running MeterBerry 2.0.2 and I didn't get charged for anything at any point.
    11-08-09 01:11 PM
    Oh shut up dude. When I told you about the problem and getting charged again, where was your solution? Your freaking reply was:

And this was gonna help us how?
    If you recognize the price is not $0.00, it will hopefully stop you from upgrading and re-asses if you are following the instructions correctly. That's how it helps you.
    11-08-09 01:11 PM

Just to clarify ... We are not using Mobihand. We are accessing the Upgrade through the Crackberry App Store. There are no options, period. You can either download the Upgrade and get no option for a code or Buy the app and it WILL charge you another $2.95.
    11-08-09 01:14 PM
429 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD