so just to be sure I have to buy a free upgrade? oxymoron?
    11-08-09 11:59 AM
    not working on 5.0.0.230 for 9500
    11-08-09 12:01 PM
    cant figure out why you this program update had to be so difficult while all the others have been seemless and easy. My wifes and mine no license key after multiple tries and downloads and resets, still not working and no f%!$ing license code. I'll be damned if I'm paying for this crap again to upgrade to this version. very disappointing and frustrating, I guess no more meterberyy for us.
    You won't have to pay again. On your pc go to crackberry store and look up meterberry. From there you should see "buy the upgrade". Click on that as if you were making the purchase and input you email address. you will get an activation code and download link on your phone. Good Luck.
    11-08-09 12:02 PM
    There is no buy the upgrade option. When I search MeterBerry it will only allow me to pay another 2.95. If I go to my account (which I did originally) and click upgrade, it says "free download". I downloaded from there and now there is no activation code listed next to the app. I didn't get any email either. My PIN is listed correctly as well.

GRRRRRRRRRR. Can you tell I'm a little impatient?????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sounds like you are doing this from your BB. If you go to your account on a computer and click the green download arrow next to meterberry it should say free upgrade available and ask for you email address. Just fill it in and it should take you to the checkout screen where you can purchase the upgrade for $0.

11-08-09 12:02 PM
    so just to be sure I have to buy a free upgrade? oxymoron?
    Yes but funny
    11-08-09 12:03 PM
    I just trying to get the upgrade and got the same errror message listed below. Oh well, guess it hasn't been fixed.

I think I see the problem. If you login to your account using your phone, you get the download but no option to "buy". I had to login to my account on PC and then see the option for "free upgrade".

After going through this route though I get this displayed "Error retrieving registration code, please contact [email protected]." after my order is processed. And in my email I get this "
    MeterBerry - The Ultimate System Information Utility
    Activation Code: Error retrieving registration code, please contact [email protected]. (PIN: XXXXXXXX)
    "

WHAT A PAIN IN THE A......
    11-08-09 12:04 PM
    From my PC after logging in it charged me the 2.95 after clicking free upgrade and the email come with:

MeterBerry - The Ultimate System Information Utility
    Activation Code: Error retrieving registration code, please contact [email protected].

Just kill me now..
    11-08-09 12:06 PM
    Funny thing about this entire scenario....Had RIM and VZ tested and QA'd this device in a more thorough manner and not been so greedy for Xmas sales, there probably would never have been a need for this app. Had I released a product of such half arsed quality from my company, my superiors would have had my head on a platter and poked my eyes with a fork!!!
    11-08-09 12:06 PM
    There is no buy the upgrade option. When I search MeterBerry it will only allow me to pay another 2.95. If I go to my account (which I did originally) and click upgrade, it says "free download". I downloaded from there and now there is no activation code listed next to the app. I didn't get any email either. My PIN is listed correctly as well.

GRRRRRRRRRR. Can you tell I'm a little impatient?????

Hey try doing it on pc instead on mobile when you get a chance.
    11-08-09 12:07 PM
    Funny thing about this entire scenario....Had RIM and VZ tested and QA'd this device in a more thorough manner and not been so greedy for Xmas sales, there probably would never have been a need for this app. Had I released a product of such half arsed quality from my company, my superiors would have had my head on a platter and poked my eyes with a fork!!!
    Wow, that is one way to motivate your employees.
    11-08-09 12:09 PM
    I got the activation code from mobihand but it's not working on my storm 9500 OS v5.0.0.230
    11-08-09 12:12 PM
    Mode 1 vs. Mode 2??
    11-08-09 12:13 PM
    Wow! It took me 20 seconds from start to finish to buy the upgrade from mobihand.
    11-08-09 12:13 PM
    I got the activation code from mobihand but it's not working on my storm 9500 OS v5.0.0.230
    Does the pin number on your phone match the pin number listed on mobihand? If not you need to change it on Mobihand.
    11-08-09 12:14 PM
    LMFAO! There is no need for this app. I dont need it nor does anybody that has it. Its just nice to have, and can be helpful at times.

Get over yourself! Its no ones fault but yours that you cant figure out how to download it properly, NOOB!

Either support the app and the developer or dont! But dont start crying about it!

PS if you dont like your device get rid of it and buy something more your speed!
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 11-08-09 at 12:19 PM.
    11-08-09 12:15 PM
    As I said in the first thread, existing users need to "buy" the free upgrade to get a license key.
    I didn't need to buy it I just got an email and I clicked and it instructed me to click download and receive new activivation
    Which I did and received the activation code wrote it down and downloaded the new version and registered it ....works great thanks!

11-08-09 12:17 PM
    Wow! It took me 20 seconds from start to finish to buy the upgrade from mobihand.
    Sure if you dont mind paying TWICE for something you already bought and paid for!!! I had to pay 2 times but i got it, now getting a credit is not going to happen, i'm sure!!!
    11-08-09 12:18 PM
    Well its working for some and not for others what about a REFUND for those who paid twice?
    11-08-09 12:19 PM
    Sounds like you are doing this from your BB. If you go to your account on a computer and click the green download arrow next to meterberry it should say free upgrade available and ask for you email address. Just fill it in and it should take you to the checkout screen where you can purchase the upgrade for $0.

That's impossible to do now that I have already upgraded. It wasn't specified that this needed to be done on the PC. I've always done upgrades from my BB.

11-08-09 12:25 PM
    Go to the crackberry store, Search meterberry, click on buy the upgrade, complete the transaction. It will send you an email with the activation code. Install and put in the code.

edit: delete older versions first and do a reset.
    nope that didnt work for me.
    11-08-09 12:25 PM
    Does the pin number on your phone match the pin number listed on mobihand? If not you need to change it on Mobihand.
    Yes it match, maybe this update is for 9530 OS 5.0.0.328, it's not working in my storm 9500 OS 5.0.0.230, thanks for your help anyway.
    11-08-09 12:26 PM
    LMFAO! There is no need for this app. I dont need it nor does anybody that has it. Its just nice to have, and can be helpful at times.

Get over yourself! Its no ones fault but yours that you cant figure out how to download it properly, NOOB!

Either support the app and the developer or dont! But dont start crying about it!

PS if you dont like your device get rid of it and buy something more your speed!
    Whoa....he was talking about RIM and VZW, not the app.

Dude, whatever!! NOOB I am not. I love the app. GC is da man. Had RIM and VZ had developers of his skills, I am sure we would have a way better product to enjoy. And you would not need the app except as an enhancement had the product been developed and produced with more quality control. So yes I am supporting the app. I will buy a 2nd copy to continue supporting the developers, and I will still complain that the release method was poorly thought out, which I leave directly on Mobihand as they are the single entity in which we can acquire this awesome app.
    Everyone, please calm down.

When the App Store contacts our server for a license key, if there is a timeout you will get the "Error retrieving activation code" message. I am guessing because there are now tens of thousands of users trying to retrieve codes, our server is under some heavy load.

As others have mentioned, you need to do this at the MobiHand site, and via your PC.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but this is the ONLY way to add a license key to an application that previously didn't require one.

We had to do this because some users have pirated the application.

If you went through the process of "buying" the free upgrade and received an error message instructing you to contact us, please do so. I will give you a key. But please be patient.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 11-08-09 at 12:41 PM.
    11-08-09 12:30 PM
    I did the free upgrade and got the "error retrieving activation code" message, so I figured, what is $3.00 so I purchased the app "new" an hour later. The "new" purchase is also giving me the "error retrieving activation code" message. I did both through my pc. Something is bumfuzzled.
    11-08-09 12:33 PM
429 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD