I'm still having license key woes.

I "bought" version 2.02 (and appear to have been charged $2.95, BTW, but I'm not worried about that);

I received an email with an 8-digit activation code and a pin.

Upon starting MeterBerry, I typed the 8-digit activation code, but MB did not recognize it as a valid code. I tried deleting MB and reinstalling, but MB still fails to accept the code.
    11-08-09 11:16 AM
    As I said in the first thread, existing users need to "buy" the free upgrade to get a license key.
    Did that and did not get anything
    11-08-09 11:19 AM

I "bought" version 2.02 (and appear to have been charged $2.95, BTW, but I'm not worried about that);

Upon starting MeterBerry, I typed the 8-digit activation code, but MB did not recognize it as a valid code. I tried deleting MB and reinstalling, but MB still fails to accept the code.
    same thing happened to me
    11-08-09 11:21 AM
    even after the 2.0.2 upgrade, i'm still not getting an license key!
    11-08-09 11:23 AM
    ok looks like version 2.02 is now available to fix the issue
    11-08-09 11:23 AM

The activation code is the key you want to use and the pin is your BB Device ID.
    Make sure your giving them the correct Pin for your BB and Device Model: 9530/9530T (Storm).
    11-08-09 11:24 AM
    Thanks GC!

What's the difference between mode 1 and mode 2?
    11-08-09 11:24 AM
    I had same problem, but pulled battery and all is good.
    Battery pull solved it. Thanks!
    11-08-09 11:33 AM
    Hey cashew i installed 2.0.2 correctly but tried to do a soft reset and get this error unable to reset device. Error code: 5
    11-08-09 11:33 AM
    New version works great with 5.0. Thanks Giant Cashew
    11-08-09 11:34 AM
    I am trying to load 2.0.2 through Mobihand and all I am getting is a place to download it is not asking to BUY it and just says Activation Code not required. Any help with getting a code that works? PLEASE!
    11-08-09 11:36 AM
    Hey cashew i installed 2.0.2 correctly but tried to do a soft reset and get this error unable to reset device. Error code: 5
    Pull battery
    11-08-09 11:37 AM
    I am trying to load 2.0.2 through Mobihand and all I am getting is a place to download it is not asking to BUY it and just says Activation Code not required. Any help with getting a code that works? PLEASE!
    Go to the crackberry store, Search meterberry, click on buy the upgrade, complete the transaction. It will send you an email with the activation code. Install and put in the code.

edit: delete older versions first and do a reset.
    11-08-09 11:40 AM
    Pull battery
    Yup thats what was going to be my next option which i did now waiting for reboot
    11-08-09 11:45 AM
    I'm another annoyed user of Meterberry. Did everything that has been instructed here and nothing. Even downloaded the upgrade that says "fixed license key problem". When I upgrade it says "no activation code required". When I attempt to open the program it asks for a license key.
    What the heck! It was working fine without the upgrade [without the reset]. I should have left well enough alone.
    Is there a way to resolve this please????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 11:47 AM
    I'm another annoyed user of Meterberry. Did everything that has been instructed here and nothing. Even downloaded the upgrade that says "fixed license key problem". When I upgrade it says "no activation code required". When I attempt to open the program it asks for a license key.
    What the heck! It was working fine without the upgrade [without the reset]. I should have left well enough alone.

same problem.....frustrating
    11-08-09 11:49 AM

Try logging into your account where you got the app first. This example is from my account thru mobihand ok. I got to mobihand 1st login then go to meterberry and select the download link for phone it should show upgrade then select that. Then send update link to your phone then update it. Afetr update then do a batterypull. Meterberry should work now thats what i did hope it works out.
    11-08-09 11:51 AM
    Well I was able to fix the activation code issue by switching the PIN from my phone to my wifes. Now I can't switch it back due to fraud. What a P.i.t.A.!!!!
    11-08-09 11:52 AM
    Go to the crackberry store, Search meterberry, click on buy the upgrade, complete the transaction. It will send you an email with the activation code. Install and put in the code.

I did this and its fine now, I just got charged AGAIN for what was suppose to be a FREE upgrade...... What the ****?
    11-08-09 11:53 AM
    I think I see the problem. If you login to your account using your phone, you get the download but no option to "buy". I had to login to my account on PC and then see the option for "free upgrade".

After going through this route though I get this displayed "Error retrieving registration code, please contact [email protected]." after my order is processed. And in my email I get this "
    MeterBerry - The Ultimate System Information Utility
    Activation Code: Error retrieving registration code, please contact [email protected]. (PIN: XXXXXXXX)
    "

WHAT A PAIN IN THE A......
    Last edited by Bob61; 11-08-09 at 11:57 AM.
    11-08-09 11:54 AM

There is no buy the upgrade option. When I search MeterBerry it will only allow me to pay another 2.95. If I go to my account (which I did originally) and click upgrade, it says "free download". I downloaded from there and now there is no activation code listed next to the app. I didn't get any email either. My PIN is listed correctly as well.

GRRRRRRRRRR. Can you tell I'm a little impatient?????

11-08-09 11:57 AM
    I give up
    11-08-09 11:57 AM
    cant figure out why you this program update had to be so difficult while all the others have been seemless and easy. My wifes and mine no license key after multiple tries and downloads and resets, still not working and no f%!$ing license code. I'll be damned if I'm paying for this crap again to upgrade to this version. very disappointing and frustrating, I guess no more meterberyy for us.
    11-08-09 11:58 AM
    I did this and its fine now, I just got charged AGAIN for what was suppose to be a FREE upgrade...... What the ****?
    It is a free upgrade. Use your pc to make the transaction. If you click on "buy the upgrade" there will be no charge. In your case, I would call or email crackberry and they can reverse the charges.
    FINALLY.....the app code i got was a bust. new app code appeared and voila meterberry is now up and running.
429 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD