Just got another update email.
    08-23-09 08:32 PM
    It's basically for the Tour though.
    08-23-09 08:36 PM
    It's basically for the Tour though.
    Yes, Tour-specific updates. Transparent for Storm users.
    08-23-09 08:38 PM
    Is this compatible with Tour yet? MobiHand said no last I checked ... but I'd love to have this app on my Tour. Will it work, but just report incorrectly due to the difference in available memory? I'd be willing to take that chance.
    08-23-09 08:42 PM
    Is this compatible with Tour yet? MobiHand said no last I checked ... but I'd love to have this app on my Tour. Will it work, but just report incorrectly due to the difference in available memory? I'd be willing to take that chance.
    Just update for the Tour.
    08-23-09 08:44 PM
    Cashew: As many here have said, GREAT program, great update (the button issue like/not like is relatively minor, I'm sure I'll get used to it).

There seem to be numerous complaints though, about Mobihand not notifying the recipient of having to uninstall the previous version. I purchased mine here at the CB App store and as many others, I installed over the previous version as well...not once, but twice. Just this morning, I updated to .151 and then tonight, got the email about .152 (would be nice to see a change log on these updates). So, I installed that one on top of the one that I installed on top of the original! The weird thing is, they seemed to work just fine, so not sure what the deal was, but after reading this thread, I've gone ahead and uninstalled and just now reinstalled..whew.

Bottom line(s): CB didn't offer the uninstall directions and, even though installed improperly, it seemed to be working fine. What gives?

Thanks for everything, love this program.
    08-23-09 09:12 PM
    Thanks for the updates!
    08-23-09 09:14 PM
    The email I received from the cb app store did say to uninstall the previous version. It was in the developer's message section just as Giant Cashew said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 09:18 PM
    Thank you for the Update!!!

CrackberryAppStore notified me to update and was CLEAR that you must uninstall old version first. Thanks!

However, a nervous moment ... I uninstalled old version and restarted Storm ... installed version 1.51 and put in all my settings but the icon to show my preferred display (available memory) was not updating, actually the main screen on my phone just showed a Folder Icon named MeterBerry and no data at all ...

Anyways, I did this at about 3:50 pm and had already reset my preferred daily restart time to 4pm (I work nights so this is just before I wake up every day) and I waited for the Auto-reboot to see if it would clear the Icon issue ... instead, Meterberry popped up at 4pm and said Resetting Device and then ... nothing ... Dead Storm.

Fortunately a battery pull not only recovered the phone but now MB 1.5.1 is working perfectly.

I take it there is no reason to grab 1.5.2 since the fixes in that version were all for the Tour correct?
    08-23-09 09:23 PM
    Why do so many people have trouble? I mean funk I'm running OS .140 click on link sign into my account scroll to app download. Easy has making a pie.

08-23-09 09:26 PM
    I can't seem to get my storm past a security timer reset permission issue. Meterberry wants permission (I assume) to control it, but my phone, both with 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 won't budge. It will highlight "allow" but never select it. Any ideas? Thanks . . .

PS Running OS5beta
    08-23-09 09:42 PM
    Cashew: As many here have said, GREAT program, great update (the button issue like/not like is relatively minor, I'm sure I'll get used to it).

There seem to be numerous complaints though, about Mobihand not notifying the recipient of having to uninstall the previous version. I purchased mine here at the CB App store and as many others, I installed over the previous version as well...not once, but twice. Just this morning, I updated to .151 and then tonight, got the email about .152 (would be nice to see a change log on these updates). So, I installed that one on top of the one that I installed on top of the original! The weird thing is, they seemed to work just fine, so not sure what the deal was, but after reading this thread, I've gone ahead and uninstalled and just now reinstalled..whew.

Bottom line(s): CB didn't offer the uninstall directions and, even though installed improperly, it seemed to be working fine. What gives?

Thanks for everything, love this program.
    When a developer releases an update to application via MobiHand, they can enter an optional "Developer Message" that will be part of MobiHand's upgrade e-mail. I always use it. You have to scroll down through the e-mail to read it.

Hello XXXXX,

MeterBerry - The Ultimate System Information Utility, which you previously purchased for your mobile device, has been updated to version 1.5.1.

If you wish to upgrade, you can do so by downloading the latest version from your account management page at My Account (Smartphone - MobiHand Software Store Account)

Note: Most of the same version updates upgrade (i.e. from version 2.1 to version 2. 2) are free and most of the major upgrades (i.e. from version 2 to version 3) might require an upgrade fee.

Developer Message:

***You must uninstall any previous version of MeterBerry prior to installing this version!*** Changes: fixed reset device for OS version .151, added signal strength and temperature logs, improved user interface.

Thank You

This email has been sent to help ensure that you have the most current versions of software on your mobile device. If you do not wish to receive future update notifications on purchased software, please login to your account management page at My Account (Smartphone - MobiHand Software Store Account) and modify the software update notification.
    MobiHand doesn't provide any means to notify users they need to uninstall any previous versions before installing an update. All we can do is use the Developer Message.

Normally an uninstall is not needed, but the low-level changes you can't see between MeterBerry v1.4.5 and v1.5.1 were very significant. If you installed v1.5.1 over v1.4.5 without first uninstalling v1.4.5, I would uninstall v1.5.1, reboot, and reinstall it. The same goes for installing v1.5.2 over v1.4.5 (uninstall first). You can install v1.5.2 over v1.5.1 without issue.

Also, the change log for all versions can always be found on the MeterBerry website.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 08-23-09 at 09:56 PM.
    08-23-09 09:50 PM
    The Tour version works great, thanks again GC.,.

08-23-09 10:01 PM
    I'm confused. Should I have the 1.5.1 or have 1.5.2 on my storm running 151. Thanks.
    08-23-09 10:18 PM
    I'm confused. Should I have the 1.5.1 or have 1.5.2 on my storm running 151. Thanks.

I just used the CB app site not 10 minutes ago and used their "email to device" option.

I've got 1.5.2 also running on OS .151

So it appears that the CB appstore links to the latest.

Liking it so far!
    08-23-09 10:21 PM
    Thanks. I followed the instruction and downloaded it. I like the app. Just was wondering if one was for the tour and one was for the storm. Thought I might have picked the wrong one. Thanks again
    08-23-09 10:31 PM
    The email I received from the cb app store did say to uninstall the previous version. It was in the developer's message section just as Giant Cashew said.

How weird. Here's the Developer's Message in its entirely in the email I got from CB:

Developer Message:

Updated for Blackberry Tour compatibility: fixed scrolling problem on main screen, corrected display of total application memory, added more choices for low memory notification threshold to correspond with Tour's increased memory over the Storm.

That's it! Guess I'm not on the "special folks" list, lol.
    08-23-09 11:10 PM
    Im having an issue with 1.5.1 and 1.5.2.

Home Screen Icon Rotating

For whatever reason, it stops rotating and it goes back to the default meterberry icon. is anyone else having this problem? I uninstalled and reinstalled and am still having the same problem. It seems to stop rotating randomly. If I reboot then the icon will rotate at start again.

Please help developer!
    08-24-09 01:21 AM
    There is not separate versions for the Storm and Tour. v1.5.2 will work on both.
    08-24-09 06:27 AM
    Im having an issue with 1.5.1 and 1.5.2.

Home Screen Icon Rotating

For whatever reason, it stops rotating and it goes back to the default meterberry icon. is anyone else having this problem? I uninstalled and reinstalled and am still having the same problem. It seems to stop rotating randomly. If I reboot then the icon will rotate at start again.

Please help developer!
    For some reason the OS will stop background threads when performing certain tasks, like uninstalling an application. This causes the icon to stop rotating. You can see this with any application that has a dynamic home screen icon, such as WeatherBug.

This is also mentioned in the MeterBerry FAQ on our website.
    08-24-09 06:29 AM
    When my storm did a scheduled reboot this morning, it cleared the battery log. The memory and signal logs remained. Previous versions kept the battery log during reboots. Also my screen seems to stay on while powered now, I am uninstalling MB to test to see if that is the cause and then will reinstall again.

Edit: Backlight went out while powered after uninstall MB.
    Last edited by RobbTC; 08-24-09 at 06:57 AM.
    08-24-09 06:47 AM
    How weird. Here's the Developer's Message in its entirely in the email I got from CB:

Developer Message:

Updated for Blackberry Tour compatibility: fixed scrolling problem on main screen, corrected display of total application memory, added more choices for low memory notification threshold to correspond with Tour's increased memory over the Storm.

That's it! Guess I'm not on the "special folks" list, lol.
    That's the email for the second update. The email for version 1.5.1 included the message.

08-24-09 09:43 AM
    I am having an issue with version 1.5.2 on my Storm. I uninstalled 1.4.5 and installed 1.5.2 and now when I try to do a device reset, I get an error code 5 message.

After installing, I checked the permissions to ensure all are allow and even did a manual battery pull but Device Reset is still not working.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    08-24-09 11:22 AM
    For some reason the OS will stop background threads when performing certain tasks, like uninstalling an application. This causes the icon to stop rotating. You can see this with any application that has a dynamic home screen icon, such as WeatherBug.

This is also mentioned in the MeterBerry FAQ on our website.
    Is there a way to set it back to normal without rebooting?
    08-24-09 08:08 PM
    I am having an issue with version 1.5.2 on my Storm. I uninstalled 1.4.5 and installed 1.5.2 and now when I try to do a device reset, I get an error code 5 message.

After installing, I checked the permissions to ensure all are allow and even did a manual battery pull but Device Reset is still not working.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    I am having the exact same problem. It worked when I installed 1.5.1, but now it does NOT work with 1.5.2. Any seggestions?
    08-24-09 09:03 PM
138 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD