We are always striving to better understand how our customers use our application.

May I ask why you wish to clear the log daily, when the "Startup" entry indicates when your phone was last reset, and new entries are at the top of the log above the "Startup" entry? Is it just a matter of not wanting to look at old entries?
    That was my case, the only time I really need to see the prior days are when I'm testing a theme or an app. But I really have no problem with doing it manually. Thanks for the quick response.
    08-30-09 12:01 PM
    Hey giant cashew can you add an option so you can choose what days to reset i think this will be a very great option to have.
    08-30-09 12:07 PM
    That was my case, the only time I really need to see the prior days are when I'm testing a theme or an app. But I really have no problem with doing it manually. Thanks for the quick response.
    Thanks. We may consider adding the "Clear on startup" option back in based on customer feedback.
    08-30-09 12:07 PM
    Hey giant cashew any ideas on my request.
    08-30-09 12:15 PM
    Hey giant cashew any ideas on my request.
    I saw it, thanks. Could you elaborate a little more? For example, would you only want to reset on weekdays? And why?
    08-30-09 12:23 PM
    For example have a layout for the whole week and you decide what day to reset and also if possible can select for each day a different time to reset.
    08-30-09 12:31 PM
    Also is there an update for meterberry.
    08-30-09 12:32 PM
    ^
    Nice idea, but wouldn't that add to the app ending in it taking up more space and using more memory?
    08-30-09 12:32 PM
    ^
    Nice idea, but wouldn't that add to the app ending in it taking up more space and using more memory?
    Only slightly, but technically yes.

I'm trying to think of a reason why one would not want to reset on a specific day.
    08-30-09 12:34 PM
    GC.

Any idea for an update that would fix meterberry for 5.0.191?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 12:38 PM

I'm trying to think of a reason why one would not want to reset on a specific day.
    I have mines set to reset everyday @ 5:00 AM.
    08-30-09 12:40 PM
    GC.

Any idea for an update that would fix meterberry for 5.0.191?

As you may have noticed, the application permissions interface has completely changed with 5.0. When MeterBerry starts up, it checks if the permissions it requires are set to Allow. I believe this what is causing the exception error on 5.0.0.191.

We are looking into it, but the API for 5.0 isn't published, so there's really no way to troubleshoot or fix it, short of guessing.

We want to avoid having to "fix" MeterBerry every time RIM breaks it with a new interim, leaked, beta OS.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 08-30-09 at 12:47 PM.
    08-30-09 12:43 PM

this doesnt matter to me since i restart every few days. but im all for adding the option back to clear logs on startup since i really dont like looking at past days unless i need to.
    08-30-09 12:51 PM
    As you may have noticed, the application permissions interface has completely changed with 5.0. When MeterBerry starts up, it checks if the permissions it requires are set to Allow. I believe this what is causing the exception error on 5.0.0.191.

We are looking into it, but the API for 5.0 isn't published, so there's really no way to troubleshoot or fix it, short of guessing.

We want to avoid having to "fix" MeterBerry every time RIM breaks it with a new interim, leaked, beta OS.
    Yeah I don't blame you. I can imagine the amount of time that goes into "fixing" meterberry everytime a beta OS leaks. We all appreciate the hard work.

08-30-09 12:55 PM
    The good thing about when this was an option was the choice to choose whether or not to have the logs clear on start up, now there isn't an option.
    08-30-09 12:55 PM
    Hey guys i just found out about there is an update but i never got the email from mobihand about an update. Latest version is 1.5.8
    08-30-09 01:06 PM
    Hey guys i just found out about there is an update but i never got the email from mobihand about an update. Latest version is 1.5.8
    Yeah, grabbed it earlier.
    08-30-09 01:07 PM
    Nice my phone is rebooting now gonna check out whats new on this latest update.
    08-30-09 01:08 PM
    "Fixed problem affecting some BES users on OS version 4.7.0.148 that caused 'Error Code: 5' message when attempting a device reset."

Nothing major.
    08-30-09 01:09 PM
    Ahhh i see thanks for the info. Isn't weird that mobihand never email me about an update i found out on a thread someone else posted about it
    08-30-09 01:13 PM
    If we add the option to clear the logs on startup, would a single option that clears all the enabled logs suffice? Or would you prefer each log (1, 2, and 3) have its own option to clear on startup?
    08-30-09 01:31 PM
    If we add the option to clear the logs on startup, would a single option that clears all the enabled logs suffice? Or would you prefer each log (1, 2, and 3) have its own option to clear on startup?
    a single option would be fine by me. what ever is easier
    08-30-09 01:34 PM
    So that it's easier (not saying that anything isn't easy for you, you invented the app), I would say the single option as it wouldn't really make a lot of sense to keep anything from the prior day without keeping it all.
    08-30-09 01:36 PM
    a single option would be fine by me. what ever is easier
    A single option to clear all the logs is easier and more intuitive, in my opinion. But I wanted to get others' opinions.
    08-30-09 01:36 PM
    A single option to clear all the logs is easier and more intuitive, in my opinion. But I wanted to get others' opinions.
    single option is fine, im just glad you putting it back in so i dont want to add alot more work for you.
    08-30-09 01:41 PM
138 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD