I am having the exact same problem. It worked when I installed 1.5.1, but now it does NOT work with 1.5.2. Any seggestions?
    Looks like a very limited set of people are seeing error code 5 with the update from 1.4.5 to 1.5.X. I am working on it now.

Although, nothing changed regarding resets between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2, so I'm surprised you didn't see it in 1.5.1.
    08-24-09 09:05 PM
    Quick question: Is the new Meterberry update significant enough to warrant an upgrade? I am pretty happy with the old one and recently gotten it to work properly. I am skeptical about undoing everything I did before. Any potential problems people are running into?

What exactly is new with the updated version (STORM)?

Barry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 09:06 PM
    Quick question: Is the new Meterberry update significant enough to warrant an upgrade? I am pretty happy with the old one and recently gotten it to work properly. I am skeptical about undoing everything I did before. Any potential problems people are running into?

What exactly is new with the updated version (STORM)?

Barry

I agree Barry, I love my 1.4.5 and am also worried about updating. I can't decide whether or not to upgrade now or at a later date.

As far as what is new, page one was pretty specific on the details.
    08-25-09 08:19 AM
    could u readd the "clear memory log/batterylog after reboot" option? i dont like having a long log w/o having to clear it all the time
    08-26-09 11:21 AM
    could u readd the "clear memory log/batterylog after reboot" option? i dont like having a long log w/o having to clear it all the time
    i agree with drift
    08-26-09 11:27 AM
    This was taken away with the upgrade? I'm DEFINITELY not upgrading then. I loved the fact that my QuickPull cleaned up for a fresh log every day.
    Hmmm....me thinks that was dirty sounding.
    At any rate, I loved being able to see if any new/recent apps were making unwanted changes to memory/battery via the log, so it would be necessary to re-implement this feature.
    08-26-09 05:39 PM
    i agree with drift
    i agree as well
    08-26-09 07:01 PM
    Me to

08-26-09 07:24 PM
    We removed this feature because we felt it was redundant for the following reasons:

1. You can always view the last time your phone started up in the log with the "Startup" entry. The Startup entry also shows how much memory was reclaimed or how much battery was consumed by rebooting. You don't get this information if you clear the log on startup.

2. The logs are a fixed size, so there is no concern about them filling up forever and consuming all of your phone's memory. New entries overwrite old ones.

3. You can clear all or part of the log manually.

Did you use this feature for some other purpose? There is no loss of information.

We will consider adding it back in based on user feedback though.

At any rate, I loved being able to see if any new/recent apps were making unwanted changes to memory/battery via the log, so it would be necessary to re-implement this feature.
    You don't lose this ability by removing the clear on startup feature. The only difference is that entries before the "Startup" entry and entries prior to it are visible. You can ignore them if you want.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 08-26-09 at 08:34 PM.
    08-26-09 08:19 PM
    But....but.....but......

Damn. I feel like an *****. Maybe we're ocd and loved that feature!!! lol
    08-27-09 08:43 AM
    it bleeps i*d*i*o*t?
    08-27-09 08:44 AM
    running latest update 1.5.2 and have had since 1.4.5 and like the app and updates seem good kinda streamlined a few things/ removed but not sure if any one else experiencing this but long lag when opening app from icon screen and when closing app just seems slower anyone else getting this

and yeh change log would be great .......
    08-27-09 09:07 AM
    Cashew,

The changes to the interface were cool once I figured them out.

Since you've added signal strength, how about a rotating icon for signal? That would allow minimalist themes that could dispense with the usual battery and signal icons.

08-27-09 09:53 AM
    running latest update 1.5.2 and have had since 1.4.5 and like the app and updates seem good kinda streamlined a few things/ removed but not sure if any one else experiencing this but long lag when opening app from icon screen and when closing app just seems slower anyone else getting this

and yeh change log would be great .......
    I haven't heard anyone report this. You may want to try uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling.

Change log is always on the MeterBerry website.
    08-27-09 01:11 PM
    I am having an issue with version 1.5.2 on my Storm. I uninstalled 1.4.5 and installed 1.5.2 and now when I try to do a device reset, I get an error code 5 message.

After installing, I checked the permissions to ensure all are allow and even did a manual battery pull but Device Reset is still not working.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    I'm having the same issue (error code 5). It's a clean install not an updgrade on a replacement phone. I'm running .148
    08-27-09 03:11 PM
    No issue with me about error code 5.
    08-27-09 04:15 PM
    Cashew, we need an update for those running 5.0, please
    08-29-09 09:48 PM
    Cashew, we need an update for those running 5.0, please
    We did look into a fix for the device reset feature in OS 5.0, but 5.0 doesn't behave like 4.7, either because of bugs or changes to the API, which isn't published yet. We could probably come up with a fix/workaround for the current leaked version of 5.0, but it would likely get "broken" again in the next leak. Once 5.0 becomes more stable and/or the API is published by RIM, we will revisit it.
    08-29-09 11:32 PM
    We did look into a fix for the device reset feature in OS 5.0, but 5.0 doesn't behave like 4.7, either because of bugs or changes to the API, which isn't published yet. We could probably come up with a fix/workaround for the current leaked version of 5.0, but it would likely get "broken" again in the next leak. Once 5.0 becomes more stable and/or the API is published by RIM, we will revisit it.
    Actually, it's more of a question of "it ain't running at all" versus "the reset doesn't work".
    08-29-09 11:53 PM
    Cashew, it doesn't run at all man. I'm not worried about the reset, I can't get the dang thing to start
    08-30-09 12:00 AM
    Cashew, it doesn't run at all man. I'm not worried about the reset, I can't get the dang thing to start
    Ah, I see some reports it doesn't run with the 5.0.0.191 version released today. I will look into it. But like I said, the 5.0 API isn't published, so troubleshooting problems is basically a guessing game.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 08-30-09 at 12:23 AM.
    08-30-09 12:10 AM
    Hey GC,
    Is there a way to reapply the action that the logs automatically clear on restart?, I hate having to physically go into each log just to delete the prior day.
    08-30-09 11:20 AM
    Hey GC,
    Is there a way to reapply the action that the logs automatically clear on restart, I hate having to physically go into each log just to delete the prior day.
    No. Our justification for removing it is here. If you have any feedback, I would be happy to hear it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/me...ml#post3442378
    08-30-09 11:22 AM
    No. Our justification for removing it is here. If you have any feedback, I would be happy to hear it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/me...ml#post3442378
    Cool, I guess I'll just have to continue to do it manually.
    08-30-09 11:26 AM
    Cool, I guess I'll just have to continue to do it manually.
    We are always striving to better understand how our customers use our application.

May I ask why you wish to clear the log daily, when the "Startup" entry indicates when your phone was last reset, and new entries are at the top of the log above the "Startup" entry? Is it just a matter of not wanting to look at old entries?
    08-30-09 11:53 AM
138 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD