You must uninstall any previous version of MeterBerry prior to installing this version!

Soft reset fixed for OS .151.

There are now three log slots that can be set to any combination of Battery, Memory, Signal Strength, or Temperature log. The logs can be in any order, or they can be disabled. You can have 1, 2, or 3 logs.

Everything is now accessed through the main screen's menu. The log portion of the menu is dynamic based on the currently enabled logs.

The log screen layout has been revised and cleaned up (units are now displayed in the title bar, etc.)

Signal Strength log can be displayed in bars or dBm.

Temperature log can be displayed in �F or �C.

Log screens support multi-touch - swipe left or right to cycle through currently enabled logs.

-------------------------------------------------

Features:

Customizable, Dynamic Home Screen Icons
    Keep tabs on your battery, memory, or device status right on your home screen.

Customizable Battery and Memory Notifications
    MeterBerry will notify you when your battery level or free memory drops below the thresholds you specify.
    Notification sounds, LED, and vibrate behavior are all customizable through the phone's standard Profiles application.

Logging
    MeterBerry keeps logs of how your battery level, free memory, signal strength, and device temperature change over time, allowing you to detect a failing battery, monitor how 3rd party applications or OS's affect your battery life, memory, or signal strength, find areas or times of the day where your signal strength drops, determine if your phone is overheating, and more.

Soft Reset (Battery Pull) Functionality
    Reset your device by simulating a battery pull any time you want.
    Or, schedule a reset to be performed automatically daily at a specific time.

Memory Recovery
    Initiate the Java garbage collector to free up application memory on-demand, when you receive a low memory notification, or hourly when your phone is idle.

Event Log Management
    View the system Event Log to troubleshoot application or operating system problems.
    Clear the event log hourly when your phone is idle to free up application memory.

Device Statistics
    MeterBerry calculates the average battery discharge rate, change in free memory since startup, time since the last reset, and more.

Small Footprint
    MeterBerry is only ~180 KB in size when installed. And its run-time footprint is even smaller.

Lifetime Free Upgrades
    MeterBerry is constantly being updated with new features. All updates will be free to existing customers. Forever.

Unparalled Support
    E-mail us at [email protected] with any problems, questions, comments, or suggestions. We will answer.

-------------------------------------------------

Check out all the details, along with FAQs at the MeterBerry website.

Purchase MeterBerry for a steal, only $3.95!

No other program even comes close to offering MeterBerry's bang for the buck.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 11-20-09 at 08:50 AM.
    08-23-09 11:16 AM
    Thanks Giant Cashew for the update.
    Wished I had read this thread BEFORE mobihand's email to upgrade. Guess I will go and unistall the new install, reboot the reinstall.
    Glad I am having a slow work day
    Last edited by Ltapilot; 08-23-09 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Dumb spelling errors and to fast fingers
    08-23-09 11:27 AM
    Thanks Giant Cashew for the update.
    Wished I had read this thread BEFORE mobihand's email to upgrade. Guess I will go and unistall the new install, reboot the reinstall.
    Glad I am having a slow work day
    The MobiHand update e-mail also includes my instructions to uninstall any old versions first. It's just a little more difficult to find, you have to scroll down to "Developer Message". In the future, any time you get a MobiHand update e-mail, I would make sure you read the Developer Message first. Not just for MeterBerry but any other applications you have.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 08-23-09 at 11:33 AM.
    08-23-09 11:31 AM
    I saw that after the fact. Dumb mistake on my part.
    When one of my most used (and favorite) programs gets an update, I jump to soon
    Thanks for your hard work
    08-23-09 11:34 AM
    Thanks for the update. These are great additions to the application. Keep up the good work.
    08-23-09 11:36 AM
    Yeah, I wish I would have seen the "uninstall first" message, too. I'm sitting here waiting for the reboot to finish because I lost the icon when I upgraded and couldn't find it anywhere. I was thinking the reboot would make it show up. Guess not. Sigh. When in doubt, RTFM, eh?
    08-23-09 11:40 AM
    Awesome! updated perfectly and seems to have some nice new features! Thanks GC!
    08-23-09 11:43 AM
    Yeah, I wish I would have seen the "uninstall first" message, too. I'm sitting here waiting for the reboot to finish because I lost the icon when I upgraded and couldn't find it anywhere. I was thinking the reboot would make it show up. Guess not. Sigh. When in doubt, RTFM, eh?
    It is probably in the Downloads or Applications folder. Make sure you don't have them hidden.
    08-23-09 11:43 AM
    Well done and certainly worth the wait!
    08-23-09 11:53 AM
    sweet
    app i cant live without
    love it
    08-23-09 11:54 AM
    Nice update...

Not a big fan of losing the buttons and having to access everything through the menu but I'm sure the new logging options require it...

One note that I am sure you are aware of but I thought I woulld tell you all the same, it still won't reboot on 5.0.0.140 but now I get the something else has already requested the reboot instead of the Java error...

Thanks again for the update!
    08-23-09 12:00 PM
    just updated,looks great,thanks for the update
    08-23-09 12:05 PM
    Nice update...

Not a big fan of losing the buttons and having to access everything through the menu but I'm sure the new logging options require it...

One note that I am sure you are aware of but I thought I woulld tell you all the same, it still won't reboot on 5.0.0.140 but now I get the something else has already requested the reboot instead of the Java error...

Thanks again for the update!
    yes, the reboot wont work in OS 5 everytime...sometimes it will and sometimes not....when it was tested a couple weeks ago i could never get it to do the same thing everytime
    08-23-09 12:06 PM
    Please give the new menu interface a few days to grow on you. I think you will find it is more intuitive once you're used to it, especially because you can now swipe left and right to move between the logs.

I know everyone is used to the buttons, but if we made a button for every new feature we add, the screen would start to get very cluttered, which it did when we added the new logging options. The Blackberry UI is centered around the menu, and moving MeterBerry's actions to the menu makes it consistent with the rest of the OS. You also don't have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen to select "Reset Device", for example. Believe it or not we have many users who never realized until recently that the main MeterBerry screen scrolls, and that there were more options waiting for them at the bottom of the screen.
    08-23-09 12:12 PM
    Really liking the latest release. The screen looks a lot nicer and having everything in the menu simplifies the process. Thanks for the update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 12:36 PM
    I think it's better without the buttons, by it being part of the menu it feels more integrated as it should've been something that RIM should've integrated anyway. Good going GC, keep it up.

Also sent you an email about something else.
    08-23-09 12:46 PM
    Looks real nice. Just wondering, why is there 4 logging options, but only 3 logs? Kind of drives me crazy!
    08-23-09 12:48 PM
    Looks real nice. Just wondering, why is there 4 logging options, but only 3 logs? Kind of drives me crazy!
    You have the 3 custom logs (battery, memory, signal strength or temperature) and the event log.

08-23-09 12:52 PM
    You get to choose which ones you would like to log between the three.
    08-23-09 12:59 PM
    A valid question. In the future, the number of items that can be logged may grow. For performance reasons, you don't want to be logging 10 things at once. So, we decided to create three log "slots", where you choose what gets logged in each one.

08-23-09 01:03 PM
    Thanks GC appreciate the update
    08-23-09 01:13 PM
    I cant seem to scroll down on the main menu, any suggestions? tried uninstalling, battery pulls and still nothing. All I can see is battery and memory no device and no ability to scroll
    08-23-09 01:18 PM
    im getting really aggrivated with mobihand. I read the instructions.. deleted the previous version and now when I go to download the new version it just gives me an error and keeps telling me that I've already downloaded it and won't let me do anything else. ... This happens EVERY TIME i go to upgrade. It's a bunch of bull****! I have the correct PIN on their site too in my account!

WHAT GIVES MOBIHAND!

god I love this application and it really aggrivates me that I can not obtain the new version every time!
    08-23-09 01:25 PM
    I cant seem to scroll down on the main menu, any suggestions? tried uninstalling, battery pulls and still nothing. All I can see is battery and memory no device and no ability to scroll
    Hit menu the button, then options to choose what you see when you open meterberry.
    08-23-09 01:26 PM
    What happens if I u don't delete

08-23-09 01:28 PM
138 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD